08-31-17 03:51 PM
41 12
tools
    I was always intrigued by the PRIV due to it having a real keyboard, and the dtek devices didn't appeal to me because they were just rebranded Idols with some BlackBerry android apps.

I had my Classic and SE Passport and used them alongside my iPhone. I told myself I'd get a BlackBerry android when they made one with a "real" keyboard aka not a slider. and then the KEYone came along and I just decided to take the plunge and learn how to use android.

it's been great so far, minus the screen lift issue, which was promptly resolved for me. the KEYone feels like a near-perfect BlackBerry Android experience, which is pretty cool considering TCL hadn't ever done anything with BlackBerry other than rebrand their Idol phones.

it's kind of a big responsibility to do a device with a nice keyboard, especially if a nice keyboard is so central to the brand that you're doing the device for. the KEYone is a great first effort by TCL/ BlackBerry Mobile, which means full qwerty BlackBerry devices by them can only get better in the future
    08-30-17 03:02 PM
    2 big reasons:

1. My beloved Classic with its 2012 specs unable to keep up with web browsing in 2017. Many sites don't support BlackBerry browser anymore. Whatsapp pulling support. Spotify worked still, but for how much longer? The Classic started showing its age; I was having memory crashes with 3-4 apps running while I was web browsing. It was only a matter of time before it couldn't serve my needs.

2. The KeyOne came out--the first Android I've really wanted as a main phone. Passed on the Priv because I didn't like the keyboard. Sprint decided to carry the KeyOne's (I was shocked) and offered 6 months of free Tidal. Switching from Verizon (I can only get VZW or Sprint signal where I work), I could get Unlimited plan plus the K1 for less than I was paying Verizon every month. The K1 opened the door, the saving $ part sold me.

I still use the Classic at home sometimes, as I still prefer it over any other device for certain things (and in some respects it's superior to the K1).

The most ironic part is that BlackBerry sold me on Android.
    08-30-17 03:10 PM
    So many mainstream apps just stopped working well or at all on BB10. Sure there was workarounds but many of those stopped working as well and I had enough of them even if they still did work. All of that and my work heavily relies on google docs and drive and unfortunately no workaround would make it work properly on BB10. When BB10 first came out, it wasn't as bad but as time went on, it became unbearable and android has vastly surpassed it in functionality in my opinion considering BB10 development has ceased on BlackBerry's behalf.
    Sad but true.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    08-30-17 09:54 PM
    apps
    08-31-17 01:22 AM
    Iphone 8 way better then #Blackdroid

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 02:17 AM
    A few posters mentioned that the BlackBerry 10 browser wasn't able to handle a lot of their webpages that they viewed. Is there somebody who could provide me with an example of one?

I know that the BlackBerry Playbook browser has deteriorated a lot, I don't ever really use the tablet ever but I fired it up the other day. The browser is very slowly and it's painful to use.

My SE Passport hasn't really had any problems that I have noticed with the browser so I am wondering what type of issues others have noticed?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I have a Z10 that back in 2015 would practically use a charge cycle to load Crackberry, which made visiting the site a true trial. And no, using the app wasn't an option since it doesn't have moderator tools. That, coupled with the realization that almost all my apps were from the Play Store, meant I needed something new. Being on Verizon meant no Passport which might have kept me on BB10 for a while longer, so I did a little research and settled on the LG G3 (which has the Passport's innards).
    08-31-17 03:21 AM
    I moved over because of the Web Browser not being updated and the app issues. Got tired of dealing with work arounds for everything.
    08-31-17 03:25 AM
    The browser was one of the main culprits. It worked OK but slow.
    Also I found that with a the android apps I was using (which I didn't think we're many), was draining the battery so I had to charge it during the day so it would last me till supper.
    I lucked-out on a great deal for the Oneplus 3T and I've never seen fast charging like this or battery life in an android phone. With the six gigs of RAM the browser screams.
    Thanks to my experiences on BB10 I still save Web pages to the home page to avoid using unnecessary apps to track me and suck my battery dry.

BB10 I am truly glad to have known you
    08-31-17 05:38 AM
    My Z30 fell off my pocket. Screen partly shattered, speakers dead. Instead of investing into another BB10 phone I'm just going to buy a partly supported DTEK60

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry DTEK60? You might as well as bought a Motorola Razr. BlackBerry OS 10 is dead as are any BlackBerry smartphone earlier than the BlackBerry PRIV.
    08-31-17 06:00 AM
    BlackBerry DTEK60? You might as well as bought a Motorola Razr. BlackBerry OS 10 is dead as are any BlackBerry smartphone earlier than the BlackBerry PRIV.
    DTEK60 is not BB10 and it's not earlier than Priv

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 06:26 AM
    What's yours?
    Me personally, I was being stupid lol. Can't fully accept my choice. Yeah, sh*t happens
    Thinking to switch to an iPhone or Tizen (open source OS).
    Last edited by joker333; 08-31-17 at 11:45 AM.
    08-31-17 07:55 AM
    (Priv, not K1, but still...)

For me, apps and the browser. Honestly, pretty much every answer you get is going to be one or both of those.

If BBWorld matched the software library of Android or IOS app stores, there's no question that I would have kept the Passport for two more years, or maybe longer.

I didn't give up the Passport because of the hardware, that's for sure. I loved the feel of that thing in my hands!
    08-31-17 09:41 AM
    App availability. Sideloaded some apps on my Q10 but not having Google play services made a few key apps unusable. Specifically one I use all the time Strava for Mountain biking.
    08-31-17 09:50 AM
    I was using the Passport and the old runtime just didn't cut it! the apps kept on lagging, crashing or just not opening! I started using google apps and didn't realize how much I actually use em! so the natural saith was to the PRIV, now the K1!
    08-31-17 12:38 PM
    The short answer to your question is CONFORMITY, BB10 doesn't work anymore for what most people need. Uber/Facebook/twitter...
    08-31-17 01:22 PM
    As much as I love the BB10 it was inevitable that eventually it will die out, so sooner or later I have to switched, what better time to replace the Passport with the KeyOne. I saw the KeyOne as a solid contender. The Priv didn't convinced me.

Thought I don't use a lot of apps, there are some that I want to use.
    08-31-17 03:51 PM
41 12