I had a q10. I know I am always a PKB user. The only reason I moved to Keyone is WhatsApp. What's yours?
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-29-17 01:11 PM
    I had the Z10, Passport and loved them both. I truly think BB10 is an excellent OS but I needed allot of apps that didn't work for my job, like sports trackers and smart watches became hit and miss so I decided I had to make a change. I switched to Samsung and had a few android devices to get me used to it. jumped to the PRIV and liked it allot but it had some issues. I then moved to the Dtek60 and thought is was a great device. slim, fast, and it worked great. Then came the Keyone and I knew I had to have that physical keyboard and haven't looked back.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-29-17 03:40 PM
    To stay marginally relevant in the world I'm living in

Always a trade off though.
    08-29-17 04:05 PM
    I picked up a KEYone because of the programs.
    Most can't be found in BlackBerry World, and it was beginning to be too much of a pain to use the Android Run Time on BB10.

A nice bonus is the taller screen on the KEYone, over the Classic.

Basically, Pooyam said it well.
    Last edited by undefinederror; 08-29-17 at 06:41 PM.
    pooyam likes this.
    08-29-17 04:06 PM
    To stay marginally relevant in the world I'm living in

Always a trade off though.
    This^
    08-29-17 05:38 PM
    I had also Q10, which in my opinion is the best form factor ever. But the choice of apps became more important for me after about 2 years of using it, so thats why switch to android
    Delirious D and ezikiah like this.
    08-29-17 05:49 PM
    The new all touch BlackBerry should be called the TouchOne! Please send me the phone out of gratitude, for the killer name. LOL No seriously, send me the phone!
    08-29-17 05:54 PM
    Poor support. My firm didn't support BlackBerry any more and had gone Google.

This means neither the Hangouts or Google suites worked but also the MDM they used wasn't supported on BB10. I didn't have much choice.
    08-29-17 06:07 PM
    needed to keep with the times and have ability to run all the apps I need.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-29-17 06:15 PM
    Honestly the browser not keeping up with the new requirements was killing me as I couldn't get to more than half the webpages.
    Barbareren likes this.
    08-29-17 06:21 PM
    my reason for moving was whatsapp and apps. I switched from BB10 to IOS and then to BB android (my first android). please make the interface just like bb10. I just miss it a lot. It was the best.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-29-17 06:27 PM
    Support of bb10 was stopped and apps Support got reduced, always better to be in updated with security patches, still I use passport for mails. now will fully migrate to keyone.
    08-29-17 07:51 PM
    I got hit with the dreaded no signal on my passport so I kinda needed a new phone.
    08-29-17 08:04 PM
    Because it appeared there wouldnt be a new BB10 (or above) replacement for the Classic with my beloved trackpad. Didnt have issues with the few apps I used, coulda went on longer with those.

I would jump back to a new BB operating system in a second but do find myself liking Android for the most part, surprisingly.
    08-29-17 09:54 PM
    I need a couple of Android Apps, though to be honest, I might be better off sticking with BB10 and double carrying a cheaper Android ohone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-29-17 10:02 PM
    Apps in general, android ecosystem.
    08-29-17 10:04 PM
    It was 2015...it was time
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    08-29-17 11:26 PM
    Because bb10's android runtime stopped improving and it never had a legitimate google play services.

That and BlackBerry never released a taller version of the classic, with a capacitive keyboard and the specs of the passport.

Love my passport, but it's too wide.

Camera on the keyone is handy as well.

Would love a toolbelt on the keyone. Even if the phone button only works from the home screen etc.
    08-30-17 04:45 AM
    Wanted a up to date phone with a proper keyboard that everything worked on without jumping through hoops. Which was also the reason i got my classic a couple of years or so ago as that did then what the keyone does now.
    08-30-17 05:40 AM
    My Z30 fell off my pocket. Screen partly shattered, speakers dead. Instead of investing into another BB10 phone I'm just going to buy a partly supported DTEK60

Posted via CB10
    08-30-17 05:54 AM
    A few posters mentioned that the BlackBerry 10 browser wasn't able to handle a lot of their webpages that they viewed. Is there somebody who could provide me with an example of one?

I know that the BlackBerry Playbook browser has deteriorated a lot, I don't ever really use the tablet ever but I fired it up the other day. The browser is very slowly and it's painful to use.

My SE Passport hasn't really had any problems that I have noticed with the browser so I am wondering what type of issues others have noticed?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-30-17 06:12 AM
    A few posters mentioned that the BlackBerry 10 browser wasn't able to handle a lot of their webpages that they viewed. Is there somebody who could provide me with an example of one?

I know that the BlackBerry Playbook browser has deteriorated a lot, I don't ever really use the tablet ever but I fired it up the other day. The browser is very slowly and it's painful to use.

My SE Passport hasn't really had any problems that I have noticed with the browser so I am wondering what type of issues others have noticed?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    ESPN freezes for me every time. Once in a while I can look at a story or two before it happens. There are a bunch of sites that I cannot login into through the browser like Nextdoor and some work related ones.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-17 06:56 AM
    I moved back from a DTEK60 to my Passport and will continue to use that for as long as it's feasible. I just don't like Android. Maybe with a KEYone PKB my experience will be better, who knows.
    08-30-17 01:32 PM
    The apps like Starbucks, Android Auto etc. otherwise I would still be on BB10, until it was gone.
    08-30-17 01:36 PM
    So many mainstream apps just stopped working well or at all on BB10. Sure there was workarounds but many of those stopped working as well and I had enough of them even if they still did work. All of that and my work heavily relies on google docs and drive and unfortunately no workaround would make it work properly on BB10. When BB10 first came out, it wasn't as bad but as time went on, it became unbearable and android has vastly surpassed it in functionality in my opinion considering BB10 development has ceased on BlackBerry's behalf.
    08-30-17 01:44 PM
41 12