Just use the hub, there is nothing like it and the search function is on point. I use the hub for 4 email accounts and no other notifications, color code the personal accounts separate from work and put my work account as a shortcut on homescreen. I've tried others and can't even get through a full day before I switch back to the hub.
    Sounds familiar
    03-12-19 07:29 AM
    R2Mail2 is a good email client, you can use it for IMAP and Exchange and you can add S/MIME and PGP encryption.
    03-12-19 12:20 PM
    I found out that if i want to have the best experience using phone and my lap i have to use gmail. If you have more than one email account the only way to have the same Inbox view foi all emails, and at the same time postpone , tags and starring using either phone or laptop (or desktop) you need gmail.
    Unless you use just your phone for every email subjects, thats the only way to have the perfect sync
    I can use HUB for whatsapp, sms and calls
    Others do not offer web acess, only apps , so you´ll never have the perfect sync (inbox, postpone, starr and tags or folders) between device and web (using lap or desktop)
    03-12-19 12:20 PM
    I have never receive spam email in the hub but receiving it in the outlook on my laptop..
    I don't sync my spam folders, so I don't get them. Please note the Android Outlook is not the same as Windows Outlook. They are both made by Microsoft, but have different features and capabilities. It's likely a setting you have on your laptop's Outlook, or how you have your emails syncing from the service you use.
    03-12-19 05:34 PM
    Now that my employer went the MDM route, I have to use their secure apps for all of my work stuff. My big problem is that I was using my work Outlook as my universal address book. And now, it is unavailable to my personal accounts in the Hub (and dialer). I am questioning whether to keep using the Hub at this point and just move my personal stuff to the secure apps (they allow you to setup personal email accounts). Of course, I really don't want my employer to have access to my personal stuff, but it would be a lot easier.

Anyway, they are offering us the option of either Boxer or Outlook. They are fairly similar and decent.
    03-12-19 06:38 PM
    I use Nine. I think that the hub is great *but* the formatting makes it difficult to read a lot of html mail without zooming (it's possible that this has been fixed now) but Nine just works, and we have the same user experience across PRIV's, KEYone's and even S8's
    I am attempting to drop Hub due to it's reliance on BlackBerry contacts (for Add to Contacts function) and BlackBerry Calendar (for Invite to Meeting function). I just tried Nine and it really seems better than the other email clients but I can't seem to find a way to quickly toggle notifications (on/off) for each email account as there are two work email accounts that I want notifications to be turned off for when I'm in the office (as I will receive notifications through my laptop and don't want to be notified twice).

It's just so frustrating that Hub really seems like the best one around so far but yet I can't use it for all functions without adding other BlackBerry apps.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-19-19 11:55 PM
    Hi Dawn, hub is semi abandoned at this point. It's only getting security updates and if there are major bugs, otherwise they seem to be taking away functionality instead of adding.
    I am still using Hub for my newsletter and other stuff, but I retired my work and primary personal email to Nine.
    I would also suggest look into Aqua Mail.
    Price wise Nine was great and time to time Aqua Mail goes on sale. Dont subscribe, but buy the license.

I really wish Hub would keep up with the improvements and not be stale like it is now. There are many free apps with better functionality, it's a shame BB Hub went from most productive email app to a crippled basic hub.
    11-20-19 10:36 AM
    I can't seem to find a way to quickly toggle notifications (on/off) for each email account as there are two work email accounts that I want notifications to be turned off for when I'm in the office (as I will receive notifications through my laptop and don't want to be notified twice).
    You can set quiet hours so you dont get notified when you are in office. Nine has hours you can set.

Otherwise it doesn't have location based notification.

Or you can use your phones location based settings if it supports.
    11-20-19 10:37 AM
    You can set quiet hours so you dont get notified when you are in office. Nine has hours you can set.

Otherwise it doesn't have location based notification.

Or you can use your phones location based settings if it supports.
    I am not in the office regular days or hours so setting quiet hours won't really work. Location is not going to work as well as there are some places in the office (like when I go for meetings) that I want notifications on. There just seems to be no easy way to have very specific notifications for different scenarios.

Perhaps what I really miss is custom profiles in BBOS. During that time, I could quickly toggle between the different precise notifications I want (like when I'm at home, or office, or in a public area).
    11-20-19 06:52 PM
    the absolute best is to simply disable to revert to stock Hub and then disable auto-update for it individually on Google Play
    11-21-19 11:25 AM
    The Hub is having issues with showing emails, this appears to be a common problem judging by the posts. Have the alternatives improved since this thread started? Those with these recent Hub issues, what are you using instead?
    05-24-21 01:02 PM
    The Hub is having issues with showing emails, this appears to be a common problem judging by the posts. Have the alternatives improved since this thread started? Those with these recent Hub issues, what are you using instead?
    Just try them.

Spark Mail, Nine, Aqua Mail, Outlook, Gmail.
    05-24-21 01:50 PM
    I am still using Hub as the alternatives I've tried still cannot compare. I occasionally use the Outlook app (least problems with my work email as it's using Office 365) when Hub has the occasional issue.
    05-25-21 12:34 AM
    I occasionally use the Outlook app (least problems with my work email as it's using Office 365) when Hub has the occasional issue.
    Yeah that's a good idea I'll give it a go, a back-up for the occasional issues, and issues there are.
    05-25-21 09:16 AM
    I am still using Hub as the alternatives I've tried still cannot compare. I occasionally use the Outlook app (least problems with my work email as it's using Office 365) when Hub has the occasional issue.
    What is it about Hub that is compelling? Real question. I found it to be antiquated and ugly when I've used it but perhaps I missed it's charms.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    05-25-21 09:48 AM
    What is it about Hub that is compelling? Real question. I found it to be antiquated and ugly when I've used it but perhaps I missed it's charms.
    I don't see what's "ugly" about it. In fact, it looks generally like every other email app I've looked at.

I do prefer the various icons used in the message list. I am so sick and tired of that stupid circle avatar motif that everyone uses. I was sick of it when that first started showing up everywhere 5 years ago. It's time to let that go.

The Hub Inbox actually looks fairly clean to me. I mean, there's only so many ways to show a list of your emails.

I do like seeing my sent mails in the main list.
    mikael11 likes this.
    05-25-21 06:35 PM
    To me, function is more important than looks. Also, I do not find the Hub to be anywhere near ugly. Some of the functions that I can think of right now that are important to me with the Hub that I cannot find (at least not all in one same app/suite of apps) in other apps:
    - The ability to add to contacts from email (as an integration with BB contacts).
    - The ability to create a calendar invite from email (as an integration with BB calendar).
    - The ability to properly customise notification (from sound to light colour) for each mailbox.
    - The ability to label each mailbox with a different colour so that I know at a glance which account the email is from.

If you do know of something else that can perform all those above together, I will like to try it as I am encountering problems with Hub and Office 365 now that my employer started the 2FA thing.
    05-25-21 10:56 PM
    To me, function is more important than looks. Also, I do not find the Hub to be anywhere near ugly. Some of the functions that I can think of right now that are important to me with the Hub that I cannot find (at least not all in one same app/suite of apps) in other apps:
    - The ability to add to contacts from email (as an integration with BB contacts).
    - The ability to create a calendar invite from email (as an integration with BB calendar).
    - The ability to properly customise notification (from sound to light colour) for each mailbox.
    - The ability to label each mailbox with a different colour so that I know at a glance which account the email is from.

If you do know of something else that can perform all those above together, I will like to try it as I am encountering problems with Hub and Office 365 now that my employer started the 2FA thing.
    Thanks for the response. I truly appreciate it.

I use Nine and it can do everything on your list. I haven't really used the LED customization but the setting is there anyway. I think those are all pretty standard fare for most email clients (except maybe the LED).

I do use MS 365 accounts with 2FA in Nine with no problem so maybe give it a go. I think I did pay $15 to unlock all features but it was a one-time thing. Not sure if any of the features you need are behind the pay wall.
    pdr733 likes this.
    05-25-21 11:07 PM
    I don't see what's "ugly" about it. In fact, it looks generally like every other email app I've looked at.
    That's a fair point. It's been so long since I tried it I could definitely be making it out to be worse than it is.
    05-25-21 11:09 PM

Spark, Nine.
    05-25-21 11:15 PM
    Thanks for the response. I truly appreciate it.

I use Nine and it can do everything on your list. I haven't really used the LED customization but the setting is there anyway. I think those are all pretty standard fare for most email clients (except maybe the LED).

I do use MS 365 accounts with 2FA in Nine with no problem so maybe give it a go. I think I did pay $15 to unlock all features but it was a one-time thing. Not sure if any of the features you need are behind the pay wall.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I did try Nine before long time ago but found something to be lacking therefore I did not continue but it could be due to the fact that I did not make payment to unlock all features. I will give it a try again the next time.
    05-26-21 12:29 AM
    Spark, Nine.
    I asked my IT to approve those apps so that I could add my office 365 accounts to try and I've encountered the following (unless I do not know where to look for the function) that makes me not able to give Hub up.

Spark:
    General
    - No option to have conversation view (only threads)
    - Can't sync calendar (which also means cannot create calendar invite from email)

Nine:
    Gmail
    - Can't get it to push mail
    - Can't sync calendar (which also means cannot create calendar invite from email)
    06-01-21 09:04 PM
    I asked my IT to approve those apps so that I could add my office 365 accounts to try and I've encountered the following (unless I do not know where to look for the function) that makes me not able to give Hub up.

Spark:
    General
    - No option to have conversation view (only threads)

Nine:
    Gmail
    - Can't get it to push mail
    With Nine, all accounts supporting ActiveSync will sync mail, calendar, tasks, notes, and contacts.

Spark supports Google, Exchange, and iCloud calendars. You access the calendars from within Spark.
    Last edited by conite; 06-01-21 at 09:45 PM.
    06-01-21 09:31 PM
    You access the calendars from within Spark.
    I can't access calendars from within Spark, I do not know how you do that? I am on Android, is that the issue?

In any case, I do not want to access calendars from my email app. I am using Google calendar and want to see my full schedule there. I can see all the calendars from BB Hub+ services but don't see anything from Spark, which makes me think that if I remove BB Hub and Hub+ services, my Google calendar will become empty (even though I have 3 email accounts added in Spark because calendars are not synced, only email are).
    06-01-21 09:52 PM
    I can't access calendars from within Spark, I do not know how you do that? I am on Android, is that the issue?

In any case, I do not want to access calendars from my email app. I am using Google calendar and want to see my full schedule there. I can see all the calendars from BB Hub+ services but don't see anything from Spark, which makes me think that if I remove BB Hub and Hub+ services, my Google calendar will become empty (even though I have 3 email accounts added in Spark because calendars are not synced, only email are).
    Just read the FAQs from Nine and Spark. All of the answers are there.
    06-01-21 09:58 PM
85 1234