Disclaimer: This is my first rodeo with an Android OS.

It seems that every contact, sms conversation, to name a few, has a different color associated with it. Not a big fan of pink text message conversations, for example. How can one set a default color for contact letters and sms convos amongst other things.

Thanks. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    06-12-17 01:39 PM
    You can't. It goes through a series of colors and assigns them to each contact as emails come through. Use a different SMS app and you can control more. I use Textra. It's great.
    jamesharmeling and ShannonLoa like this.
    06-12-17 01:49 PM
    not a fan of the colors either, seems like you have to go into each contact and change the color or get a third party text app. I am realizing more and more how good BlackBerry 10 was as a basic OS package, expecially for communication. hopefully Keyone will get better with updates.
    pizzawheel and ShannonLoa like this.
    06-12-17 02:07 PM
    That's google's text messaging application. Just use a different one. Textra SMS is the best
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-12-17 02:13 PM
    not a fan of the colors either, seems like you have to go into each contact and change the color or get a third party text app. I am realizing more and more how good BlackBerry 10 was as a basic OS package, expecially for communication. hopefully Keyone will get better with updates.
    Has nothing to do with BB10 vs android. Android provides choice. If you don't like the stock SMS app then use a different one.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-12-17 02:13 PM
    Has nothing to do with BB10 vs android. Android provides choice. If you don't like the stock SMS app then use a different one.
    It has everything to do with the stock Android app because that is how they made it. You should be able to change the appearance on the stock app instead of having to download a separate app just to change the appearance.
    FF22, JeBe4 and ShannonLoa like this.
    06-12-17 02:18 PM
    Welcome to Android.

Posted via CB10
    itsFirhan and krzyabn like this.
    06-12-17 02:26 PM
    In this instance the Textra app is better than BB10 messaging app was with way more options available. It's all how you look at it.

"It has everything to do with the stock Android app because that is how they made it. You should be able to change the appearance on the stock app instead of having to download a separate app just to change the appearance."
    06-12-17 02:38 PM
    Thanks, i'll give it a try.
    jamesharmeling and ShannonLoa like this.
    06-12-17 04:01 PM
    Textra rocks Ive had it on my Note 5 for months
    06-12-17 04:03 PM
    Textra rocks Ive had it on my Note 5 for months
    How does Textra integrate with the hub?
    06-12-17 05:08 PM
    How does Textra integrate with the hub?
    Not well, it will only open up halfway even when you change the option for full view. Apparently it works correctly on the Priv but not the Keyone. I use Yaata. Opens normally, there's a trick to get emoji's to work but doable and out of Yaata, Textra, and Pulse (the only 3 that have enter as send) Yaata has the smallest footprint.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    06-13-17 01:48 AM
    I don't know about text apps - I know Google, the carrier can read my stuff but a text app no no nope 3rd party
    06-13-17 02:24 AM
    omg, all of the colors are killin me too. Uggh. Just Yuck! It visually hurts my eyes. There's not even a way we can choose color themes to mute them or anything. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

I also hate the way that Vibrate is a default for every contact too. I have never had a need for the vibrate function and I dislike it. If there's a way to turn that off, I haven't yet found it (I've literally had my KEYone for 5 hours ).
    07-21-17 11:30 PM
    Disclaimer: This is my first rodeo with an Android OS.

It seems that every contact, sms conversation, to name a few, has a different color associated with it. Not a big fan of pink text message conversations, for example. How can one set a default color for contact letters and sms convos amongst other things.

Thanks. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.
    It's a trademark "google" thing!
    07-21-17 11:41 PM
    Man blackberry/RIM was a game changer on so many levels, it's a shame how android/ios won out. Does everyone with an adroid have to deal with all these mixed colour schemes by default?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 03:23 AM