I figured these might be separate for some of you, so I mentioned both in the title.

What services (if any) do you prefer for backing up your Camera Roll, sharing files online, or just keep things backed up just in case?

The big 3 people tend to look to are:
    DropBox
    One Drive
    Google Drive
    Another being iCloud if you have an iOS device.

There are LOTS more. And every top 10/20 list of services seems to make many of them sound great. But I would love to hear more first hand experiences.

Or maybe you feel storing things on the cloud is a bad idea for the security minded individual.
    10-03-19 08:53 AM
    For me, One Drive is my main service. Mostly because I have Office 365, giving me 1TB as part of the package.

I use DropBox for small files. However, ever since the Device Limit imposed earlier this year, I've been thinking about switching.

I have Google Drive as well, but don't actively use it.

iCloud on my 6s is just for app data backup.

I heard good things about pcloud, but have not tried it.

I made a Mega account a long time ago, but never actively used it.

Box I've started using instead of Dropbox because of the device limit. I got box when it was supported natively in BB10.

I have Amazon Prime, but never used their cloud backup service.
    10-03-19 09:03 AM
    Expandable memory via SD card
    10-03-19 11:27 AM
    mega.nz
    10-04-19 07:27 AM
    That is my preferred as well. But you lose your phone, you lose your card too. So all my photos go to the micro sd, as well as a cloud service.

mega.nz
    Mega is your preferred? I don't hear that much these days. Is it because of the 50GB free space?
    10-04-19 08:58 AM
    Mega is your preferred? I don't hear that much these days. Is it because of the 50GB free space?
    Back when os10 was new I was looking for something different then dropbox or box with os10 sync

Mega.co.nz had os10 (or android) working client and data encryption, I never looked back and never had any problems so far.
    skilas likes this.
    10-04-19 09:21 AM
    There's a lot to consider when it comes to file storage and it all comes down to your needs.

Personally, I've been using dropbox (paid version) as my main cloud storage service because of sync speed, ok security, versioning backups, collaboration tools and integration with other services. But I'm also using Box and Mega, both on their free versions.

Mega is the best free option when it comes to the amount of storage provided, and they have zero-knowledge encryption (which means that providers know nothing about the data you store on their servers, including your password), but they lack in sync speed, collaboration tools and there's that anoying limit to data transfer even on the paid versions.

There's no perfect cloud storage provider. Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive are better for day-to-day storing, collaboration and integration, but they lack in security features (for one, their servers are located in the US, which laws are not the best when it comes to ensure privacy; plus, no zero-knowledge encryption). On the other hand, Sync, pCloud and Mega are more security driven, but they lack in collaboration tools and integration.

I know all rankings are biases, but check out https://www.cloudwards.net/, aside from their ranking, they do a pretty good job on their reviews.
    skilas likes this.
    10-04-19 10:51 AM
    I use Mega for day to day... very fast, has app or web interface, both very gold, 50GB is free...

I back up all Mt phones to iDrive lifetime unlimited on sale was around $40... backs up via app in background, great...

for windows computers, I have Zoolz 2TB lifetime cheap on sale but have yet to upload it since I rarely use desktop anymore, android viewer for free...
    10-04-19 11:32 AM
    Yes, just put it up to 512GB but it all gets backed up to iDrive in case card dies...
    10-04-19 11:33 AM
    That is my preferred as well. But you lose your phone, you lose your card too. So all my photos go to the micro sd, as well as a cloud service.

That's true but I think it's worth the risk. I don't like a third party having access to my photos.

10-05-19 12:31 PM
    I have no preferences so long as it's a paid service that protects my privacy. For everyday cloud storage, GSuite from Google offers 1TB for $6 a month. Microsoft OneDrive with Office 365 is also very inexpensive.

For backup, Amazon Drive with unlimited photos comes with Prime, and I pay extra for a TB from them for other documents and some video.

For video in general, I rely on local storage with a physical backup kept at a relative's house

Composed and edited on the exceptional BlackBerry VKB on my trusty Z10. Any typographic errors, misspellings, or grammatical errors are likely due to my inattention and lack of interest in word-perfect communications on an Internet tech fan forum..
    10-05-19 12:59 PM
    Storing my CD collection in Google Music and Photos in Google Photo.
    10-05-19 04:42 PM
    Storing my CD collection in Google Music and Photos in Google Photo.
    Seeing the word CD reminds me of when I used to backup things to CDs and DVDs.... I think I still have several spindles of discs in a box in my basement. I wonder what the life span of those are...
    10-08-19 11:06 AM