Whatever it is, I'll check it out and probably buy it. Rectangular design with a keyboard at the bottom (soft like the Passport SE I hope) is what I expect. I don't like sliders and the rectangular shape is now the standard whether we like it or not. Not just for movies and pictures but for all types of adaptations for cars (Apple car play and android auto for example). We can't really get away from the duopoly and rectangular form factor and rather than fight a losing battle, might as well join them and hope BlackBerry get back to profitability.

And then who knows they might even continue to build more BB10 phones. Kinda like how Porsche does with their cash cows...they sell SUV's to make money so they can finance creating the 911 GT3's and other race-spec vehicles for true enthusiasts.

Maybe BB can do the same, sell the Android devices to make money and then use that money to finance specialized BB10 products (low volume of course) for true BlackBerry enthusiasts.
    Chen has no attachment to BB10, and is regarded in business circles as a turnaround-expert. Thus, his primary objective is to return the BB hardware division to profitability. He will not waste any more resources on BB10, certainly not as a non-profitable pet project.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-27-16 12:15 PM
    If we're making our wishlists for the Rome, here's mine.
    * dimensions not exceeding 66mm x 130mm
    * 4" screen with very slim bezels/borders
    * physical call/end keys. Trackpad would be nice if it's feasible. Or better yet - touch sensitive keyboard with key programmed to end call. Best of both worlds.

Key thing is to make the Rome easy to use ONE HANDED. People who love the 9900 form factor love it because it's one of the few phones that can be used one handed. That's where the PKB factors in. Make a slim, narrow, grippy device with a screen just large enough to run android, and specs that will run smoothly, and you've got a winning device that everyone has been asking for.

 C L A S S I C
    05-02-16 12:05 PM
    * physical call/end keys. Trackpad would be nice if it's feasible. Or better yet - touch sensitive keyboard with key programmed to end call. Best of both worlds.

Key thing is to make the Rome easy to use ONE HANDED. People who love the 9900 form factor love it because it's one of the few phones that can be used one handed. That's where the PKB factors in. Make a slim, narrow, grippy device with a screen just large enough to run android, and specs that will run smoothly, and you've got a winning device that everyone has been asking for.

 C L A S S I C
    This is pretty much my desire as well. As for the end key being programmed into the keyboard, I've been asking for this since the Q10. It's a good idea that needs to be implemented.

It'd be even better as a user-programmable side-key that can be used as an Call/End key.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 09:32 PM
    If it could look like a Bold 9900 and run like a Galaxy S7....
    05-02-16 11:09 PM
    If it could look like a Bold 9900 and run like a Galaxy S7....
    Over/under on it looking like a Galaxy S7 and running like a Bold 9900?
    05-02-16 11:33 PM
    Over/under on it looking like a Galaxy S7 and running like a Bold 9900?
    Over.
    05-03-16 12:52 AM
    This is pretty much my desire as well. As for the end key being programmed into the keyboard, I've been asking for this since the Q10. It's a good idea that needs to be implemented.

It'd be even better as a user-programmable side-key that can be used as an Call/End key.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Make a software setting that hitting "delete" while on a active phone call will end the call. Very trivial feature that would have saved me lots of headache on Q10. While I love the tool belt and wouldn't mind seeing on on the Rome, I'm worried it will be too big and would choose compact size > toolbelt.

 C L A S S I C
    05-03-16 11:42 AM

 C L A S S I C
    I actually would love the first idea. Not a fan of the touch sensitive keyboard since I touch my keyboard too much in between typing and I don't want it to affect anything. But that's just me. If it came like how you said it I probably might still buy it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-03-16 02:34 PM
    I'd like to see a Passport form factor with android!
    I loved my Passport but the Priv is just perfect 👌

If you liked this post, you can now find more like this by following me on Twitter @MeerAdrie
    bestee likes this.
    05-03-16 02:45 PM
    I actually would love the first idea. Not a fan of the touch sensitive keyboard since I touch my keyboard too much in between typing and I don't want it to affect anything. But that's just me. If it came like how you said it I probably might still buy it...

I actually never thought of that. Never used the passport/Priv but assumed the touch keyboard was pretty good.

On that same note, I'm not a huge fan of touch screens for that same reason. But a non-touch smartphone would probably only appeal to about 10 people in the world lol.

 C L A S S I C
    05-03-16 08:42 PM
    I actually never thought of that. Never used the passport/Priv but assumed the touch keyboard was pretty good.

On that same note, I'm not a huge fan of touch screens for that same reason. But a non-touch smartphone would probably only appeal to about 10 people in the world lol.

 C L A S S I C
    Well, I recognize that and also recognize that certain gimmicks (although this is actually a somewhat useful one) sells now-a-days. So I say have the toolbelt with the physical call send/end keys like you suggested and trackpad, also make the keyboard touch sensitive, but give the option to turn it off...

05-04-16 05:18 AM
    A phablet would be an interesting direction to take with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 12:59 PM
    I will take a Priv, for $699CAD not $899CAD.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 11:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    They should be wayyyy cheaper now. You can get brand new ones in the US for $400.
    07-25-16 09:14 AM
    Z30 style on MM for me please.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 09:35 AM

On Priv you can press the 'Power' key on the left of the device to hang up. (I disabled it though. Did it too many times by mistake)
    07-25-16 10:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    It was just C$599 2 weeks ago. $679 and $650 right now.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/ol/B0169...UvbUpU12518290
    07-25-16 02:47 PM
42 12