I am having trouble finding an answer to this on Google Search.

What is the USB port on k1 called.

Why have I seen USB cables with the k1 ports shape on both ends of cord and seen cords with the k1 port shape on one end and at other end is a large rectangle.

I had a Nexus 6P which came with both styles, I used one to connect to laptop, it had the rectangles/ oblong plugs, and the charger cord was oblong on both ends.
    11-22-17 08:00 AM
    The port on the KEYone is USB-C. It comes with a USB-C to USB-A cable. The USB-A is what plugs into a charging block or PC port.
    anon(2313227) and FF22 like this.
    11-22-17 08:29 AM
    I am having trouble finding an answer to this on Google Search.

What is the USB port on k1 called.

Why have I seen USB cables with the k1 ports shape on both ends of cord and seen cords with the k1 port shape on one end and at other end is a large rectangle.

I had a Nexus 6P which came with both styles, I used one to connect to laptop, it had the rectangles/ oblong plugs, and the charger cord was oblong on both ends.
    The USB port on the KEYone is called USB-C.

The USB ports found on most computers (certainty any computer that's a couple years old) is USB-A.

The ports that came with older phones were called Micro USB (also B I think).

Obviously every cord has two ends.
    Micro USB always uses a USB-A connector on the charger/computer side.
    With USB-C, you get a choice. You can have USB-C on only one side, and use USB-A on the other. This maintains compatibility with old charges and phones.
    You can also use USB-C on both side of the cord. In this scenario, either side of the cord can be plugged into the phone.
    11-22-17 08:31 AM
    The USB port on the KEYone is called USB-C.

The USB ports found on most computers (certainty any computer that's a couple years old) is USB-A.

The ports that came with older phones were called Micro USB (also B I think).

Obviously every cord has two ends.
    Micro USB always uses a USB-A connector on the charger/computer side.
    With USB-C, you get a choice. You can have USB-C on only one side, and use USB-A on the other. This maintains compatibility with old charges and phones.
    You can also use USB-C on both side of the cord. In this scenario, either side of the cord can be plugged into the phone.
    I read online, which isn't much to go on, LOL, that a charger cord with A/C ends, due to the A end, won't charge as fast as a cord with C on both ends?
    11-22-17 08:37 AM
    I read online, which isn't much to go on, LOL, that a charger cord with A/C ends, due to the A end, won't charge as fast as a cord with C on both ends?
    I think that's technically true. It probably depends on the phone and the charging block.
    It may only apply to devices that support USB Power Delivery (a fast charging method, I don't think the KEYone supports).
    Honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much for a phone. It's likely more of a concern with laptops as they need huge amounts of power, particularly if you want to charge AND use it at the same time.
    11-22-17 08:49 AM
    Nexus 6P came witha a usbc to usbc...
    At lease mine did.
    11-22-17 09:31 AM