My wife recently got a Galaxy 10 (so a phone that is over a year old). We recently had our Comcast services go down for half a day. She was getting a 4G signal while I was not, so she still had full phone capabilities. I always thought my K1 was good in this regard, but I guess I was wrong. How does it stack up to other phones?
    11-22-20 08:27 AM
    The KEYone actually had poor antennas/placement compared to other phones.

Plenty of people reported having signal issues with theirs.
    Flatman likes this.
    11-22-20 08:49 AM
    I've been using a Black Keyone, the 4/64GB version, for about 2 weeks now; so far, no signal issues at all.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-22-20 10:20 AM
    My wife recently got a Galaxy 10 (so a phone that is over a year old). We recently had our Comcast services go down for half a day. She was getting a 4G signal while I was not, so she still had full phone capabilities. I always thought my K1 was good in this regard, but I guess I was wrong. How does it stack up to other phones?
    What carrier are you on?
    11-22-20 10:39 AM
    What carrier are you on?
    Verizon.
    11-22-20 10:36 PM
    The KEYone actually had poor antennas/placement compared to other phones.

Plenty of people reported having signal issues with theirs.
    Yes, I remember the complaints. I had actually always had a good experience.
    11-23-20 06:58 AM
    It's not always antenna design - you have to remember that frequency band support is also very important. The Galaxy will certainly have all of Verizon's supported radio bands, as it was a major carrier device. The K1 almost certainly does not, so if you're in an area where cellular data is on a band that your phone doesn't support, the quality and placement of the phone's antenna is irrelevant.

And these things would apply to any phone, and would likely be a problem for many non-carrier-supplied devices.
    11-23-20 11:19 AM
    It's not always antenna design - you have to remember that frequency band support is also very important. The Galaxy will certainly have all of Verizon's supported radio bands, as it was a major carrier device. The K1 almost certainly does not, so if you're in an area where cellular data is on a band that your phone doesn't support, the quality and placement of the phone's antenna is irrelevant.

And these things would apply to any phone, and would likely be a problem for many non-carrier-supplied devices.
    I was wondering about this too. Although, my K1 was the official CDMA device marketed for Verizon (and Sprint).

Anyway, I have plenty of other issues that will likely cause me to get a new phone relatively soon.
    11-25-20 07:43 AM
    Verizon.
    I guess its related to your specific location, but in my experience Verizon has the best coverage in almost every city that I have traveled too over the last 5 years - which is many city. My gf has AT&T, I have verizon so we always compare when travel.
    11-28-20 03:27 PM
    I guess its related to your specific location, but in my experience Verizon has the best coverage in almost every city that I have traveled too over the last 5 years - which is many city. My gf has AT&T, I have verizon so we always compare when travel.
    Same here which is why we have Verizon.
    11-28-20 06:24 PM