I reverted to older version of hub, didn't like the new look
    03-10-19 10:22 PM
    I reverted to older version of hub, didn't like the new look
    How, do tell... I would like to revert back also. I think most of all I hate the big blue area at the top and the big date headings it inserts.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-10-19 10:29 PM
    I think most of all I hate the big blue area at the top and the big date headings it inserts.
    It's so loud! Also the artwork of the left side menu...not sure what was the thought process here and what type of crowd this change is targeting but I prefer a much cleaner spartan design.
    03-10-19 10:48 PM
    It's so loud! Also the artwork of the left side menu...not sure what was the thought process here and what type of crowd this change is targeting but I prefer a much cleaner spartan design.
    You're right, that looks like a kids cartoon??? What were they thinking???
    03-10-19 11:20 PM
    You're right, that looks like a kids cartoon??? What were they thinking???
    I am very curious to know.
    03-10-19 11:22 PM
    For those still getting phone calls in the HUB, which phone app are you using?

I'm using TruePhone and don't see any of my calls in the updated HUB.
    Getting phone calls and SMS in Hub, using default VZW phone and default VZW Messages+ SMS app.
    03-10-19 11:45 PM
    That's the secret, with the default phone app I do see call in the HUB. My problem with the default phone app is the picture of everyone in the favorites list, I don't need to see their picture. I went there to call them and I consider that a waste of screen real estate...

ps.. And it adds the frequent called to the list that seems to adjust itself, I have people I call frequently and I need their names at my finger tip and not moving around with numbers I've called for whatever reason. These things should be adjustable.
    03-11-19 12:12 AM
    you can see its google behind all this since those uniform space waste headers are googlish...

I pine for a portrait slider PKB device from any other maker
    03-11-19 10:40 AM
    photos in phone app are not decor, they are big easy to hit finger targets...
    03-12-19 03:14 AM
    photos in phone app are not decor, they are big easy to hit finger targets...
    But you can fit more names on the screen without the finger targets, hence a waste of screen-estate... We should have the option of turning those off but someone at Google must think they're such a good idea that everyone wants them???

However, I have found I can leave the native phone app as default so the calls appear in the HUB and still make outbound calls with truephone. And to be honest, there's no noticable difference in the way the phone works that I can see???
    03-16-19 12:37 AM
    Mine also, when I open a message from hub it opens in messaging app... can someone look at this please?
    I have the same issue on my K2. I use Yaata but I switched to Android Messenger for a few days to test, same issue. The issue is "fixed" per conversation once somebody texts me, then their feed in the hub links me directly to the conversation. Rebooting the phone resets this and then all conversations in the hub take me to the app rather than the conversation. Also, the issue happens again if someone is in a group chat. If they text the group chat, then tapping the individual conversation will once again revert to taking me to the app. Until they text me directly again, at which point tapping the individual conversation in the HUB takes me directly to the conversation again. Absolutely infuriating, this is the kind of screwed up unusable nonsense that I always associated with "all the other phones", leading me to keep buying BlackBerrys exclusively.

Combine this with the other problem mentioned in this thread, conversations are sorted by last received message for SMS in the HUB, except every other form of messaging is sorted by last correspondence in the HUB, and SMS is sorted by last correspondence in Yaata, leading to the above intermittent behavior requiring me to fish through two differently-ordered lists of conversations but only an unpredictable number of times when I open conversations. All caused by a software update which my phone fails to undo, six months after purchasing a phone, in the middle of the day. The kind of fundamental usability breakage I never expected to be forced onto my BlackBerry of all things.
    rolfep likes this.
    04-11-19 01:44 PM
    If your phone was delivered with the "new" hub, it may be hopeless... if not, then...

First... backup notes, uninstall ("disable" to have phone restore original) hub, hub services, notes, calendar, tasks one by one... Original will install itself each time... go to Google play and uncheck automatic updates for each of those apps... all will work again (Conite says may not be forever).

You will see to re-install your email accounts in Hub and it will get everything back... automatically imports contacts and calendar from Google, other users might need to import that...

one additional thought... playstore will likely want to update to the new hub & hub+services crippled ...you MUST shut off updates in playstore for hub+, hub+services, tasks, calendar, notes, contacts so you can still get text messages and phone calls in the hub...
    04-11-19 02:21 PM
    So Google figured out how to make BB no different from any other phone, the advantage to having a BB was that everything was in a single place (hub). Without that, we have just another android phone.

Thanks for the article but it doesn't say how to change the permissions. Is there a step by step on exactly which permissions need changing?
    That's why they now title the icon "inbox" ...it's BlackBerry surrender
    04-11-19 02:25 PM
    That's why they now title the icon "inbox" ...it's BlackBerry surrender
    Wasn’t that a song by Cheap Trick back in the day?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-19 04:40 PM
    I like the swipe to delete feature even though that's not new...ha ha!
    04-12-19 07:16 PM
    Wasn’t that a song by Cheap Trick back in the day?
    I forgot about that song. My teenage boys are starting complain about me ordering them around. Need to force them to listen to this.
    04-14-19 10:38 AM
    I forgot about that song. My teenage boys are starting complain about me ordering them around. Need to force them to listen to this.
    My daughter and Robin Zander’s daughter go to high school together. Couple of weeks ago, my daughter sees “Mr Zander” in school parking lot walking to a performance that his daughter is part of. My daughter has met him a few times without really knowing full significance. I had explained before this last encounter and she walked up babbling about the Dream Police inside her head... he found it funny and she explained that I’m a fan... she’s arranging a future meeting
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-15-19 12:34 AM
    Re: too colorful "dark" theme. Remove the main account and start again (I did and didn't lose anything) and then you can pick the account color. Pick something gray and then you can choose colors for texts and emails and phone calls (also gray if you like) and most of the colors will go away.
    Many of the color settings disappear from the menus after the first time you use those menus, so you have to get the colors right the first time.
    08-30-19 06:45 PM
    Re: too colorful "dark" theme. Remove the main account and start again (I did and didn't lose anything) and then you can pick the account color. Pick something gray and then you can choose colors for texts and emails and phone calls (also gray if you like) and most of the colors will go away.
    Many of the color settings disappear from the menus after the first time you use those menus, so you have to get the colors right the first time.
    Android 10 grayscale rocks!!
    08-30-19 07:53 PM
    no worries... I permanently downgraded to stock hub+ and services and associated apps... phone calls and messages all as they were...
    09-03-19 01:21 PM
    no worries... I permanently downgraded to stock hub+ and services and associated apps... phone calls and messages all as they were...
    How did you do it and did you lose any functions? Does it downgrade to the hub prior to the one which stopped showing sent sms or does it downgrade to the original one the phone came with?
    09-10-19 04:21 PM
    How did you do it and did you lose any functions? Does it downgrade to the hub prior to the one which stopped showing sent sms or does it downgrade to the original one the phone came with?
    Nope... backup notes, disable hub (inbox), hub+ & services+, notes, calendar, tasks... Original will install each time... go to Google play and uncheck automatic updates for each of those apps... all will work again

You may need to re-install your email accounts in Hub and it will get everything back... automatically imports contacts and calendar from Google, other users might need to import that...

& one additional thought... playstore will likely update to the new hub & hub+services crippled ...you will need to shut off updates individually in playstore (uncheck each app top right 3 dots) for hub+, hub+services, tasks, calendar, notes, contacts

so you will get text messages and phone calls in the hub...just as when KEYᵒⁿᵉ was new

May likely not work for other models or brands

You may lose some of the synchronization with other apps like LinkedIn or other stuff that emerged with Hub updates but I don't use those and I don't care. It definitely sinks Swiss Twitter and WhatsApp and the big gain for me is having back my functionality for messages and phone calls interlaced as they were before. It's a true Hub, not inbox.
    09-10-19 05:22 PM
72 123