So is this a bug or a feature?
    It's not a feature, rather it's the result of recent limitations imposed by Google restrictions.
    The problem with not seeing the sent texts is that the conversation gets stuck on the date of the last received message. So if I received a text yesterday and replied to it today, I have to look in yesterday's messages to find it. This is the part I dislike the most.
    That's correct and this is why so many people are disappointed by the recent changes; the two few integrations that kept the experience somewhat close to what many are used to from BB10 is being able to see Sent messages in the message list as well as initiate calls directly from Hub so essentially now SMS and Call Logs behave just like another integrated app.
    Is anyone at BlackBerry looking at it, or do they think there's nothing wrong with it?
    The million dollars question. IMO they will do nothing though they can; one of the things they can do is build their own SMS client and Dialer apps into Hub.
    03-09-19 10:26 AM
    Also, above states it's "intermittent" but what does that mean? Do I get messages shown in Hub or what? Can I no longer depend upon it? I looked back at prior days since hub iupgrade and found the text message threads show only the endpoint (most recent)... that's bad...
    I suggest you read on and ask any of the devs; they hang out here on CrackBerry:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/..._hub_services/
    03-09-19 10:30 AM
    THIS is an actually VERY significant development for sale of BlackBerry Mobil devices with this version of Hub as well as for those who add Hub+ to other devices. Many depend on Hub for a full minute-by-minute time-line for full integration. I would wonder from this point who would feel they might shop elsewhere to overcome this withdrawn feature. The HUB needs to be renamed the "HUB-sort'a"
    Tim-ANC, Jake2826 and FF22 like this.
    03-09-19 10:38 AM
    THIS is an actually VERY significant development for sale of BlackBerry Mobil devices with this version of Hub as well as for those who add Hub+ to other devices. Many depend on Hub for a full minute-by-minute time-line for full integration. I would wonder from this point who would feel they might shop elsewhere to overcome this withdrawn feature. The HUB needs to be renamed the "HUB-sort'a"
    Well, let's have a look at it:

For me BlackBerry is two things mainly:

1) Hub
    2) PKB

The Hub was pretty much reduced to a fancy half broken email client and the PKB isn't working as advertised.

If PKB tactility is what makes it for the very few users that left then BlackBerry is their answer.

For me, if there will be no sign for K3 in the next 12 months and the PKB will remain sensitive then sadly I most likely will jump ship as there would be nothing that BlackBerry offer over other options.
    Tim-ANC and meztek like this.
    03-09-19 10:43 AM
    No issue for me on any of my BlackBerry Android devices. Seems consistent.
    I believe the question is whether text messages will appear in each prior day listing in place amongst all other items from all accounts... apparently not anymore
    03-09-19 10:50 AM
    I believe the question is whether text messages will appear in each prior day listing in place amongst all other items from all accounts... apparently not anymore
    Yes, the SMS thread will appear on the date of the last received message.
    03-09-19 11:07 AM
    Yes, the SMS thread will appear on the date of the last received message.
    THAT is going to affect many who counted on Hub to place their activity and their whereabouts previously. It's not good news.
    meztek likes this.
    03-09-19 11:10 AM
    So the final question is whether the display of text message conversations can be "un-threaded" in Hub display ??
    03-09-19 11:12 AM
    I read the reddit post... it would appear it is due to BlackBerry Hub depending upon google functionality instead of code being integrated in Hub for SMS and for calls working independently of google permission scheme... a real shame
    03-09-19 11:21 AM
    Definitely something screwy with Textra on my K1. Doesn't take me to the message thread after clicking the second time. Hub only shows text for the last 4 days, which might have been when I updated the Hub with the Inbox app.
    03-09-19 11:23 AM
    For those still getting phone calls in the HUB, which phone app are you using?

I'm using TruePhone and don't see any of my calls in the updated HUB.
    03-10-19 09:12 AM

Default phone app.
    03-10-19 09:14 AM

Default phone app.
    I'm on a Galaxy S9 with its default phone app, and while I never included calls in the Hub previously, now I see no way to add them if I wanted them. Calls aren't even available to add. Besides my emails, I only have LinkedIn and texts, which were already part of my list anyway.
    03-10-19 11:18 AM

I'm showing outgoing calls, received (answered) calls and missed calls in Hub. Motion using stock phone app. FWIW
    03-10-19 11:23 AM
    the ability to change the order of the hub accounts appears to be gone... anyone?

Did google screw with that? I don't think so... it's a BlackBerry flub it would seem...
    03-10-19 11:44 AM
    I'm using stock phone app as well
    03-10-19 11:45 AM
    the ability to change the order of the hub accounts appears to be gone... anyone?

Did google screw with that? I don't think so... it's a BlackBerry flub it would seem...
    It's still there.

Settings, manage accounts.
    03-10-19 11:45 AM
    It's not a feature...(snip)...
    My sister had a brand new Mercedes at one time and would find things that would not function as stated in the printed user guide provided. When she would take it in and inquire, the dealer would invariably state "it's a feature" which is German (and apparently Canadian) code-speak for "we don't have the foggiest idea" ...just sayin'
    03-10-19 11:50 AM
    ...(snip)... they will do nothing though they can; one of the things they can do is build their own SMS client and Dialer apps into Hub.
    They sure can, already have (it's called bb10 Hub), sadly won't...
    03-10-19 11:52 AM
    Does anyone know the reason for Google's change in policy? Business school 101: a change must lead to an improvement - if it doesn't, why make the change? So what exactly has improved as a result of this new policy? Is there an improvement for Google? There sure isn't any for the users.
    03-10-19 01:21 PM
    Does anyone know the reason for Google's change in policy? Business school 101: a change must lead to an improvement - if it doesn't, why make the change? So what exactly has improved as a result of this new policy? Is there an improvement for Google? There sure isn't any for the users.
    I'm sure Google might think it's a security thing. Probably more for optics than anything real.

"See, now apps can't see your texts or phone calls... look at how we are looking out for your privacy... blah, blah, blah".
    03-10-19 03:04 PM
    I'm sure Google might think it's a security thing. Probably more for optics than anything real.

"See, now apps can't see your texts or phone calls... look at how we are looking out for your privacy... blah, blah, blah".
    Isn’t that what so many here clamor for? Be careful what one wishes for...
    LOL this would be the law of unintended consequences
    03-10-19 03:35 PM
    https://android-developers.googleblo...ience.html?m=1
    03-10-19 03:36 PM
    I was right.
    03-10-19 04:50 PM
    So BB would have to make the HUB a default text/phone app with voicemail included...

As part of today's Google Play Developer Policy update, we're announcing changes related to SMS and Call Log permissions. Some Android apps ask for permission to access a user's phone (including call logs) and SMS data. Going forward, Google Play will limit which apps are allowed to ask for these permissions. Only an app that has been selected as a user's default app for making calls or text messages will be able to access call logs and SMS, respectively.
    03-10-19 07:03 PM
72 123