I'm very exited to purchase this phone. Thank you TCL for continuing to provide qwerty phones to us loyalists.
    Of course, I also rather would have seen an all black phone, but I think it's actually a cool looking phone nonetheless.
    I'm actually glad that they merely introduced this pre-production phone to us and that they will have at least another month or 2 for some "nip/tuck" or tweaks or whatever you want to call it. For all we know, people @ TCL are reading these forums to see what they can still improve after they showed us the pre-production model and want to gauge Crackberrians thoughts re: the matter. Of course, we don't know what will be inside (everyone hopes for a powerful battery among other things), but after seeing the mini vids of CES on you tube about the "Mercury", this is what I hope will (still??) be included in the end product:

1. SD Card slot (In all the Youtube videos I only see a single slot on the right side above the volume rocker; presumably for the SIM card) ???? I forked out a lot of money for my 200 GB SD Cards, it would be a waste to not being able to use them when recording 1080p/4k??? [EDIT: It probably has a dual card tray: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...torage-1096454 but in that case, support for USB Mass Storage is paramount for those who have to take out the SD Card constantly after the removal of USB MASS Storage support since the release of Marshmallow].
    2. Mute/pause (middle) Button (there is now only a single volume rocker)???? Where did it go???? This is part of BBs/RIM's DNA.
    3. Not a fan of the headphone jack on the top of a phone. I prefer to have it on the sides or at the bottom. It's annoying to have it at the top with the wires going all over the place when watching longer Youtube vids for instance.
    4. Re-arrange the buttons on the right. With the Priv you constantly press the buttons when making phone calls. It doesn't seem that the buttons are placed less unfortunate on the Mercury. Yes, many people still use phones to make calls.....
    5. I'm psyched that the convenience key seems to be back, but why not place it a bit lower like the 9900 = right next to the keyboard?
    6. RBG Led indicator (not only red). This is part of BBs/RIM's DNA.
    7. The best possible back camera (less MP but higher sensitivity: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12724052) and the best possible selfie cam, preferably with optical image stabilization & a flash & torch possibility like the back cam has. 7 Best Selfie Smartphones with Good Front Camera (2016) - Candytech We can't deny that a great selfie cam is what can set a phone apart nowadays.....
    8. I prefer the back camera in the middle. If it sticks out like it does now, with the cam ring in the middle (like the Privs) it would then at least lay more stable on the table. But more importantly, you don't get these stupid "mirroring images" (or however you call it) that mirrors the photos that you take when the cam is placed on the left or right side. When I still used the Iphone due to the placement of the Cam and that subsequent mirroring, many photos were directly moved to the trash because it always captured my "bad side" (where the receding hair line is worse) LOL. That's why I loved that they put the back cam in the middle with the Priv.
    9. Hopefully it's hardened gorilla glass that protects the front and back camera. Not that weird and easily scratched plastic that the Priv has.
    10. Perfect GPS units. Many peoples Privs have GPS issues and keeps trying to find signal/sattelites. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssues-1052626/
    11. USB Mass storage tweak for Nougat. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1048057/
    12. Bring back the clickiness of the Keyboard. Not that mushy Priv keyboard.
    13. I hope the Fingerprint scanner doesn't stick out too much. You should be able to glide over the keyboard to hit the space bar.
    14. I don't know what happens to the front and back cam. Will it be TCL-Made or the same (Schneider-Kreuznach) that we know from the Priv/DTEK50/60, but I hope the "breating artifects" of the cam will belong to the past:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...video-1087643/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-1092327
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12724052
    ____

Removeable battery, Dual SIM, and Toolbelt (with trackpad) will probably not happen but hey, who knows, lol.

P.S. I wonder what happens with the Android buttons (triangle, circle, square) when watching a movie in portrait/landscape mode??? I hope they hide automatically. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...yboard-1096680
    Last edited by WT44; 01-11-17 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Added # 12-14
    okanagan and Avenzuno like this.
    01-06-17 10:36 AM
    decent processor/OS performance good battery life and I'll be happy!
    01-06-17 10:43 AM
    Some are pretty good ideas.

I will say that many phones today, have a single slot for the SIM/SD Card to fit into... so until they say other wise I kinda assume it will be the same for the Mercury.

But moving Jacks, Camera, Buttons.... that would take a LOT of reengineering and design work. Not saying some of your reasons are not valid... just at this point, it is what it is. Unless they are planning not to release it any time soon.
    01-06-17 10:49 AM
    ...I will say that many phones today, have a single slot for the SIM/SD Card to fit into... so until they say other wise I kinda assume it will be the same for the Mercury...
    I thought this had been stated in one of the hands on reviews. Both the DTEKs have a single combined SIM and Micro SD Card tray.
    01-06-17 10:56 AM
    My opinion is that the silver color and design with edge corners are not so nice. really like to see one uniform black/gray colour and same design above like the BlackBerry Passport from Verizon or was it AT&T

What suggestions for improvement do you have for TCL re: the "Mercury"?-passport-att-ces.jpg
    BB-JAM215 and falbo like this.
    01-06-17 11:40 AM
    My opinion is that the silver color and design with edge corners are not so nice. really like to see one uniform black/gray colour and same design above like the BlackBerry Passport from Verizon or was it AT&T

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passport-att-ces.jpg 
Views:	834 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	415432
    It was AT&T
    01-06-17 12:37 PM
    I doubt any of the things you mentioned are going to change. Moving the camera, moving the headphone jack, etc. Would require redoing the whole design. The only things that might change are the paint color and the finish on the keyboard.
    01-06-17 12:53 PM
    The only thing I hope is that the spacebar wont be sticking out that much because of the fingerprint scanner...
    Last edited by Niels B; 01-06-17 at 01:47 PM.
    WT44 likes this.
    01-06-17 01:06 PM
    Since the 9900... the LED indicator has been 'WEAK'... it doesn't even grab one's attention anymore.

I always remember the Bold 9000, the LED was top notch... bright and visible. It could light up my entire room at night when all the lights are off. The newer Blackberry's.. even the Priv... it's so weak i don't even notice it's there.

So for the Mercury, please, use better and larger LED's.. or better yet, use 2 LED's which no other phone has.
    Plazmic Flame and Karan Riar like this.
    01-06-17 01:17 PM
    The only thing I hope is that the spacebar wont be sticking out that much because of the fingerprint scanner...
    Agree, looks like it sticks up quite a bit, no reason it needs to be.

Also prefer a round top as bottom
    01-06-17 02:20 PM
    Since the 9900... the LED indicator has been 'WEAK'... it doesn't even grab one's attention anymore.
    The Z10's was ridiculously bright. Just sayin'.
    01-06-17 02:32 PM

I always remember the Bold 9000, the LED was top notch... bright and visible. It could light up my entire room at night when all the lights are off. The newer Blackberry's.. even the Priv... it's so weak i don't even notice it's there.

So for the Mercury, please, use better and larger LED's.. or better yet, use 2 LED's which no other phone has.
    I don't get why people on here care so much about the LED notification light.
    01-06-17 06:25 PM
    It has been stated to have sd card support several times. Supposed to be on the same tray as the sim.

I agree that the play/pause button is important, and also to move the camera to the middle rather than on the side. We don't know yet if it'll have a RGB LED or not, but hopefully it does.

My one thing I would add is wireless charging...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Avenzuno and TgeekB like this.
    01-06-17 07:28 PM
    I hate the glossy keyboard. Makes it look cheap! Hope they change it back
    01-06-17 08:10 PM
    I don't get why people on here care so much about the LED notification light.
    Oh man. Colored LED is a great subtlety feature. I love when my phone is on silent and without it saying anything to me, it gently flashes. Depending on the color of it, I know whether or not I want to get it or let it go.
    01-06-17 08:14 PM
    4GB of ram, nothing else. The phone can stay like that.. oh battery can be a. 4500mha if you will

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe and JD_CB like this.
    01-06-17 08:56 PM
    My one thing I would add is wireless charging...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Exactly. Why would they go from last phones wireless to wired? This day and age we need and want wireless
    01-06-17 09:10 PM
    So does the phone not have any sort of LED notification at all????

It kind of seems odd to not include it considering how good of a feature it is? I understand if it was a reference design, but this phone was BlackBerry designed.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 09:24 PM
    Exactly. Why would they go from last phones wireless to wired? This day and age we need and want wireless
    Wireless charging is quite slow compared to quick charge 2.0/3.0 about 3-4 hours slower.
    01-06-17 10:04 PM
    I use wireless charging at home, but I rely on QuickCharge at work. Qi is no way fast enough to top up my phone by the time I get off.
    01-06-17 10:28 PM
    It's gonna need a pencil sharpener built in as well.

Posted via Commodore 64
    bruce73 and TgeekB like this.
    01-06-17 10:42 PM
    The edges could stay gray, but the top needs to be black..

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-06-17 10:58 PM
    I use wireless charging at home, but I rely on QuickCharge at work. Qi is no way fast enough to top up my phone by the time I get off.
    I used to think Wireless charging was kinda cool. But with QC3, it just doesn't make sense to me. I can charge my phone 50% in about 25 minutes. Wireless is painfully slow, and very frustrating as a result.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-06-17 11:03 PM
    GOT TO HAVE IN BLACKBERRY BLACK!!!!!! NOT OLD LOOKING GREY TOP!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 11:17 PM
    Until wireless charging somehow works like blue tooth or something, it is a absolutely useless. It's slow and for people who use their phone while it's charging, constantly picking it up (cutting off the charge) and putting back on the charge mat is ridiculous.
    ominaxe likes this.
    01-06-17 11:19 PM
136 123 ...