What app do you guys use for your default SMS/MMS? I currently use Textra but I hate how the videos are grainy when someone sends a video and how you really can't send videos.

Has the built in messages app for Android got better?
    06-24-19 04:02 PM
    What app do you guys use for your default SMS/MMS? I currently use Textra but I hate how the videos are grainy when someone sends a video and how you really can't send videos.

Has the built in messages app for Android got better?
    I use Yaata
    06-24-19 04:18 PM
    Does video come clear with that app?
    I use Yaata
    06-24-19 05:08 PM
    Does video come clear with that app?
    Just try it and see for yourself. We may have different definitions for "clear".
    06-24-19 05:09 PM
    Why would anyone want to send video via MMS?

In the UK, the only people using MMS are people who have selected it by accident - is it different somehow in the USA?
    06-24-19 05:27 PM
    Why would anyone want to send video via MMS?

In the UK, the only people using MMS are people who have selected it by accident - is it different somehow in the USA?
    Because we use SMS as default so using MMS costs us the same data as WhatsApp so there's no advantage. We have unlimited texting so there's no message cap.
    06-24-19 06:55 PM
    I also use textra, but it's not ideal. I just recently tried the native messages app again and it failed me a third time. I just wasn't receiving text messages, but as soon as I switched back to textra, all of my texts showed up. it's disappointing, because that's one of the reasons I love BlackBerry, because of the messaging capabilities! since the move to android, messaging sucks now. the hub is nowhere near what it was in BB10 and the native messages app sucks too. I can't believe I'm saying this, but considering moving to an iPhone. I never thought I would say it, since I'm a die-hard BlackBerry guy, but I need to get my messages!
    06-24-19 09:05 PM
    I also use textra, but it's not ideal. I just recently tried the native messages app again and it failed me a third time. I just wasn't receiving text messages, but as soon as I switched back to textra, all of my texts showed up. it's disappointing, because that's one of the reasons I love BlackBerry, because of the messaging capabilities! since the move to android, messaging sucks now. the hub is nowhere near what it was in BB10 and the native messages app sucks too. I can't believe I'm saying this, but considering moving to an iPhone. I never thought I would say it, since I'm a die-hard BlackBerry guy, but I need to get my messages!
    I'm not sure why you're having trouble with texting. I use two different KEYone and single XR on AT&T but I've never had any of these problems. What does your carrier support tell you?
    06-24-19 09:21 PM
    I guess I never thought to try my service provider, I just assumed it was an issue with my phone since I get the texts with textra. I'll message them and see what they say.
    06-24-19 09:26 PM
    I guess I never thought to try my service provider, I just assumed it was an issue with my phone since I get the texts with textra. I'll message them and see what they say.
    When you tell them that you use a BlackBerry, they'll tell you it's the phone.
    06-24-19 09:29 PM
    When you tell them that you use a BlackBerry, they'll tell you it's the phone.
    You tell them you use Android.
    06-24-19 09:31 PM
    VZW's Message+ , tried others, prefer this, no issues on the K1 nor on my prior Priv
    06-25-19 10:31 AM
    I also use Verizon Messages +. Seems to work well but I mainly prefer it because it also has desktop integration. Not as good as Blend was but it's something.
    06-25-19 12:12 PM
    Yalta works very well. Love being able to use the enter key!
    06-25-19 12:22 PM
    I use signal. Good dark mode and simple to use.
    06-25-19 12:33 PM