Passport 2. Keep the physical dimensions and looks the same and android. Well you did ask! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-14-18 02:53 AM
    Id love to see a truly premium device building on the style of the keyone
    pooyam likes this.
    01-14-18 06:46 AM
    both with pkb - WOW, can this be true!!!
    the war goes on...

hope to see a thiner KEYᵒⁿᵉ a bit wider and the having a keyboard with the normal surface, like Q10 ...but bigger
    01-14-18 06:53 AM
    2. Something smaller, possibly a Classic-like option
    01-14-18 07:53 AM
    Passport size/like - NOT a slider
    01-14-18 08:13 AM
    Priv 2, I'll settle for landscape or portrait, is my want.
    Any screen size K1 or smaller is not going gain them any market share.
    An Android Passport might fly, if they could get enough of them out there for people to overcome the odd form factor.
    Trisk333 likes this.
    01-14-18 08:26 AM
    I think one of the devices will be an upgraded KEYone-type device and the other will be a larger variant.... Apple iPhone style.
    I'm sure someone has already said this to your comment but if you read above both are said to be PKB devices.

I think one will be an upgraded, maybe even bigger KEYᵒⁿᵉ and I'm hoping the 2nd device is an updated/upgraded slider like the PRIV. My perfect PRIV would be updated specs, and bigger so that the PKB was a bit more usable. I owned the PRIV since release on Verizon and I can't imagine going back to the crammed keyboard after having the KEYᵒⁿᵉ for so long. In my opinion a landscape slider is not going to happen, BlackBerry should know their users well enough to know this is not something we want.

If we were to have a K2 and updated PRIV to choose from this year I would be more than happy and it would be a tough decision for me.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-14-18 08:44 AM
    I don't think we will ever see another slider again. The PRIV was a huge miscalculation and cost BlackBerry dearly. They need to stick to PKB of VKB, and nothing in between.
    I disagree, I think an updated PRIV would do well. If both devices are said to be PKB what do you see them releasing. Obviously a KEYtwo and what other PKB device. Passport is out because 1x1 screens ratio so what is it?
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-14-18 08:48 AM
    I disagree, I think an updated PRIV would do well. If both devices are said to be PKB what do you see them releasing. Obviously a KEYtwo and what other PKB device. Passport is out because 1x1 screens ratio so what is it?
    Two KEYtwos with different specs?
    Wezard likes this.
    01-14-18 08:54 AM
    It's quite simple actually. Both devices will be PKB devices. One will be an upgraded KEYone with better specs. The other will be a larger phone, similar to a Passport but with 3:2 screen. This is what Apple does, release a small and large version of the same phone.
    01-14-18 08:59 AM
    Two KEYtwos with different specs?
    Hmmm, I don't see them dropping two "new" PKB devices (based on KEYtwo) with different specs. They could easily bring out a KEYtwo with different colors and specs that vary similar to the way they did with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I see them dropping a KEYtwo with different colors but same specs, maybe a dual Sim model and then a second PKB device that isn't like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ style at all. Just my opinion.
    01-14-18 09:01 AM
    It's quite simple actually. Both devices will be PKB devices. One will be an upgraded KEYone with better specs. The other will be a larger phone, similar to a Passport but with 3:2 screen. This is what Apple does, release a small and large version of the same phone.
    Samsung (android) as well.
    01-14-18 09:01 AM
    As I stated elsewhere:
    I'd love to see a Priv v2 (possible) and/or a Passport v2 (unlikely). However, I feel it'd be a Motion with a Passport keyboard. <An-a, that's not a KeyOne.
    So imo, one would be the KeyTWO with upgraded specs as we had been discussing for quite sometime. The second one would be a huge slab with a PKB, aka Motion-REV.
    01-14-18 09:11 AM
    As I stated elsewhere:

So imo, one would be the KeyTWO with upgraded specs as we had been discussing for quite sometime. The second one would be a huge slab with a PKB, aka Motion-REV.
    So the quote at the beginning of the article about both devices being PKB is just being disregarded?
    01-14-18 09:17 AM
    So the quote at the beginning of the article about both devices being PKB is just being disregarded?
    Cannot be, as it has been stated by BBMo themselves. Both new BlackBerries WILL BE physical keyboard devices. We are just speculating what they'd be. I feel one will be the KeyTWO and the other will be a big slab with PKB.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    01-14-18 09:21 AM
    The problem with the PRIV form factor is its too top heavy. A three row PKB device, phablet sized and larger than the KeyONE, would definitely provide a viable upgrade from the Passport. But I doubt it's in the cards. How large is the target demographic and how likely is it they will switch to an Android product? Focusing on building on the success of the BlackBerry-designed KeyONE makes far more sense. And let's face it, dreaming aside...does BBMo even have the R&D budget for an all new PKB device?
    Qorax likes this.
    01-14-18 09:25 AM
    Cannot be, as it has been stated by BBMo themselves. Both new BlackBerries WILL BE physical keyboard devices. We are just speculating what they'd be. I feel one will be the KeyTWO and the other will be a big slab with PKB.
    Roger, so if you had to guess about the style of the (2) PKB devices that will most likely be released what would you guess? Seeing as it is likely there will not be another slab released. I guess I should ask what is your guess for the 2nd PKB device seeing as you already guessed a KEYtwo.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-14-18 09:26 AM
    I think we can all agree that the first device is gonna be a direct upgrade from the KEYone.

The second one would likely either be slider, wider like passport but also taller for 3:2, or compact (if even possible, not likely though)
    Qorax likes this.
    01-14-18 09:31 AM
    Roger, so if you had to guess about the style of the (2) PKB devices that will most likely be released what would you guess? Seeing as it is likely there will not be another slab released. I guess I should ask what is your guess for the 2nd PKB device seeing as you already guessed a KEYtwo.
    #1 : KeyTWO. Like >this<
    #2 : Motion-REV. Which is - the Motion elongated by an additional keyboard below*.

*However, I'd love to see it as a Motion with a 'slider' PKB. Aka Priv v2.
    01-14-18 09:36 AM
    #1 : KeyTWO. Like >this<
    #2 : Motion-REV. Which is - the Motion elongated by an additional keyboard below*.

*However, I'd love to see it as a Motion with a 'slider' PKB. Aka Priv v2.
    Gotcha, I didn't understand your Motion-REV, I would love to see the motion done like you stated. Cheers!
    Qorax likes this.
    01-14-18 09:39 AM
    Screen size: 1.77"x1.33". Choice.

Attachment 433278
    LOL. That's too small for me. I want 2.67x1.5!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-14-18 11:17 AM
    Here is the official quote from Gareth Hurn: "BlackBerry will launch two new smartphones this year that are not based on the existing KeyOne or Motion, and both will have physical keyboards."

So, if there will two new PKB smartphones "not based" on the KEYone, that seems to allow for a few possibilities:

1. Something larger, possibly a Passport-like option
    2. Something smaller, possibly a Classic-like option
    3. Something slidey, like the Priv
    4. Something else?

Two questions: First, which would you prefer and what do you think is missing from this list of possibles? Second, besides your own preferences, which option do you think would expand market share for Blackberry Mobile?
    Ideally a Passport v2 with a back-lit pkb. I however understand that an android-powered passport-like device is not possible.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 01:37 PM
    Ideally a Passport v2 with a back-lit pkb. I however understand that an android-powered passport-like device is not possible.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing Is impossible. I'm sure that was also said about heart transplants or going to the moon ;-) in the past )

Posted via C
    Qorax likes this.
    01-14-18 01:43 PM
    Nothing Is impossible. I'm sure that was also said about heart transplants or going to the moon ;-) in the past )

Posted via C
    Very true. Absolutely possible. There just has to be a will (to do it).

Ps.: We never went to the moon btw
    falbo likes this.
    01-14-18 03:20 PM
    Palm Pre 4
    01-14-18 03:21 PM
141 1234 ...