I just got myself a keyboard adapter from Samsung for the Note 8. I must say, I'm pleasantly blown away. This is almost as good as any Blackberry keyboard.

Currently I can compare this with my Keyone.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Dude...where the hell have you been able to find one of those?? I've been looking everywhere and the only one I can find is the Korean version lol
    01-24-18 12:38 AM
    Dude...where the hell have you been able to find one of those?? I've been looking everywhere and the only one I can find is the Korean version lol
    Lol, I ended up getting the Korean version but it works just fine. It has both English and Korean letters embedded on the keys (although the Korean ones are the primary ones).

I touch type, so it doesn't really matter. My wife was like, how the hell was I typing and it's then when I noticed the letters. Haha

I'm still getting used to the placement of the shift buttons and home and navigation keys at the bottom.

As for quality, you can't tell it's a stick or an attachment. It's solidly built.
    01-24-18 01:29 AM
    Lol, I ended up getting the Korean version but it works just fine. It has both English and Korean letters embedded on the keys (although the Korean ones are the primary ones).

I touch type, so it doesn't really matter. My wife was like, how the hell was I typing and it's then when I noticed the letters. Haha

I'm still getting used to the placement of the shift buttons and home and navigation keys at the bottom.

As for quality, you can't tell it's a stick or an attachment. It's solidly built.
    I never realized that!!

I guess that makes the case serviceable for westerners
    01-24-18 06:52 AM
    I never realized that!!

I guess that makes the case serviceable for westerners
    Well I was just getting tired of some Keyone issues, like lag and poor multitasking when I have my work account logged in, so bit the bullet and bought it. So far I'm happy with it.

Still the Keyone battery takes the cake. If you rely on shortcuts, they are not there either.
    01-24-18 07:00 AM
    Well I was just getting tired of some Keyone issues, like lag and poor multitasking when I have my work account logged in, so bit the bullet and bought it. So far I'm happy with it.

Still the Keyone battery takes the cake. If you rely on shortcuts, they are not there either.
    But your Note 8 should be getting a bit better battery life since the pixels under the keyboard are off. I wonder which phone has more screen estate, K1 or Note 8 + PKB case
    01-24-18 07:24 AM
    But your Note 8 should be getting a bit better battery life since the pixels under the keyboard are off. I wonder which phone has more screen estate, K1 or Note 8 + PKB case
    I will have to check which one. At the moment, I have zillions of stuff on my Note 8 as compared to Keyone. Also Keyone processor is optimised for battery life while Note 8 is always on steroids.

I will give it a few days to see. So far it's not too big of a difference.
    01-24-18 07:28 AM
    I can't seem to don't it any other way. I love the swipe down feature, it's like a reflex. I found that when there are less keys it allows for larger keys and more comfortable typing. I do prefer being able to bring up the on screen keyboard when needed and I can reach them easily.

I must confess though that the Passport was the first physical keyboard I've used and I fear now that it will be the last cause I can't stand the cramped KEYᵒⁿᵉ style.
    That just my opinion though, some may not agree with me and that is why they should have more than one option. If they stay with only one option then they are narrow minded IMO....
    I reckon the Keyone keyboard is the same size as the Passport's or with very little difference. Having to type on the screen loses the advantage of the PKB, and loses you screen real estate.
    01-25-18 01:56 PM
    I reckon the Keyone keyboard is the same size as the Passport's or with very little difference. Having to type on the screen loses the advantage of the PKB, and loses you screen real estate.
    I reckon very much differently.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 04:40 AM
    I reckon very much differently.

Posted via CB10
    All I can say is that I have pretty big thumbs and Im very accurate. Really, they've done a great job with the Keyone.
    01-26-18 05:52 AM
    All I can say is that I have pretty big thumbs and Im very accurate. Really, they've done a great job with the Keyone.
    That is one opinion. There are many even some popular Podcasters and reviews that have praised the device yet do not love the tightness of the keyboard.
    All I'm saying is that BlackBerry has made a variety of keyboards style phones and it would be a shame to only stick to one design and not explore new options to see what could be a better experience with the correct implementation.
    phuoc and Qorax like this.
    01-26-18 12:41 PM
    That is one opinion. There are many even some popular Podcasters and reviews that have praised the device yet do not love the tightness of the keyboard.
    All I'm saying is that BlackBerry has made a variety of keyboards style phones and it would be a shame to only stick to one design and not explore new options to see what could be a better experience with the correct implementation.
    The Passport styled keyboard is one helluva keyboard interface, which should be the only one implemented hereon*, jmo.

*for slab type devices, which is the norm today
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-26-18 01:26 PM
    Wider K1. The K1 PKB is a bit cramped.
    phuoc and The_Passporter like this.
    01-26-18 05:47 PM
    Priv 2, I'll settle for landscape or portrait, is my want.
    Any screen size K1 or smaller is not going gain them any market share.
    An Android Passport might fly, if they could get enough of them out there for people to overcome the odd form factor.
    I read somewhere in the CB Forums that Google will not support/allow the 1:1 ratio on the Passport.
    01-26-18 10:26 PM
    Anyone else looked at this https://www.clove.co.uk/gemini-pda as another player coming to the PKB market? I like the idea of it especially the Linux dual boot option. However I've just got a Black edition KeyOne so will hang on till its out in the real world. A colleague at work put in for one and has promised me a play when it arrives
    Qorax likes this.
    01-29-18 09:35 AM
    Anyone else looked at this https://www.clove.co.uk/gemini-pda as another player coming to the PKB market? I like the idea of it especially the Linux dual boot option. However I've just got a Black edition KeyOne so will hang on till its out in the real world. A colleague at work put in for one and has promised me a play when it arrives
    I like the basic concept but having to have the lid open makes one handed operation hard. Like making a call while driving.
    01-30-18 03:41 PM
    i'm always connected to parrot hands free so don't need to touch the phone to call so its not an issue for me.
    01-31-18 03:34 AM
141 ... 456