Here is the official quote from Gareth Hurn: "BlackBerry will launch two new smartphones this year that are not based on the existing KeyOne or Motion, and both will have physical keyboards."

So, if there will two new PKB smartphones "not based" on the KEYone, that seems to allow for a few possibilities:

1. Something larger, possibly a Passport-like option
    2. Something smaller, possibly a Classic-like option
    3. Something slidey, like the Priv
    4. Something else?

Two questions: First, which would you prefer and what do you think is missing from this list of possibles? Second, besides your own preferences, which option do you think would expand market share for Blackberry Mobile?
    01-13-18 05:39 PM
    would prefer a full qwerty pkb like nokia 9 series 9309/9500.

if not, a slider like Priv with better pkb.

1:1 ratio is a no no in Android universe so a slider is ine of the candidates imho

regards
    01-13-18 05:53 PM
    If I'm honest, i'd like one of the following:

Something MUCH BIGGER, like a 7" 2-in1 tablet with a kickstand and detachable keyboard.

Something as small as possible, with a 9900 sized keyboard and a very small screen.

A Priv-like slider, very premium and robust

My one requirement for all of them is exceptional battery life.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-13-18 05:57 PM
    Passport MKII, passports revenge. And I love my Keyone, but I also love my Passport. Combine the two would also work. And use the snapdragon 660 for good power and battery life.
    Qorax and Rallyfia like this.
    01-13-18 06:13 PM
    I miss both my Passport (legibility!) and my Q10 (portability!), so I guess that comes down to a KeyOne, right? Best of both worlds! I would be tempted to get me a Passport Mk2 though...although I'd rather like it a bit taller and a bit less wide than the original. Not much, but a bit.
    01-13-18 06:37 PM
    "....not based on the KEYone..." makes no sense. It just needs to be refined (660 chip, 6GB ram, etc. as many other threads have discussed).

Are we to be perpetual guinea pigs?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    FF22 and Carjackd like this.
    01-13-18 06:47 PM
    The only reasonable option would be a larger PKB device. I doubt they will produce anything smaller than a KEYone.

Obviously the new devices can't have a 1:1 screen ratio. So a larger 3:2 ratio device is the likeliest option with a bigger battery (5000 mAh) and full stereo speakers.

It will be a 3:2 Passport-type device for sure.
    01-13-18 06:48 PM
    "....not based on the KEYone..." makes no sense. It just needs to be refined (660 chip, 6GB ram, etc. as many other threads have discussed).

Are we to be perpetual guinea pigs?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    That just means it won't be another KEYᵒⁿᵉ-based variant like Black or Bronze.

I'm pretty sure we'll see two devices similar to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ with updated specs.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    01-13-18 06:56 PM
    I think one of the devices will be an upgraded KEYone-type device and the other will be a larger variant.... Apple iPhone style.
    01-13-18 07:02 PM
    God willing it's a android passport.
    Qorax, Rallyfia, sesp9 and 1 others like this.
    01-13-18 07:20 PM
    The only reasonable option would be a larger PKB device. I doubt they will produce anything smaller than a KEYone.

Obviously the new devices can't have a 1:1 screen ratio. So a larger 3:2 ratio device is the likeliest option with a bigger battery (5000 mAh) and full stereo speakers.

It will be a 3:2 Passport-type device for sure.
    Not saying they would, or even should do this, but I would pay $1,000+ for a phone about 1/2 the height of the KEYone but with the same size keyboard and width. It would have a small screen, but with a 16x9 aspect ratio, approximately 1.5 inches high and 2.67 inches wide, optimized for text communications, and would have great battery life with the smaller screen.

I know everyone here will say that's stupid and will never work, and that's probably correct. But, as I said, I would pay a big premium for such a device. For the way I use a phone, screen size is way overrated. The keyboard is everything.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    01-13-18 07:25 PM
    God willing it's a android passport.
    I suspect it will be similar to a Passport. The only reason the Passport was a failure was because it the app gap. It was supposed to be this amazing business device, but it couldn't even run MS Office or Skype natively.

If BlackBerry Mobile created a 3:2 Passport-sized device with a 5000 mAh battery and quad-speakers, I would upgrade from my KEYone in a split second.
    TheGraduate likes this.
    A KeyTwo!

That's where I'd like their R&D efforts. Just perfect this beauty.
    pooyam likes this.
    I suspect it will be similar to a Passport. The only reason the Passport was a failure was because it the app gap. It was supposed to be this amazing business device, but it couldn't even run MS Office or Skype natively.

If BlackBerry Mobile created a 3:2 Passport-sized device with a 5000 mAh battery and quad-speakers, I would upgrade from my KEYone in a split second.
    Yeah same here. I love the Keyone but I just love the unique look of the passport. Hopefully they release a android version of it that would be awesome I would ditch the Keyone in a heart beat
    01-13-18 07:27 PM
    I have no doubt that one of the devices will be a larger device.
    01-13-18 07:34 PM
    I would love a slider to allow the best of both worlds. I loved my Priv, but the KEYone is a much better device. To put a crazy idea out there, I did have a PPC-6700 a loooooong time ago in between BB devices. It had a landscape slide out PKB. This would be a new choice for BB that might catch some interest...What PKB device would you prefer?-1200px-htc_apache.jpg
    01-13-18 07:53 PM
    I don't think we will ever see another slider again. The PRIV was a huge miscalculation and cost BlackBerry dearly. They need to stick to PKB of VKB, and nothing in between.
    davetraps likes this.
    01-13-18 08:02 PM
    Something as small as possible, with a 9900 sized keyboard and a very small screen.
    This^^^
    01-13-18 08:09 PM
    I would love a slider to allow the best of both worlds. I loved my Priv, but the KEYone is a much better device. To put a crazy idea out there, I did have a PPC-6700 a loooooong time ago in between BB devices. It had a landscape slide out PKB. This would be a new choice for BB that might catch some interest...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1200px-HTC_Apache.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	433275
    That was going to be my suggestion - a landscape keyboard device. What else would be different?
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    01-13-18 09:09 PM
    I would definitely want something Classic-esque. For some people that size wouldnt be good for video watching but the square display didn't bother me. I would watch videos sometimes but it wasn't the purpose of the phone. I miss the one handed typing / use :-(
    TCM01, Mrs Teapot and dts32041 like this.
    01-13-18 09:16 PM
    I don't think we will ever see another slider again. The PRIV was a huge miscalculation and cost BlackBerry dearly. They need to stick to PKB of VKB, and nothing in between.
    Agreed. What a really stupid phone at a inflated price. Good riddance.
    pdr733 likes this.
    01-13-18 09:38 PM
    This^^^
    Screen size: 1.77"x1.33". Choice.

What PKB device would you prefer?-b9900.jpg
    01-13-18 09:46 PM
    IMO, I have used every BlackBerry since 8800 as daily drivers for a year upgrading to the next one each time - yes I'm a BlackBerry fan.

Here are my thoughts as a daily user of each...

Passport was great for legibility and the keyboard was nice and wide. My issue was that it's too big to be portable in a suit. It was also quite heavy meaning if you put it in the side pocket of your blazer, it would pull down on the side you have put it in making your jacket hang funny. Really killed the look of a bespoke suit. Hated that.

PRIV (and all slider phones). Concept is solid but real world use not so. Yes you have a bigger screen for media consumption but when the keyboard is extended, the phones are top heavy and unbalanced making lengthy typing uncomfortable. So, many use it closed negating the advantage of a pkb

So, for me the KEYone is the best design for size (pocketability - although it also is heavy and weighs down you jacket but since it's not as wide, you can put it in a breast pocket which helps prevent the unsightly jacket pull) and use. The exposed keyboard means it is designed not to be top heavy and you can type long periods of time without fatigue.

BlackBerry was made famous to its exposed pkb and it was the best hands down. Variations to hide the keyboard was tried by many and all has its flaws. Physics dictates that once slid open, the phones balance will be off - there is no way around that. Not to mention the keyboard will be thinner as it has to slide under the screen. This thinness makes it uncomfortable to use.

Just my thoughts. Yes I used each device mentioned for a year daily so my comments come from real world use.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-13-18 10:44 PM
    I would definitely want something Classic-esque. For some people that size wouldnt be good for video watching but the square display didn't bother me. I would watch videos sometimes but it wasn't the purpose of the phone. I miss the one handed typing / use :-(
    The thing to know up front, this would not be a phone for gamers and video watchers. They prefer more screen, but some of us don't game and are very limited video watchers so don't really need or want the large screens of the modern devices.

I would like a phone that fits my shirt pocket without sagging it down...
    TCM01 and Mrs Teapot like this.
    01-14-18 12:45 AM
    That was going to be my suggestion - a landscape keyboard device. What else would be different?
    To piggy back on what silverbullet said, the weight would have to be in the bottom half or it would be fatiguing for long typing...
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-18 12:50 AM
141 123 ...