36+ hours in, and numerous issues w portability from PRIV to Ketone, but this is the best smartphone out there, IMO.

Next steps: better camera, more RAM, faster processors, even better battery, and total replication portability.
    06-12-17 07:29 PM
    36+ hours in, and numerous issues w portability from PRIV to Ketone, but this is the best smartphone out there, IMO.

Next steps: better camera, more RAM, faster processors, even better battery, and total replication portability.
    Water / Dust resistance... Long live the KeyTWO! Hah.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-12-17 07:51 PM

Also, what are your porting issues? Between Google backup restore and BlackBerry Content Transfer you should be pretty much covered?
    06-12-17 07:53 PM

some of these things could have been done with this keyone before release better ram, faster processor, why hold back when the technology is already there.
    06-12-17 08:12 PM
    some of these things could have been done with this keyone before release better ram, faster processor, why hold back when the technology is already there.
    Faster (different) processor would have impacted battery life from what I understand.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-12-17 08:14 PM
    Faster (different) processor would have impacted battery life from what I understand.
    True, maybe more ram to kind of future proof things would have helped only time will tell when we start installing apps and have been using the phone for a while things will slow down a bit.
    06-12-17 08:19 PM
    For what I do and what I want, the KEYone is perfect. Really loving this BlackBerry
    06-12-17 08:23 PM
    True, maybe more ram to kind of future proof things would have helped only time will tell when we start installing apps and have been using the phone for a while things will slow down a bit.
    Yeah, not sure why they went with 3 vs 4 GB Ram. My guess is to keep the cost down.

Early days, but I don't find it to be an issue re: lag. I turned on Developer Options and dial down the animations to .5 and it definitely makes a difference. Did the same on my Priv.
    @conite also recommends that if your app cache gets above 1GB that you clear it and reboot the phone.

Also, with any luck they want to sell a KeyTWO down the road so they can't make the device perfect, lol.
    06-12-17 08:28 PM
    Yeah, not sure why they went with 3 vs 4 GB Ram. My guess is to keep the cost down.

Early days, but I don't find it to be an issue re: lag. I turned on Developer Options and dial down the animations to .5 and it definitely makes a difference. Did the same on my Priv.
    @conite also recommends that if your app cache gets above 1GB that you clear it and reboot the phone.

Also, with any luck they want to sell a KeyTWO down the road so they can't make the device perfect, lol.
    OMG....thank you for that developer mode trick. My phone runs like a sports car again instead of a Prius haha.
    06-12-17 09:20 PM
    OMG....thank you for that developer mode trick. My phone runs like a sports car again instead of a Prius haha.
    As it should! Glad to help.
    06-12-17 09:44 PM