"What makes a Blackberry a Blackberry?"....we do
    ominaxe likes this.
    02-12-17 01:47 AM
    > What makes a BlackBerry a BlackBerry?

Lurid claims of high sales before and in the first week of release.
    StephanieMaks and Ronindan like this.
    02-12-17 09:04 AM
    ^daym! Dis man has a point...

Anyway for me anything that has 7 flying Ds is a BlackBerry

Posted via my BlackBerry two way pager
    02-12-17 11:41 AM
    Android by BlackBerry is not BlackBerry no matter how many here justify it as being change or we adopt the change. Android is and will never be BlackBerry. BBOS was BlackBerry : BB10 was/is BlackBerry.

Android is for those who just love Apps and Games. It's not even as secure as BB10 (BlackBerry words) just because the world follows like sheep It's not require I too follow like sheep, for my daily work BlackBerry Passport and BB10 is upto mark. The day it won't satisfy my need I will go ios (Security is not as important for me).

If Android was that better then BB10 why did BlackBerry put their apps in it, why did they try to make it feel like BB10, to make 0.2% of their customer to jump from BB10 to Android.??

Posted via CB10
    You either adapt and change or cease to exist.
    02-12-17 11:55 AM
    PKB, unique design and productive software & apps.
    02-12-17 11:57 AM
    For most of the public is the physical keyboard.
    tnewton3 likes this.
    02-12-17 12:44 PM
    Hey guys! So this is literally just an opinion survey, but with BlackBerry launching phones with Android software now, I'm curious to know what you think makes a BlackBerry device a true BlackBerry device? Is it the hardware keyboard? Is it BlackBerry's suite of software (BlackBerry Hub, etc.)? Or is it just the BlackBerry name on the back? There's no right or wrong answer here, I am sincerely just curious about what people consider to be a "true" BlackBerry device and why.
    Simply put security security security! And the capacitive keyboard.
    02-13-17 09:41 AM
    There are a couple things for me that make a BlackBerry, a BlackBerry. The first has to be the RGB LED. I love being able to set multiple colours to different App.

The second would have to be the Qwerty keyboard. So many videos that were talking about the PRIV when it launched said 'and it wouldn't be a BlackBerry without a keyboard'.

Next would be build quality. Even my first BlackBerry from like 6 years ago still looks in great condition. The devices are built to last and I love that. Been typing on my Q5 for over 3 years and it still feels like day 1.

Software + Security. BlackBerry have really been striving to be the 'Gold Standard' When it comes to security and they did a great job with BlackBerry 10 and now with Android Nougat coming soon.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    02-13-17 10:21 AM
    I'm sorry, but you are 100% wrong and everything you stated was your opinion and nothing more.

As long as Blackberry the company has a hand in designing, making or coding for and Android OS device that has their name on it; it is 100% a Blackberry. No amount of disliking this fact will change that.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! To me the PKB makes a BlackBerry a BlackBerry. Love my PRIV and excited for the release of the Mercury.

These die hard BB10 people are hilarious. Same people that would rather see the company die with BB10 than turn into a company that can actually compete.
    02-13-17 10:41 AM
    For me its the same thing that makes a Mac a "Mac" and a PC a "PC". Hardware is pretty much standard across the industry. The only unique part of the device is the software. Therefore the new devices "by" blackberry by my definition are NOT Blackberry phones. They would be considered Android phones by Blackberry.
    02-13-17 10:54 AM
    For me its the same thing that makes a Mac a "Mac" and a PC a "PC". Hardware is pretty much standard across the industry. The only unique part of the device is the software. Therefore the new devices "by" blackberry by my definition are NOT Blackberry phones. They would be considered Android phones by Blackberry.
    What is a Mac that runs Windows?
    02-13-17 11:00 AM
    a PC in a mac case... seeing how there is no real hardware difference other than the case and logo.
    02-13-17 01:07 PM
    a PC in a mac case... seeing how there is no real hardware difference other than the case and logo.
    There would be some Mac fans that would want to tear you a new one for saying that!
    02-13-17 01:20 PM
    There would be some Mac fans that would want to tear you a new one for saying that!
    I'm sure... but its a true statement. They went X86 and run Intel based hardware and possibly AMD in the future. Only thing that keeps them unique is the OS. With the right hardware (driver support) it is fairly simple to install OSX on PC hardware. Installing windows on a Mac is like buying a Ferrari to install a Hyundai engine in it. Its illogical to go the other way. Use bootcamp to get any Windows fix required or just buy a $300 laptop.
    02-13-17 03:30 PM
    I love BlackBerry 10 OS. I love the keyboard (have a passport), I love the full touch keyboard (had Z10 and Z30) , I love the hub and love how productive I am. I barely use a computer. That said I'm tired of the lack of apps. I used to make fun of people when they said that to me and would say all the above reasons along with security is a lot more important but over the last year I've grown frustrated at the lack of apps and I'm not talking about fart apps or snapcrap. For the first time EVER, I'm tempted to try something different...... Mercury may be my next phone.

Posted via CB10
    Jeffm63 likes this.
    02-13-17 04:28 PM
    An overpriced PC.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-13-17 05:18 PM
    The logo on the back cover, stop.

Seriously, BB OS 10 is as much different from BB OS 6/7 as Android 6/7 from OS 10 (and I could include OS 4 as well!): we're already accustomed to software changes. What makes a BlackBerry a BlackBerry, are three things: the software additions (which vary), the design, and the keyboard. This is why I'm totally happy with full-touchs based on existing designs, while qwerty phones have to be great as their predecessors.
    02-14-17 03:16 AM
    Let's go further: what's an hackintosh? And I stop it here ahahahah.
    02-14-17 03:18 AM
    You can get good enough consumer level security in any OS. BlackBerry has hardened enterprise level security, but that doesn't matter with consumers.

The only thing BlackBerry is known for is THE KEYBOARD. It's the only thing left in BlackBerry DNA that makes it immediately recognizable.
    02-14-17 07:22 AM
    A Lying Cheating company is what BlackBerry is.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 01:04 AM
    Efficient communication device with secured software installed in a hand set quality in design and built with uncompromising materials of construction.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 01:28 AM
    PKB.
    Easy access to several email accounts.
    Easy and fast multitasking like what BB10 has.
    Nice and different design, not like all touchscreen phones that are incredibly similar, my Priv is pretty different and unique and so will be my Mercury.
    02-21-17 01:59 AM
    A Lying Cheating company is what BlackBerry is.

Posted via CB10
    Damn, if only there were other companies out that who makes phones you can buy from...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-21-17 08:17 AM
48 12