Hey guys! So this is literally just an opinion survey, but with BlackBerry launching phones with Android software now, I'm curious to know what you think makes a BlackBerry device a true BlackBerry device? Is it the hardware keyboard? Is it BlackBerry's suite of software (BlackBerry Hub, etc.)? Or is it just the BlackBerry name on the back? There's no right or wrong answer here, I am sincerely just curious about what people consider to be a "true" BlackBerry device and why.
    02-10-17 04:39 PM
    Beyond the pkb, it's the software on the device - which is now BlackBerry hardened Android.
    antonrr and ikeloyalBB like this.
    02-10-17 04:41 PM
    Beyond the pkb, it's the software on the device - which is now BlackBerry hardened Android.
    So like the security of their software suite? Or the focus on productivity? Or both?
    Last edited by jcstek; 02-10-17 at 05:05 PM.
    02-10-17 04:51 PM
    So like the security of their software sweet? Or the focus on productivity? Or both?
    Both.

BlackBerry vkb, HUB, swipe gestures, productivity tab, active frame screen, DTEK, quick updates, etc.
    02-10-17 05:00 PM
    Made by BlackBerry or designed by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 05:13 PM
    For me, a BlackBerry will always be a BlackBerry, regardless of what OS, as long as i am more productive and efficient on the device than I would be on any other. The fewest amount of logical steps to (i.e.) compose a message, view unread messages, make a phone call, etc...

Being able to pinch on the hub to view unread messages has honestly made my work life so much better. I know it sounds kind of silly, but this simple feature is simply amazing.

I feel so much more comfortable taking the plunge into the Android world, knowing that BlackBerry is working to give me as close to an experience that i'm used to, as possible.
    CrackberryQ likes this.
    02-10-17 05:56 PM
    Made by BlackBerry or designed by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't mean anything in and of itself. What exactly do you like about a device made by Blackberry?

DTEK60 / Z30
    02-10-17 06:15 PM
    A device with a minimalist approach in form (though I don't mind a bit of "bling". An example would be Passport SE and Red Passport) with focus on security/privacy, productivity and function.
    02-10-17 06:42 PM
    Head turner, attention grabber, and coupled with a "blackberry is still alive????" question is what makes a Blackberry, a Blackberry....

Posted via Z30
    hoopitz likes this.
    02-10-17 08:22 PM
    Exactly. The HUB is just so much better then any other phones messaging and notification software.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 08:50 PM
    The tart and sweet taste...the dark purple color...and the aggravating stains they cause on clothing.
    02-10-17 11:11 PM
    Android by BlackBerry is not BlackBerry no matter how many here justify it as being change or we adopt the change. Android is and will never be BlackBerry. BBOS was BlackBerry : BB10 was/is BlackBerry.

Android is for those who just love Apps and Games. It's not even as secure as BB10 (BlackBerry words) just because the world follows like sheep It's not require I too follow like sheep, for my daily work BlackBerry Passport and BB10 is upto mark. The day it won't satisfy my need I will go ios (Security is not as important for me).

If Android was that better then BB10 why did BlackBerry put their apps in it, why did they try to make it feel like BB10, to make 0.2% of their customer to jump from BB10 to Android.??

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-11-17 12:26 AM
    Android by BlackBerry is not BlackBerry no matter how many here justify it as being change or we adopt the change. Android is and will never be BlackBerry. BBOS was BlackBerry : BB10 was/is BlackBerry.

Android is for those who just love Apps and Games. It's not even as secure as BB10 (BlackBerry words) just because the world follows like sheep It's not require I too follow like sheep, for my daily work BlackBerry Passport and BB10 is upto mark. The day it won't satisfy my need I will go ios (Security is not as important for me).

If Android was that better then BB10 why did BlackBerry put their apps in it, why did they try to make it feel like BB10, to make 0.2% of their customer to jump from BB10 to Android.??

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry, but you are 100% wrong and everything you stated was your opinion and nothing more.

As long as Blackberry the company has a hand in designing, making or coding for and Android OS device that has their name on it; it is 100% a Blackberry. No amount of disliking this fact will change that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ZeroBarrier; 02-11-17 at 06:28 AM.
    tnewton3 and Bay 13 like this.
    02-11-17 12:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sheep comments aside, I especially love the way you figure that you have a better understanding of what a BlackBerry device is than BlackBerry itself.

Freakin' hilarious...
    anon(1733) and tnewton3 like this.
    02-11-17 02:05 AM
    Communication - Always found my BlackBerry's to be reliable enough to keep a signal compared to others and the call quality amazing. Emails and other forms of electronic messages just worked, helped immensely by the keyboard; Quick and efficient communication.

Bundle that with security and good battery life (well my z10 allowed replaceable batteries) and you have a workhorse.

Now if only BlackBerry's were known for its camera too. Now that's something I'm hoping the mercury will rectify

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 04:50 AM
    The 7 flying Ds. Thats what makes it a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    02-11-17 08:00 AM
    I'm sorry, but you are 100% wrong and everything you stated was your opinion and nothing more.

As long as Blackberry the company has a hand in designing, making or coding for and Android OS device that has their name on it; it is 100% a Blackberry. No amount of disliking this fact will change that.

Posted via CB10
    How Android is BlackBerry? Is Android BlackBerry OS like BBOS or BB10?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 02:37 PM
    How Android is BlackBerry? Is Android BlackBerry OS like BBOS or BB10?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry says it's a BlackBerry, so who are you to say otherwise?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-11-17 02:38 PM
    BlackBerry says it's a BlackBerry, so who are you to say otherwise?
    BlackBerry said there would be BB10 on playbook, where is it?
    BlackBerry said they are committed to bb10', where is it?

There are lots of things BlackBerry said which wasn't true as per their action.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 02:44 PM
    Communication - Always found my BlackBerry's to be reliable enough to keep a signal compared to others and the call quality amazing. Emails and other forms of electronic messages just worked, helped immensely by the keyboard; Quick and efficient communication.

Bundle that with security and good battery life (well my z10 allowed replaceable batteries) and you have a workhorse.

Now if only BlackBerry's were known for its camera too. Now that's something I'm hoping the mercury will rectify

Posted via CB10
    In addition to this, I'd say it's also multitasking, and a power user's device. Meaning you can navigate around the OS quickly, do what you need to do as quick and efficient as possible.

Also add to that small features that add up and make BlackBerry unique.
    zensen likes this.
    02-11-17 02:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    The first turned out to be a technical impossibility, and the second was specifically defined as security updates - which has happened.

But both are irrelevant to the point here.
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-11-17 03:46 PM
    business central design at concepture stage. hardware and software integration (short cut key, long hold for cap, etc. fluid UI - after 10.3.2, etc. good audio for conference, drop safe in a range, adequite reliabiity, tacktile feedback of key pad, cap swipe of keypad, etc. etc.) that is what made a BB a really BB... patch some holes of droid, sort of BB, but not a real BB. (the OS was not ground up designed for integrated with BB hardware or TCL hardware... concurrent engineer is not there,you can patch holes, but i believe you can do are limited by google and backward compatibiity).
    02-11-17 04:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh boy this again , learn to move on
    02-11-17 04:12 PM
    So like the security of their software suite? Or the focus on productivity? Or both?
    Both.
    02-11-17 07:30 PM
    Well now, it's their Android apps - vkb, Hub, Calendar, etc.. Then when the Mercury comes out, it's also gonna be the pkb.. and to some, it's also their security offerings.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 09:21 PM
48 12