Just planning ahead.

If you're an unlucky person who's screen should pop after the return period or you just don't want to set up a new phone what type of glue would be good to use to reseal your screen. Given that the ribbon didn't break of course.

I hear people say Krazy Glue but I doubt that's the BEST choice. What do Apple and Samsung use on their screens? Is it available for purchase?
    06-16-17 06:23 PM
    Just planning ahead.

If you're an unlucky person who's screen should pop after the return period or you just don't want to set up a new phone what type of glue would be good to use to reseal your screen. Given that the ribbon didn't break of course.

I hear people say Krazy Glue but I doubt that's the BEST choice. What do Apple and Samsung use on their screens? Is it available for purchase?
    The old iPhones used a kind of double-sided tape made by 3M. I bought some from eBay once, but it must have been counterfeit, because it wasn't close to sticky enough. If you could find a supplier of the genuine article, it would be the thing to use.

My Passport has a tiny bit of screen lift, and since I don't know of a legitimate double-sided tape supplier, if it gets bad enough I'll use a two-part epoxy to re-glue it down. I've used it for other projects and once it sets, it's not letting go. Of course, I'm only making this suggestion because you framed it in the context of an expired return period. If I had a new device, I'd return a lifted screen as long as the warranty was still in effect.
    06-16-17 06:40 PM
    I would personally use the thin black double-sided tape that is often used to attach display assemblies on other devices.
    06-16-17 06:43 PM
    I would use the "return for warranty claim" glue. Of course, If it is out of the warranty period???? Not sure. Wasn't this worked out in the passport screen lift discussions? The only problem with 2 part empty is one had better make sure the screen and it's cables are properly working, and you have a steady hand!
    FF22 likes this.
    06-16-17 06:45 PM
    There was at least one other poster here that would rather do a simple repair on their screen rather than ship it back for a return and set up a new phone again. I'd do the refund to Amazon for sure if I still can. But I doubt I'll go through BBMobile if it's past my return period if I can simply glue it back on myself. Now if the ribbon broke, I'll go through the BBMobile route.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    06-16-17 06:53 PM
    apparently Blackberry is sending shipping labels to people with screen lift problems and asking them to ship their devices and they will send a replacement upon delivery and inspection of the faulty device. I don't have a secondary phone, I sold my old one so if my screen pops I will have to buy a cheap secondary phone. I also want to know what type of glue could be used
    06-16-17 06:56 PM
    2 Part Epoxy is what I'll use if it happens and warranty is declined.

my guess is TCL will do what's right.
    06-17-17 07:30 AM
    There was at least one other poster here that would rather do a simple repair on their screen rather than ship it back for a return and set up a new phone again. I'd do the refund to Amazon for sure if I still can. But I doubt I'll go through BBMobile if it's past my return period if I can simply glue it back on myself. Now if the ribbon broke, I'll go through the BBMobile route.
    Pretty sure I'm the poster to which you are referring. Tiny dots of super glue did work well on my Passport. Less is more; you don't want any to seep out onto the frame. It's funny (or kinda sad maybe), I was laying in bed last night deciding how I would glue it if it did come loose! I think I would gently free the screen completely, and put a dot at each corner, and then "connect the dots" with dots of glue about a cm apart all the way around the parameter. Press and hold the screen back in place for 30 seconds, and likely never give it another thought. I keep my phone in my back pocket--screen facing my keister--so maybe every time I sit down I'm actually tightening the screen? LOL
    Last edited by Matthew Davis7; 06-17-17 at 08:31 AM.
    06-17-17 08:14 AM