There are a lot of +'s about my new KeyOne and I don't want to make this a gripe post but there are some things I don't like. Please keep in mind I come from a Bold 9900 so what I don't like might be operator error so if you could enlighten me it would be appreciated.

1) What's with the accessories - or lack thereof? I am not a total accessories geek but I would like a decent holster case and a reliable glass screen protector. Looking over the posts here, the Seido is the only holster style case and I bought one. I really don't like it that much. Bonus points for anyone that can find me this case which I bought for my spare phone - S8 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13035984 Also, does anyone have a definitive answer to a glass scree protector - which type works best without losing sensitivity?

2) "Last Synched xxxxpm" One thing my S8 has is confirmation of the synch time for my emails. For obvious reasons, I need to know that my device synched to my work email. Without that time confirmation of last synch you don't really know if there is a synch issue unless an error pops up. Too many times our internal servers were down and I found out about it on my S8 because the synch time was not up-to-date. BTW - this one was an important one to me so I called BB Support and they said they hope to have it on a future update. We shall see.

3) Smoothness - moving around into and out of apps and between screens doesn't seem to be as smooth as my S8. I don't know if that is my perception or reality but that is how I see it.

4) Will there be another QWERTY next generation to the K1 in the coming years. That is a big concern. I could learn to love it and have it be outdated in the near future. If so, why not make the leap to the S8 now?

Before BB lovers beat me up, yes, the K1 has a lot of great features --- battery life, QWERTY, keyboard shortcuts, etc. to name only a few but this post is about what I don't like about my K1.

What don't you like about your k1 and is it a big enough issue to make you think about switching to another device such as an iPhone or Samsung?
    Last edited by whodathunkit; 10-02-17 at 08:41 PM.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-02-17 08:30 PM
    To help with #1 , I ordered the Mr. Shield (Amazon). Installed it today following the video they suggest, and have no issues. Buttons work fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-02-17 09:08 PM
    10-02-17 10:22 PM
    This forum is full of info on and about the KEYone.
    10-02-17 10:27 PM
    Please keep in mind I come from a Bold 9900 so what I don't like might be operator error so if you could enlighten me it would be appreciated.
    Perhaps you should stick with your S8. Sorry I don't like to be mislead and I feel mislead.
    anon(2313227) and TCM01 like this.
    10-03-17 12:59 AM
    There's nothing the S8 offers that replaces what the KEYone has, and vice versa. (That S8 physical keyboard attachement looks horrible)

I switched from an S7 and havent looked back, it's nice having a device that you don't have to panic when it comes to battery.
    Only complaints I would have are design wise, no AMOLED, no water and dust resistance, and yes the top part of the KEYone looks not very 2017.
    duncan86 likes this.
    10-03-17 02:11 AM
    I have a S8+ and iPhone 7+ sitting on the work bench and choose to use the Ketone over everything. Mine is snappy and plenty fast for my needs.

My only gripe about the Keyone is the lack of water/dust resistance, but that's minor as I'm always very careful with my devices.
    10-03-17 02:53 AM
    1.) I guess accessories companies got a little more careful when it comes to newer BBRY devices. After the rather big BB10 flop and the Priv disappointment, many seem to have abandoned making stuff for those phones. It is as it is: If you want to get the best selection for accessories, you need a best selling phone like Samsung's Galaxy S line or Apples iPhone.

3.) I don't own the S8, however I neither find my silver nor black K1 lagging. To be fair though, there are times when the app drawer of the BB Launcher is rather slow, but that's just scrolling through the apps. The only obvious slow thing would be the device search.
    To speed up your phone, you can try enabling developer mode and disable animations or try a different launcher like Nova Launcher. You'll lose keyboard shortcuts though.

4.) That's the question which has been around since the Q10, Classic and even the Priv got disappointing sales. Even the interesting Passport didn't do well to my knowledge. I don't know how well the Keyone is doing in terms of sales, however it was maybe the best received BBRY by tech reviewers since years. Maybe they will really reach a number which can justify a successor. Yet I have to wonder: The K1 is available and it is a damn good PKB device. So why leave PKB now for a common glass slab? You could as well switch when there won't be any PKB devices around...
    FF22 and duncan86 like this.
    10-03-17 09:38 AM
    To help with #1 , I ordered the Mr. Shield (Amazon). Installed it today following the video they suggest, and have no issues. Buttons work fine.
    I read a few reviews saying Mr. Shield didn't allow proper functioning of the buttons on the screen after installation. I'm going to take a chance and try it on your recommendation - thank you.
    10-03-17 09:57 AM
    DING DING DING - we have a winner of the most appreciative prize and it is RedSwedishFish! The case looks like the one I have been looking all over the internet for. I ordered it today --- thank you!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-17 09:58 AM
    You could as well switch when there won't be any PKB devices around...
    Hearing stuff like this makes me panic. I hope the PKB technology lasts as long as possible, whether built into the phone candy bar style like KEYone (preferably), under a slider, or as an attachment like moto Z mods/Galaxy S8
    duncan86 likes this.
    10-03-17 10:02 AM
    Perhaps you should stick with your S8. Sorry I don't like to be mislead and I feel mislead.
    I am not sure how to take your post. Do you think I am a secretive S8 operative trying to draft BB lovers? If so, my history of posts will show my love for the BB, QWERTY and my Bold. My S8 is a backup and an upgrade from the S6 that I had when I thought I had to transition form my Bold to droid (I didn't like Apple) due to Sprint service issues before the KeyOne was available. A BB device has always been my primary device for many years ever since I transitioned from the Palm Treo.

S8 Bond out.
    10-03-17 10:08 AM
    5) Settings. For comparison, the S8 seems to have more flexibility in settings. I don't understand why that is since both are on the same platform but I like flexibility and choice for customization purposes.
    10-03-17 10:12 AM
    OP, ditch K1 and stay with S8...buy iphone X you might find all the 5 items resolved even better. (1) depend upon vendor... BB used to handle accessory, appearantly, TCL didn't want to (3) extra ram helps. K1 black might be your solution. however, the security check always will have impact on loading... you want it to be as fast as S8 as smooth, you better forget it... it has go dtek check 1st... depend what you call smooth... if you don't really care about security, K1 might have less value to you. (4) K1 follow on? you know the risk always there when you do the gooberry. Even droid, you never know when it will be gone...with HTC MOT both work on their own brand, who knows when google will determine the open system might not be that great... (5) setting - hmm, you might not have that much choice if you select iphone X.... but with swift as backbone, still far superior than S8... and it will stay for long... IMHO.
    10-03-17 12:50 PM
    Have you also installed a screen protector with this case? If so, which one would not interfere with this Kickstand case/holster combo?
    Thank You.
    10-04-17 07:49 AM
    Have you also installed a screen protector with this case? If so, which one would not interfere with this Kickstand case/holster combo?
    Thank You.
    I don't have the holster version of this case since I don't need a holster. Hopefully someone else will be able to chime in!
    10-04-17 08:01 AM
    Keep in mind, the screen has to be dead-on. It took a few tries to line it up.
    10-04-17 12:51 PM
    you "come from a bold" how old are you?
    10-04-17 02:40 PM
    I'm 21. don't get me wrong I used a bold also but the gap time is real if you just came from one
    10-04-17 02:40 PM
    OP, ditch K1 and stay with S8...buy iphone X you might find all the 5 items resolved even better. (1) depend upon vendor... BB used to handle accessory, appearantly, TCL didn't want to (3) extra ram helps. K1 black might be your solution. however, the security check always will have impact on loading... you want it to be as fast as S8 as smooth, you better forget it... it has go dtek check 1st... depend what you call smooth... if you don't really care about security, K1 might have less value to you. (4) K1 follow on? you know the risk always there when you do the gooberry. Even droid, you never know when it will be gone...with HTC MOT both work on their own brand, who knows when google will determine the open system might not be that great... (5) setting - hmm, you might not have that much choice if you select iphone X.... but with swift as backbone, still far superior than S8... and it will stay for long... IMHO.
    You raise some valid points. For me, the deciding factor in using my KeyOne as my primary device is the QWERTY. So far, and in my personal opinion, the S8 seems like a better device. Take the QWERTY from my KeyOne or Bold and slap it on the S8 and you would have the perfect phone for me.
    10-05-17 10:24 AM
    you "come from a bold" how old are you?
    LOL - older than you I started with the old Motorola flip phones and went to the Palm Treo. Yikes - that was a long time ago! Then again, it seems like yesterday
    duncan86 likes this.
    10-05-17 10:29 AM
    6) I miss the BES / Blackberry platform from my Bold. Desktop Manager was a good tool to have on my PC. I always backed up my phone and saw the backup.BBB and felt comfortable my BB was backed up. Now, with my KeyOne, the Auto backup is checked and I am "supposed" to have everything backed up but I am not as confident as I was. I look on my gmail account that it is supposed to back up to and a file is there but it has no date/time etc. that I can see. Again, maybe an operator error issue so if anyone could confirm that is the way it is and how to test the backup to ensure all of my settings are backed up with the intent if my device is lost, I can simply download backup and it is ready to go, would be greatly appreciated.
    10-05-17 10:43 AM
    Received and installed today. Seems ok but I did notice "lift off" on one edge as I was putting it back in my case. I hope it holds up and doesn't come off. All my buttons work and no screen issues. Thanks Trip72
    10-06-17 07:42 PM
    Case came today - threw off the bulky Seido Holster and put this one on. Looks and feels great! If I had to be critical, the only SLIGHT minus is the back is a bit slippery. The one I have for my bold has some ridges that prevented slippage. I still love it. Thank you RedSwedishFish.
    10-06-17 07:44 PM
    Thought I would make a separate thread to highlight - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13039283 and I needed help but that is definitely #7 .
    10-06-17 08:04 PM