12-06-18 04:18 PM
29 12
tools
    VZ better provide incentive to upgrade to 5G (if as their CEO promise to bring the "best" 5G on time) phone as transaction... otherwise, ATT might be benefit to gain some region by eating VZ pie... (VZ better educate their sales force not put out any funny promise to bash BB phone, but hold them tight to prevent jump ship up to transition point). readiness of 5G network still not clear for VZ even EU started early (as well as ATT). BBMo 5G phone with carrier incentive to bridge over might be the best (I would wait until 2021, just make sure the chicken (network) and egg (device) sort out... for large network, I am sure it is not full coverage at beginning... so careful what you buy - not like the indian guys brought K1 but the network got limited bandwidth locally). IMHO.
    Qualcomm outs the Snapdragon 855 — the first smartphone chip with 5G
    FF22 likes this.
    12-05-18 08:42 AM
    VZ better provide incentive to upgrade to 5G (if as their CEO promise to bring the "best" 5G on time) phone as transaction... otherwise, ATT might be benefit to gain some region by eating VZ pie... (VZ better educate their sales force not put out any funny promise to bash BB phone, but hold them tight to prevent jump ship up to transition point). readiness of 5G network still not clear for VZ even EU started early (as well as ATT). BBMo 5G phone with carrier incentive to bridge over might be the best (I would wait until 2021, just make sure the chicken (network) and egg (device) sort out... for large network, I am sure it is not full coverage at beginning... so careful what you buy - not like the indian guys brought K1 but the network got limited bandwidth locally). IMHO.
    Qualcomm outs the Snapdragon 855 — the first smartphone chip with 5G
    ?

Verizon's lack of support for BBMo.... means nothing to their overall subscriber numbers. That's why no US Carrier found it necessary to support BBMo at this point. The real issue for VZW is in general support of BYOD phones... I expect there are far more Huawei or Blu owners that might leave VZW over lack of full support. T-Mobile is the one benefiting most from it's open BYOD program...

As for 5G... again not sure what the impact will be on the phone market. I think home service will be the bigger focus for carriers. 5G phones will be your top tier phones only for awhile - but I don't see it being the same as the move from 3G to 4G. Might be 2021 before 5G trickles down to a processor grade that BBMo would use.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-05-18 09:45 AM
    based on my dated knowledge there are rather few BBOS on the remaining CDMA as corp device... I can't see those went to huawei or blu... Google might gain some if they wanted with extra security layer...
    12-05-18 04:27 PM
    based on my dated knowledge there are rather few BBOS on the remaining CDMA as corp device... I can't see those went to huawei or blu... Google might gain some if they wanted with extra security layer...
    My comments about BYOD along with Huawei or Blu have to do with Carrier BYOD programs... which is not something Enterprise is interested in at all.

Any Enterprise customers still on BBOS devices when CDMA goes away... will buy whatever fits their needs best from the selection at their Carrier(s) of choice. Most likely Apple, Samsung or Google if they are in the US.
    12-06-18 04:18 PM
29 12