Hi there,

I just got my KeyOne today, dual sim model; and I am wanting to know if there is any sensitivity to the kind of charger you should be using to charge it? I have had batteries in other phones that kind of stuff up using chargers in the past and since they KeyOne is internal battery, I want to make sure I don't stuff up the battery since I can't replace it.

And does anyone know the power rating on the charger provided with the K1 as I couldnt see it.

Many thanks for any help.
    02-27-18 12:09 AM
    Hi there,

I just got my KeyOne today, dual sim model; and I am wanting to know if there is any sensitivity to the kind of charger you should be using to charge it? I have had batteries in other phones that kind of stuff up using chargers in the past and since they KeyOne is internal battery, I want to make sure I don't stuff up the battery since I can't replace it.

And does anyone know the power rating on the charger provided with the K1 as I couldnt see it.

Many thanks for any help.
    Well you need to run something that is quick charge 2.0

I usually buy aukey quick charge 2.0 wall chargers from amazon to get maximum charge in the shortest person of time
    02-27-18 12:20 AM
    Just use the charger supplied??? Don't overthink charging a KEYᵒⁿᵉ because at most you will have to charge it once a day at most and you'll sleep through it,
    02-27-18 12:20 AM
    Just to add , take advantage of boost mode whenever possible
    02-27-18 12:21 AM
    Just use the charger supplied??? Don't overthink charging a KEYᵒⁿᵉ because at most you will have to charge it once a day at most and you'll sleep through it,
    Absolutely the OEM charger is great, but if the OP is looking for a second charger my suggestion will probably work for him
    02-27-18 12:22 AM
    I've used a few different chargers on my keyone. A 1 amp charger for overnight, rapid charger for quick top offs and the oem charger at my shop for when I forget to charge it for a couple days. All work well.
    02-27-18 12:44 AM
    And I've added a Qi charging antenna which fits between my case and the rear of the phone. Works fine with older charging pads without issue.
    02-27-18 02:15 PM
    I use a PlayBook quick charger for everything, Priv, Z30, Z10, 9810, PlayBook and my vape mod, charges all units super fast! With no problems.
    02-27-18 03:22 PM
    QC3 charger is a bit more expensive, but is the fastest charge and, more importantly, keeps the battery cool.
    02-27-18 03:40 PM
    I've heard conflicting info. What's the best approach to charging if the objective is maximizing the useful life of the battery?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-27-18 03:44 PM
    I've heard conflicting info. What's the best approach to charging if the objective is maximizing the useful life of the battery?

For lithium ion, you don't want deep discharges. Keep the ions active, preferably in the 50-80% range with small charging cycles (top-ups) throughout the day.

QC3, due to its variable voltage and amperage, gives precisely what your battery needs, losing very little to heat. Heat is bad.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-27-18 03:46 PM
    For lithium ion, you don't want deep discharges. Keep the ions active, preferably in the 50-80% range with small charging cycles (top-ups) throughout the day.

QC3, due to its variable voltage and amperage, gives precisely what your battery needs, losing very little to heat. Heat is bad.
    Got it. I mostly plug into my PC, which charges very slowly and cool, generally. I charge every other day, with a charge generally between 60-90%.

02-27-18 03:52 PM
    And I've added a Qi charging antenna which fits between my case and the rear of the phone. Works fine with older charging pads without issue.
    What model of QI do you use?
    02-27-18 06:04 PM
    What model of QI do you use?
    This one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13145417

I have posted pictures of it in the past showing the slight bulge and its connection.
    02-27-18 06:11 PM
    Thank you very much!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-27-18 06:20 PM
    Thanks for everyone who has replied.

Conite, so you say to not let our phones go below 50% charge? This is interesting.

Yes my objective was to maintain the best life for the battery as I have a feeling the chargers I have at home had damaged the Samsung phones I have. I had a BT headset that also $hit itself but may of been due to something else.

Reason why I was opting to ask about another charger as I didnt want to have to disconnect and connect another charger. Normally I charge when I sleep but quite often I also charge in my home office since I am in it 90% of the time. I guess if the charge lasts quite a while, unlike Samsung, its less of a inconvenience. But you know, we're humans and we like convenience

I do have a QC3.0 charger (or might be QC2.0) from Orico so I can try that if desperate.
    03-01-18 02:10 AM
    Do you have a link for where these can be purchased?
    Edit: I am referring to a QC3.0 charger. I thought this post was quoting @conite but it didn't.
    I have been leaving my KEYᵒⁿᵉ off the charger at night and charging it during the day so I don't leave it charging after it hits 100%
    Is it better to not to give it a completely full charge when I do charge it?
    03-01-18 02:59 AM
    be careful purchasing from on line. there are recent report of fake, including charger. Use OEM charger would be the best or direct buy from brand (BBMo?).
    03-01-18 05:44 AM
    my 1 amp charger also charges slow and cool. It's an older Nokia charger. I just plugged in a new usb 3 cable and it works great.
    03-02-18 09:29 AM