Your prophecy is contradicting the official BlackBerry position.

Martin Beard, BlackBerry COO:

"Our customers also help us decide what type of keyboard we make for them. And what they ask for is choice in both a virtual and physical keyboard."

"This means we�ll continue to make our iconic BlackBerry keyboard... There is solid demand for physical keyboards � and as long as that�s the case, we�ll continue to make them."

Posted via CB10
    Yet last week he was saying the dtek60 was the last phone made by blackberry. Come back to reality - bbry is now crawling on its knees in mobile.
    10-31-16 07:03 PM
    one in a million.
    id like to think of this as a test of patience, with a sweet sweet prize at the finish line.
    10-31-16 07:56 PM
    Decent is a relative term -

Samsung level decent - $100 million spent per market, ...

Apple level decent - launches on 600 carriers worldwide ...

Blackberry level decent - Chen agrees to pay $100 for an intern to hand out flyers in Waterloo but only for two hours - and he's not paying for colour flyers like money grows on trees.
    You get the funny-point of the day for that.
    10-31-16 08:50 PM
    My expectation given what BlackBerry has actually said is that (1) they will release one and (2) it will likely be mid-spec, roughly DTEK50 in power, but have a quite-large battery and be a slab format instead of a slider. Due to available space and mid-spec CPU it will likely get 2+ days of battery life with moderate use, ~50-100% more than the DTEK60. It will be aimed at people who do not game or similar on their phone but do a lot of email and other text-style work and need to be able to be on it almost like a tiny pocket computer while away from external power and expect to be able to get a full 24 hours like that and not run out of battery.

There's a market for that sort of phone, IMHO, and it's a niche that nobody has a handset in right now.
    Barbareren likes this.
    10-31-16 09:29 PM
    My expectation given what BlackBerry has actually said is that (1) they will release one and (2) it will likely be mid-spec, roughly DTEK50 in power, but have a quite-large battery and be a slab format instead of a slider. Due to available space and mid-spec CPU it will likely get 2+ days of battery life with moderate use, ~50-100% more than the DTEK60. It will be aimed at people who do not game or similar on their phone but do a lot of email and other text-style work and need to be able to be on it almost like a tiny pocket computer while away from external power and expect to be able to get a full 24 hours like that and not run out of battery.

There's a market for that sort of phone, IMHO, and it's a niche that nobody has a handset in right now.
    Atleast I am absolutely convinced that there definitely is a market for the mercury
    But at the end of the day it will all come down to marketing
    Without that nobody is going to come running to buy this phone except the CrackBerry people and maybe few others.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-31-16 10:03 PM
    At least I am absolutely convinced that there definitely is a market for the mercury.

But at the end of the day it will all come down to marketing. Without that nobody is going to come running to buy this phone, except the CrackBerry people and maybe few others.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Amen!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 12:09 AM
    I am still intrigued they went with a higher end all touchscreen as their final device. It's not really where you would expect a company like BlackBerry to end it, but here we are. Perhaps things went a bit sideways with TCL and they couldn't get it built at the right price point. Who knows?
    11-01-16 12:21 AM
    By decent means it will be available to the few CB members who keeps on asking the release date of this device.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky.
    11-01-16 12:33 AM
    That the new "Mercury" or whatever they call it, comes out with the same internals as the DTEK 60 but with the PKB?

I would buy this for sure....!!
    Short Answer: We "don't know" the possibility.

Long Answer: At the moment, the 'Mercury' is supposed to fit in-between the DTEK50 and DTEK60 with regards to processing power. If you look at the current leaks. So chances are high to definite that the Mercury will have lower specs then the DTEK60.
    11-01-16 02:52 AM
    Decent worldwide release? About as likely as a bright idea on how to save BlackBerry coming from CB forums.
    BlackBerry should acquire Apple Inc.

That will save the company.

Now where's my million dollar cheque?
    11-01-16 12:14 PM
    I would actually liked a lot!
    11-01-16 04:34 PM
    That the new "Mercury" or whatever they call it, comes out with the same internals as the DTEK 60 but with the PKB?

I would buy this for sure....!!
    Well actually deep down inside i would like a seriously higher spec"d Mercury, or Dtek60 whatever bb will call it once its launched. BB usually keeps specs "safe". Im really toggling now between waiting for this new upcoming keyboard device or the google pixel xl....!?
    11-11-16 11:49 AM
37 12