It is very simple really. You do want privacy from Google. Do not use Google services. Amazon store and get apps from there. You really do not need to share anything with Google if you do not want to. In no way functionality of your phone will be affected.
    It's not like Amazon isn't collecting your data as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 02:13 PM
    It's not like Amazon isn't collecting your data as well.

Posted via CB10
    The only data Amazon collects are apps you download in this case. Isn't?
    10-01-17 02:42 PM
    The only data Amazon collects are apps you download in this case. Isn't?
    Uh, I don't think so. Look at their user agreement for consumers. Oh, and the developer one!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 02:45 PM
    I had been wondering about the same thing.

However, if you read Google's Privacy Policy, they say that they don't sell your personal data to any 3rd party company nor government (and if so, each such a request is accepted/rejected manually). I really don't think Google is an extra problem. Unless some dictator gets in and "nationalizes" the company and all it's data, or if hackers won't break inside, I think we're quite safe there (at least we who do not live in US and aren't US citizens).

I wouldn't be that sure about BlackBerry, though. Their Privacy Policies have had never been so clear. BlackBerry either lets governments in, it's not such a big company so it could be bit of equal to nations. Then there is a lot of misleading info (such as BBM being well-protected, but it lacks even end2end encryption!!!). We also don't know if BlackBerry let anyone into BB10. We have no idea if there were some data collected and then - how they were used. But in case you don't allow app developers gain some non-identity-exposures data about their users nor ability to place ads, you can't be surprised they won't make apps for your OS.

In my opinion, there is no added privacy on BlackBerry Android. It's just a phone with security patches, some DTEK app which just provides info if all neccessary Android-built-in security services are on, and there might be a few addons both in hardware and software basis. Thus you can't get your device rooted, which could expose your data to potentional hackers. But yes - it's just an Android phone.
    Who can trust them though. Now anti trust aw suits mount. And in the USA should already be prosecuted.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-01-17 04:36 PM
    Who can trust them though. Now anti trust aw suits mount. And in the USA should already be prosecuted.

Anti-trust is about competition though and not user data.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 05:50 PM

If you don't trust them, you can disable all Google services on your phone. There is nothing simplier. To be honest, I think we should be aware of any other provider more than Google itself - for example EU would focused on it almost instantly, once it's behavior revealed. Google is a bit in push due to it's gigantic network. Other providers are less likely to be checked from regulators.

But maybe I just want to see things the way I would like to. We never know. You, me, nobody.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-02-17 05:55 AM
56 123