Hello BB Lovers

I have just got my KEYone Limited Edition Black from Amazon India two days back and loving it. It's my 7th BB overall. Started with Bold 9790 ad then moved with Bold 9900, Q10, Classic, Passport and Priv.

Currently using Passport for my office and Priv for my personal use which has just been replaced by KeyOne till BB releases a new big size flagship device so that I will use KeyOne for office and the new one for personal. For me PKB is must!!!

What about Priv 2 ??? Is it coming or something else???? Any idea!!!!

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport on OS 10.3.3.2163 Idea Cellular - India
    08-10-17 09:15 PM
    Oh please! People are already upset over the Limited Edition Black KEYone being available so soon after the original KEYone...
    08-11-17 12:10 AM
    OP, you'll have to ask TCL (BlackBerry Mobile), PT BB Merah Putih, or Optiemus Infracom what the next devices are. BlackBerry is out of the hardware business.
    asiayeah likes this.
    08-11-17 12:11 AM
    Hello BB Lovers

I have just got my KEYone Limited Edition Black from Amazon India two days back and loving it. It's my 7th BB overall. Started with Bold 9790 ad then moved with Bold 9900, Q10, Classic, Passport and Priv.

Currently using Passport for my office and Priv for my personal use which has just been replaced by KeyOne till BB releases a new big size flagship device so that I will use KeyOne for office and the new one for personal. For me PKB is must!!!

What about Priv 2 ??? Is it coming or something else???? Any idea!!!!

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport on OS 10.3.3.2163 Idea Cellular - India
    I'm pretty sure you already realized BB has licensed their brand name to other manufacturers, and you did ask us to reply.
    No one knows for sure, but the likelihood is TLC will release an all touch device next. As for a PKB device, I seriously doubt any of the licensees will release one with higher specs than the KEYone(s) for at least the remainder of the year. Just my take.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-12-17 10:08 PM
    Oh please! People are already upset over the Limited Edition Black KEYone being available so soon after the original KEYone...
    Why upset?
    It was not released in India and other part of the World!!!!!

08-13-17 07:18 AM
    Why upset? Because I already bought the normal edition with lower specs!
    08-13-17 07:38 AM
    Why upset? Because I already bought the normal edition with lower specs!
    The extra storage is needed if you use two SIM cards. So the 64GB is a required alternative to the lack of an SD card - not really an upgrade.

The 4GB can be considered a slight bump in specs over 3GB, but you'll only notice it if you have more than around 5 apps open at their same time, and need them ALL to maintain their states.
    Rico4you likes this.
    08-13-17 11:16 AM
    OP, you'll have to ask TCL (BlackBerry Mobile), PT BB Merah Putih, or Optiemus Infracom what the next devices are. BlackBerry is out of the hardware business.
    Yes. Correct! Sure. Will do...

08-13-17 09:35 PM
    You don't think they'll want to approve anything related to their name on hardware anymore or have any say in the future? It may not be the mainstay of their business, but their brand is surely a priority. Putting it on a phone they previously wouldn't approve doesn't sound like them but it could be true. Perhaps BB doesn't even know anymore.

Anyhow, BB may be technically separate from their licensees however when talking about the hardware with their brand on it, it's still proper, helpful and simpler to call it BB as it is still BB no matter how anyone might want to distance them from it. YMMV

As for the future, I was told about the Krypton and the Juno. So we could say they are the next potential BlackBerry phones.
    Qorax likes this.
    08-13-17 10:29 PM
    I could see another slider being released, or some other unique design with a pkb. But with a different industrial design compared to the PRIV. And hopefully a different name!

There will be slabs for sure as that's always going to be the bigger market, but I don't see "security" being enough of a differentiator to make any meaningful sales.
    Qorax likes this.
    08-14-17 12:47 AM
    I could see another slider being released, or some other unique design with a pkb. But with a different industrial design compared to the PRIV. And hopefully a different name!

There will be slabs for sure as that's always going to be the bigger market, but I don't see "security" being enough of a differentiator to make any meaningful sales.
    I really do hope BBMo doesn't stray away to all slabs without pkb in the future. It would make no longer sense to buy a BB instead of a standard slab... TCL should know this
    phuoc, Barbareren and Qorax like this.
    08-14-17 01:03 AM
    I really do hope BBMo doesn't stray away to all slabs without pkb in the future. It would make no longer sense to buy a BB instead of a standard slab... TCL should know this
    Yes. I agree!

08-14-17 02:10 AM
    It's true. If I had to buy a slab it would always be iphone.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-14-17 06:43 AM
    Hopefully a KEYtwo with a trackpad or pointer capability when browsing and editing. That is my only wish and I wouldn't even care is RAM and Storage space was the same as on the KEYone. Just give me a pointer :-)
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    08-14-17 10:49 AM
    I would be happy to see a classic style keyone!

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and Mrs Teapot like this.
    08-14-17 12:37 PM
    I would be happy to see a classic style keyone!

Posted via CB10
    The classic size keys are what I need!
    Mrs Teapot and elfabio80 like this.
    08-14-17 12:55 PM
    Hopefully a KEYtwo with a trackpad or pointer capability when browsing and editing. That is my only wish and I wouldn't even care is RAM and Storage space was the same as on the KEYone. Just give me a pointer :-)
    When editing, you can double tap on the keyboard to use it as a trackpad, to precisely position the cursor.
    08-14-17 02:03 PM
    Even I too so happy with the black Keyone... hope they will launch blackberry passport SE 2. I am waiting for it... I simply love the passport SE.

Hope by 2018 passport 2 will be available..
    08-14-17 03:12 PM
    When editing, you can double tap on the keyboard to use it as a trackpad, to precisely position the cursor.
    Yes, i am aware of this but it isnt as "precise" as editing on a Bold 9900 or a Classic. U for one u dont have to worry about swiping back and deleting something because the trackpad is just for strolling or clicking, not also a keyboard with touch capabilities. The KEYone needs more settings to make it better as far as editing. Some things work against each other

I think it would make perfect sense to put the trackpad in the spacebar. Problem solved. Could use it exactly like the trackpad of old and it wouldn't interfere with other stuff. U could also have the touch keyboard option for those who want it
    08-14-17 03:27 PM
    Yes, i am aware of this but it isnt as "precise" as editing on a Bold 9900 or a Classic. U for one u dont have to worry about swiping back and deleting something because the trackpad is just for strolling or clicking, not also a keyboard with touch capabilities. The KEYone needs more settings to make it better as far as editing. Some things work against each other

I think it would make perfect sense to put the trackpad in the spacebar. Problem solved. Could use it exactly like the trackpad of old and it wouldn't interfere with other stuff. U could also have the touch keyboard option for those who want it
    Are you sure you went into the cursor position mode? When you double tap, do the word suggestions go away and are replaced with four arrow direction icons/buttons? When in this mode, swiping back doesn't delete anything, it just moves the cursor.

40 seconds in:

08-14-17 03:55 PM
    Are you sure you went into the cursor position mode? When you double tap, do the word suggestions go away and are replaced with four arrow direction icons/buttons? When in this mode, swiping back doesn't delete anything, it just moves the cursor.
    Yes. I know how to use it properly. It's just an extra step and I still don't feel it is as precise as an actual trackpad and there's no sensitivity setting. Trust me, I love the KEYone but am hoping the KEYtwo has the spacebar as the trackpad and works exactly how it did on the 9900 and Classic ;-)
    08-14-17 04:41 PM
    Yes. I know how to use it properly. It's just an extra step and I still don't feel it is as precise as an actual trackpad and there's no sensitivity setting. Trust me, I love the KEYone but am hoping the KEYtwo has the spacebar as the trackpad and works exactly how it did on the 9900 and Classic ;-)
    There is a Pointer Speed setting under Languages & Inputs. Haven't used it, but you might give it a whirl.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-14-17 11:00 PM
    if you have a KEYone, I'd suggest taking the CrackBerry owners survey. they ask directly what we want from future devices, so we should tell them since BlackBerry Mobile and CrackBerry seem to be working closer than BlackBerry and CrackBerry ever did.
    08-14-17 11:02 PM
    The classic size keys are what I need!
    Didn't u feel Classic keys a bit cramped like Priv??

I felt KeyOne is better like Bold 9900...

08-15-17 12:04 AM
    Didn't u feel Classic keys a bit cramped like Priv??

I felt KeyOne is better like Bold 9900...

No, I didn't. For me the Classic size keys are perfect. I have the Priv but only use the VKB.
    08-15-17 01:07 AM
45 12