06-17-17 07:54 PM
28 12
tools
    Jerry said the Priv was a 'slider' phone, and therefore his "bend test" would not be fair to it. Then he performs a modified "bend test". I wonder why he didn't do the same with the KEYone. He should have made a similar clarification, as this may drive people away from getting this phone.

The KEYone is a two part phone assembled transversally, so it's prone to fall apart under excessive stress. That's just what it is, and as I said in one other post, from my engineering point of view this should not be considered an issue.

Are you concerned about your KEYone's screen popping off? Just don't do what Jerry did and sure enough your screen will remain in place.
    Last edited by JPD404; 06-13-17 at 05:19 PM.
    06-13-17 05:07 PM
    ???

Posted with my awesome Z30
    06-13-17 05:11 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Forgot something?
    06-13-17 05:14 PM
    Let it go.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-13-17 05:23 PM
    Clicks and views. I do like Zacks tests though. So not hate from me.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 05:25 PM
    The so-called bend test is little more than feeding the vacuous appetite of the drooling crowd.
    06-13-17 05:33 PM
    That bend test isn't the issue, its the screens falling off from people on these forums.
    kbz1960, knightfall and xandros9 like this.
    06-13-17 05:53 PM
    That bend test isn't the issue, its the screens falling off from people on these forums.
    Yes that's the true ! I think none would care about this video if they were not cases of dismounted screens in the real world.
    06-13-17 06:16 PM
    Don't know man. My KEYone seems solid like a brick. In every batch there will be non compliant units. I think the opposite: if it wasn't for Jerry's video the few cases would have been unnoticed.

Posted via CB10
    rx8er likes this.
    06-13-17 07:12 PM
    Don't know man. My KEYone seems solid like a brick. In every batch there will be non compliant units. I think the opposite: if it wasn't for Jerry's video the few cases would have been unnoticed.

Posted via CB10
    Unnoticed.

No, not here
    06-13-17 07:14 PM
    Some are break easily and some aren't. I think it's just coincidence. Most phones in the market attached its front glass to its side bezzels or body using some kind of lock or glued (I don't really know), but it seems that K1 doesn't have one, it's just attached. Coincidence if yours is easily break, also coincidence if yours isn't. It's probably wrong in design from the very start.
    06-15-17 10:41 AM
    he did everything except fire bullets at it!
    06-15-17 11:28 AM
    What he did was a a good thing. It sped up the word that these phones were put out with a huge flaw. So much so that tlc acknowledged it and will warranty it. I'm grateful he exposed the weakness in an otherwise great phone. We'll besides my weak antenna...
    06-15-17 11:33 AM
    I don't see that. How does bending unrealistically show up a huge flaw?

if he'd should realistic real world use then i'd take it seriously.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-16-17 05:59 AM
    he did everything except fire bullets at it!
    And he always misses the most important thing of all: Drop testing.
    06-16-17 06:23 AM
    The huge flaw is not having enough or any adhesive for the screen. This would of been discovered regardless of his video due to the uptick in screen failures. But he was the first one with a wide audience that brought it to light.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-16-17 11:57 AM
    Simple, the Priv is a slider and dramatically different mechanically.

The KEYone is a slab phone like any other phone so its fair game.
    06-16-17 12:26 PM
    I don't see that. How does bending unrealistically show up a huge flaw?

if he'd should realistic real world use then i'd take it seriously.
    Although I think the ship has sailed on this phone, one shouldn't forget something with these tests.

The cars we drive go through comprehensive testing that many never experience realistically. The point of it all is to determine the weak points and assess from there. We now know the weak point of the K1 is the screen attachment. Everything else seems to be in acceptable limits.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-16-17 12:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    You forgot that there was at least one case in the forums before the infamous bend test...
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-16-17 02:53 PM
    You forgot that there was at least one case in the forums before the infamous bend test...
    At least the two that he mentions in the bend test video.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-16-17 02:56 PM
    All of these posts about the screens of the K1 popping out mean absolutely nothing to me without some sort of baseline to compare against. What is the fail rate? There seems to be about 20 independent instances here on CB of peoples screens becoming free from the body of the phone. But that is 20 out of how many? If it is 20,000 that would seem to be a low, acceptable number.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-16-17 03:08 PM
    All of these posts about the screens of the K1 popping out mean absolutely nothing to me without some sort of baseline to compare against. What is the fail rate? There seems to be about 20 independent instances here on CB of peoples screens becoming free from the body of the phone. But that is 20 out of how many? If it is 20,000 that would seem to be a low, acceptable number.
    Not sure if they sold 20,000 but 20 is CB alone. Remember, those 20,000 buyers are not crackberry users.
    06-16-17 03:18 PM
    Not sure if they sold 20,000 but 20 is CB alone. Remember, those 20,000 buyers are not crackberry users.
    I have a feeling that a good proportion of them are. Or will be, once they have a question/find an issue/the screen falls off and they search the Internet for support.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-16-17 06:41 PM
    I agree in that not all of the individuals with failed phones are posting on CrackBerry. But a certain percentage of them are. So, for arguments sake, let's assume that a small 10% post to CB. That means that there would be 200 cases of "screen failure". If you use the same baseline of 20,000 phones (which would seem entirely plausible) then you are looking at a slight 1% of all phones failing. That is relatively minuscule. Also, I would be shocked if every incident of failure that we hear about is accurate. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people out there claiming to have a phone fail just to garner the attention.
    06-17-17 08:26 AM
    I agree in that not all of the individuals with failed phones are posting on CrackBerry. But a certain percentage of them are. So, for arguments sake, let's assume that a small 10% post to CB. That means that there would be 200 cases of "screen failure". If you use the same baseline of 20,000 phones (which would seem entirely plausible) then you are looking at a slight 1% of all phones failing. That is relatively minuscule. Also, I would be shocked if every incident of failure that we hear about is accurate. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people out there claiming to have a phone fail just to garner the attention.
    1% would be a large defect rate, but I am skeptical that this is a real issue for more than a handful of phones.

As has been discussed, the design of the KEYone, with the screen running only about two-thirds the length of the device, means that it will be more susceptible to failure with longitudinal flexing, with or without sufficient, or extra, adhesive. That's just physics.

This issue is covered under warranty, so, if it happens there's an easy remedy. Nothing I've heard would cause me to hesitate if I wanted to buy the KEYone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-17-17 09:18 AM
28 12