Last week, I was at a meeting with a bunch of folks from different government and community based organizations. I left the conference table for a few minutes and, upon my return, noticed that someone had been playing with my KEYone because it wasn't even close to where I had left it. In fact, it was near the notebook of the person sitting to my right who had also left the table for a few minutes. I thought, "how strange." I picked up my KEYone and began putting it into my holster, thinking maybe I should be a little more careful about leaving my phone lying around. That is when I noticed my KEYone by my notebook at the top of the table, right where I had left it.

I returned my neighbour's phone and, upon her return, told her how I had almost stolen it. We began talking about the phone, about how we both had transitioned from Passports and were still a bit clumsy on the keyboard, etc.

Here's the real kicker. While we were chatting, the guy sitting on my left joined in the conversation and he had a Z10 with him. This is only the second time in the last four years that I have even seen another BlackBerry being used in the wild. To have one being used on both sides of me at a meeting was something I wouldn't have expected and, for just a brief moment, it felt like 2010 again.
    FF22, Wmsi, specialized888 and 9 others like this.
    09-08-17 12:01 AM
    Nice story! I wonder if the guy with the Z10 was also considering switching to the KEYone?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 12:04 AM
    I was expecting a drastic end ie screen popping of, so glad it didn't.
    09-08-17 01:17 AM
    I also was expecting a screen popping off at the end.
    valer466 likes this.
    09-08-17 05:41 AM
    I was expecting a drastic end ie screen popping of, so glad it didn't.
    Lol. Same here tho I thought the whole thread would be about the screen
    09-08-17 06:51 AM
    I also was expecting a screen popping off at the end.
    Me too lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 07:51 AM
    So the screen was alright? lol
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-08-17 08:05 AM
    to show how everyone's freaking out about the screen. lol
    09-08-17 08:17 AM
    jaja! I was also expecting the "screen fell out" ending to the story!! We are all sort of paranoid with that issue!!
    09-08-17 08:40 AM
    Here's the real kicker. While we were chatting, the guy sitting on my left joined in the conversation and he had a Z10 with him. This is only the second time in the last four years that I have even seen another BlackBerry being used in the wild. To have one being used on both sides of me at a meeting was something I wouldn't have expected and, for just a brief moment, it felt like 2010 again.
    I've had the same moment talking to a fellow blackberry user opposite me on the train. He was using a passport and I was on a Keyone, he was most intrigued.
    09-08-17 10:09 AM
    what a lame story, no pop up screen, nor replacement nightmare... the quality of the threads has worsened lately around here...
    09-08-17 11:08 AM
    the k1 isnt a blackberry, lol. z10 guy is a trooper, that phone sucks. i have seen several passports out there and always the same story..best phone ever, etc. cold dead hands, etc... :-)

Posted via CBX
    09-08-17 11:35 AM
    I haven't seen a single KEYone yet. I've seen just one PRIV in the U.S. so far. I'll be surprised if I ever see a KEYone here. I just don't know who, aside from BlackBerry fans or people that miss their keyboard, would "go back" to a BlackBerry.
    09-08-17 12:23 PM
    people that miss their keyboard, would "go back" to a BlackBerry.
    Nailed it!

Also, I liked that story OP! That was neat to hear!
    09-08-17 05:20 PM
    Thankfully no scene was created...

This story reminded me of something that happened on a boat in Halong Bay, Vietnam. I had taken the 3 day/2 night Halong Bay tour. On the 3rd day, we transitioned to another boat that was headed back to port. There was a very distraught couple aboard this new boat. The husband was yelling at the tour guide for being irresponsible and misplacing one of their bags. The wife was in tears. The tour guide was doing all he could, making phone calls, but just could find anyone on the previous boat who had seen the suitcase described. He questioned whether the wife remembered correctly and the husband went ballistic, obviously believing his wife and defending her word. Eventually, the wife remembered that the suitcase was left at their hotel in Hanoi... The husband apologized. The guide was relieved and probably should have been given a big tip.
    09-08-17 07:35 PM
    the k1 isnt a blackberry, lol. z10 guy is a trooper, that phone sucks. i have seen several passports out there and always the same story..best phone ever, etc. cold dead hands, etc... :-)

Posted via CBX
    I had never seen a Passport until I met some folks from CB who had them in Barcelona. Verizon never carried it.
    09-09-17 12:25 AM
    I had never seen a Passport until I met some folks from CB who had them in Barcelona. Verizon never carried it.
    Ever see the Gold Passport SE edition? I think only 50 were made. I wish I could of got one. If pay up to $2500.00 U.S. For one today however that will probably not cut it....

The Passport SE and Passports in general are the best phones ever created imo. Addictive!!! I don't know what I will do when I have to swap, nothing compares to this perfect phone sent from the heavens with its modern 1x1 and awesome keyboard with touch sensitivity .. I will use this forever. I'd like to pick up an AT&T variant being I am with them and seems they are a cross between an OG and SE but with wireless charging.. superb!

We are at the point now where Passports are under valued and selling for less.. in a year or three the prices will quadruple as supply is not keeping up with demand.

Good thing they are like tanks and do not break.

I had a white one before and LOVED the colors. Was a stunenr however the keyboard and extra chin space on the SE is a tad better. I heard the AT&T variant also has extra chin space... hmm, to bad it's not beautiful white!..

Sorry for the rant, how did you like the Passports?

LONG.. LiVE... BB10 & Thee Passport SE! Keeping it Native in 2017+, 1 x 1 = second to None!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-09-17 12:44 AM
    A family member was on a flight coming home from Europe and the man sitting next to her who looked like a business man pulled out a Classic. She remarked that she used to used use a Classic but had gotten a DTEK60 as her daily driver. They talked a little about not having apps he would like on the Classic, but he really likes the physical keyboards. ( I think she does too but also likes the big screen on the DTEK60), She told him about the KEYᵒⁿᵉ that I have. This was while it was in the earlier stages of rolling out and scarce in the US. I don't think he had heard of it. I have a hunch that he probably tracked one down by now.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-09-17 01:46 AM
    My story isn't as good as the OP, but I was walking a rural trail in my hometown last weekend and came upon a man using a KeyOne. I was told by the cell store that the device was selling "well", so it's no surprise to bump into someone... but on that trail?

It was cool to exchange our experiences and affection for the PKB / Android combo.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-09-17 05:42 AM
    I mentioned it somewhere else here on Crackberry but here is what happened to me. Was a part of a small car accident a few months ago where other car was involved. When we got out from our cars to have a look at the damage (nothing serious,just a few scuffs) and exchange our details I've noticed that the guy had a Z10,his friend Leap and me and my wife Passport and Bold 9900 (had a Classic in my rucksack which I'm using for listening the music) .So five Blackberries on one spot at the same time.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-09-17 09:11 AM
    I mentioned it somewhere else here on Crackberry but here is what happened to me. Was a part of a small car accident a few months ago where other car was involved. When we got out from our cars to have a look at the damage (nothing serious,just a few scuffs) and exchange our details I've noticed that the guy had a Z10,his friend Leap and me and my wife Passport and Bold 9900 (had a Classic in my rucksack which I'm using for listening the music) .So five Blackberries on one spot at the same time.
    Wow, where was this, crazy story.
    Were you with doc brown?

LONG.. LiVE... BB10, BlackBerry Passport & Those STiLL Keeping it Native. Oh, That Modern 1 x 1 Screen Ratio = Second To None!
    09-09-17 12:01 PM
    Last week, I was at a meeting with a bunch of folks from different government and community based organizations. I left the conference table for a few minutes and, upon my return, noticed that someone had been playing with my KEYone because it wasn't even close to where I had left it. In fact, it was near the notebook of the person sitting to my right who had also left the table for a few minutes. I thought, "how strange." I picked up my KEYone and began putting it into my holster, thinking maybe I should be a little more careful about leaving my phone lying around. That is when I noticed my KEYone by my notebook at the top of the table, right where I had left it.

I returned my neighbour's phone and, upon her return, told her how I had almost stolen it. We began talking about the phone, about how we both had transitioned from Passports and were still a bit clumsy on the keyboard, etc.

Aaah! Sweet nostalgia!
    09-09-17 12:03 PM
    I've been a long time blackberry fan, had 3 at once. My classic has crappy reception for calls and frequently can not send texts. Sometimes I think Verizon is jerking me around to get me to buy an iPhone. But the lack of support for my classic from Verizon and blackberry may push me over the edge.
    09-09-17 02:59 PM
    I've been a long time blackberry fan, had 3 at once. My classic has crappy reception for calls and frequently can not send texts. Sometimes I think Verizon is jerking me around to get me to buy an iPhone. But the lack of support for my classic from Verizon and blackberry may push me over the edge.
    Buy a KEYone BBB100-3.
    https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-2811
    Verizon supports it and they can't give you literal crap about it being an older phone compared to your Classic.
    09-09-17 03:17 PM
    I have had passport prior and i can day it was the best phone ever. Never had an issue with the phone. I have a few friends that have a Priv. I now have the KeyOne and i love it. I also got an iphone 6 just for the apps a few years ago when it came out. I think KeyOne will take over and only use my Keyone now.
    09-09-17 04:07 PM
29 12