Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So I'm texting my girlfriend and now she's always teasing me about how she can never really read the texts because they look like this... is it the App, phone? Anyone else had this??
    Attached Thumbnails weird symbols via text?-12683.jpg  
    06-23-17 12:11 PM
    What SMS App are you using? Just the default Messages App?
    06-23-17 12:13 PM
    What SMS App are you using? Just the default Messages App?
    Correct, just the stock texting App that comes with the phone!
    06-23-17 12:44 PM
    Never have seen that.
    06-23-17 12:59 PM
    Are you including emojis or emoticons in your text? If so, her phone may not recognize it and/or is converting it text characters. Emoticons can be translated or converted by the receivers phone; although unrecognized ones are usually indicated by an x in a box.

My sister sent me an emoticon that my z30 converted to text ; and I didn't understand what,she was trying to say. So I sent it back and asked what she meant. My question made no sense to her because her phone converted the text back the original emoticon. When I sent her a,screen shot of the message, she could see what I was seeing.

And yes she was using the stock emoticons with her standard texting app.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 01:40 PM
    Are you including emojis or emoticons in your text? If so, her phone may not recognize it and/or is converting it text characters. Emoticons can be translated or converted by the receivers phone; although unrecognized ones are usually indicated by an x in a box.

My sister sent me an emoticon that my z30 converted to text ; and I didn't understand what,she was trying to say. So I sent it back and asked what she meant. My question made no sense to her because her phone converted the text back the original emoticon. When I sent her a,screen shot of the message, she could see what I was seeing.

And yes she was using the stock emoticons with her standard texting app.

Posted via CB10
    i use some emotions but she has a newer iphone? so i wouldnt understand why it wouldnt understand thaT?
    06-24-17 11:23 PM
    i use some emotions but she has a newer iphone? so i wouldnt understand why it wouldnt understand thaT?
    Using emoticons switches the SMS to Unicode-mode. You'll notice that you can only send 70 characters per message instead of the usual 160.

What you see here might be a problem of your or your gf's phone provider mangling the messages. Did you try Settings --> Advanced --> Use simple characters (in the Android Messages app)?

If nothing helps, just stick to classic smileys like ;-) and .
    06-26-17 08:15 AM