Looking for a weather app that will play a moving radar for a longer period of time.

Mostly all of the weather apps I tried just play approximately15 minutes or so when showing the radar weather.

I play a lot of golf and need an app that will show radar for a least a few hours.

Ideas,

Thanks
    03-14-18 01:21 PM
    I use MyRadar by ACME AtronOmatic, available in the Playstore. It has a 2 hour loop option. I have the paid version but their is also a free version. It's definitely worth checking out.
    03-14-18 01:39 PM
    I tried it but I do not see how to get the two hour loop option.

The one I installed only plays the radar for about 20 minutes.

Where is that setting,

Thanks
    03-14-18 01:45 PM
    After you open the app, at the bottom of the screen tap on the 3rd icon from the left (looks like layers), when that opens u should see what appears to be an equalizer in the top right side of the screen. That is where that setting is located. Also, a nice feature of this radar app is the continuous setting which provides a continuous flow of the radar instead of a jerky image as found on other radar apps. You can also control the speed of the loops from this menu as well. It's an app that you have to play around with to get exactly what you want. Additional radar packs are available too. Also, it will send u push alerts for weather alerts if u enable it. Lots of features to play with.
    03-14-18 01:58 PM
    Thanks so much for your help. I did find the loop slider, however, when I play the radar automation it still only plays a few minutes, not doing what I set the loop to do.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    03-14-18 02:16 PM
    I have the Hurricane and Professional Radar Pack also purchased in the app and the longer loop option I believe may be part of the Professional Radar Pack. Another nice feature of this app is that you can put stars on specific locations (ie golf courses you play) and that way you could avoid an impending storm.
    03-14-18 02:28 PM
    Thanks,

I am opposed to buying it if in fact that is why the loop function is not working.

I can not find where to get support for the app.

Since you are a paying customer do you have a contact point.

Thanks
    03-14-18 02:34 PM
    Thanks,

I am not opposed to buying it if in fact that is why the loop function is not working.

I can not find where to get support for the app.

Since you are a paying customer do you have a contact point.

Thanks
    03-14-18 02:36 PM
    Info from the app at the bottom of the page in the Google Play Store.
    email: myradarandroid@acmeaom
    03-14-18 02:49 PM
    Correction

email is: [email protected]
    03-14-18 02:51 PM
    Thanks for your help.

Thank you,
    03-14-18 02:53 PM
    You're welcome R1945, hope you get your questions answered. In my opinion, it's a great app and it is my "go to" weather app for radar.
    03-14-18 03:02 PM
    Not sure where you are but Canada weather links out to environment Canada and has a 3 hour loop setting. You get to it on the map page.
    03-14-18 05:06 PM
    So I think I understand what is going on! It is looping but times are past not future.
    It is looping 9am to 11 am and my time is 11:10 am.

I have a noon tee time. I want it to loop not in the past displaying what happened, but forward so I can see what will happen.

The loop is playing 9 am to 11am. I need the loop to play 11 am until 1 or 2 pm so I can see future weather. I am not sure this app can do that.

Thanks
    03-16-18 01:07 PM
    So I think I understand what is going on! It is looping but times are past not future.
    It is looping 9am to 11 am and my time is 11:10 am.

I have a noon tee time. I want it to loop not in the past displaying what happened, but forward so I can see what will happen.

The loop is playing 9 am to 11am. I need the loop to play 11 am until 1 or 2 pm so I can see future weather. I am not sure this app can do that.

Thanks
    Check out the app "Dark Sky" and click the "Map" button at the bottom. It has a moving future radar, and excellent estimations.

PS: Although it's a good weather app, it goes about an hour into the future, but two hours into the past. You can usually make a decent judgement on what will happen after that.
    03-16-18 03:31 PM
    Weather Network shows radar that "predicts" 4-5 hours into the future. Just enough time for a round of golf. 👍😋
    03-16-18 03:53 PM
    This is the one.
    Attached Thumbnails Weather app for Keyone with moving radar longer than 1 hour-38138.jpg  
    03-16-18 03:55 PM