When different people where connecting their phones to the UE Boombox 2, I noticed that the sound quality of the Keyone was the worst. Also the volume was much lower, even when I put the phone to full volume.
    Did anyone notice? Any idea how to improve this?
    skome likes this.
    12-26-18 07:11 AM
    make sure it is very close to the speaker for the best connection. I've noticed bluetooth headset connections can be poor as well - must be that the BT antenna is badly placed in the unit or inadequate general.
    12-26-18 02:00 PM
    Lol, i figured out that "Mono" was enabled in the acessibility options.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-11-20 04:57 PM
    Lol, i figured out that "Mono" was enabled in the acessibility options.
    That alone wouldn't be the issue, but if somehow one side's polarity was internally reversed, then most of the music would be canceled out, and you'd really only be hearing the sounds that are DIFFERENT between the left and right channels - which would sound really weird, as well as be really low in volume. Typically the vocals would be nearly gone (you'd perhaps be hearing vocal reverb), but you'd have heard instruments. Is that how you'd describe the sound?
    04-11-20 08:46 PM
    I didn't notice any big difference there, also the volume was normal. But the sound was just bad compared to other devices.
    For testing reversed polarity as far as I can remember, the Beatles "Birthday" is fine since it will be the other way round and only the vocals will remain.

I'm not sure why it will make a difference for devices like a Boombox, but even my headset was strange. When using it for phone calls, everything was fine. When using it with Skype or Jitsi, I had a lot of hissing in the background. So it also seems that it depends on what other software or bluetooth devices will do with a mono signal, guess everything is expecting a stereo signal nowadays. I don't even know what this option is for and I must have activaded by mistake.
    04-12-20 03:31 AM
    That's definitely odd...
    04-12-20 02:28 PM