Hope it's out before Christmas.
    Which year are you aiming for?
    03-31-17 03:58 AM
    Without reading all of the other posts in here, I really wish Blackberry would announce the device closer to the date they can make them available. Don't some of the others have the Keynote about a week before it is available?

People are obviously getting tired of waiting and I think that will cost some sales. Also the anticipation is so great for the device that when some get it in their hands, they might have such high expectations after waiting so longthat they are dissappointed and then sell it right away or return it, etc.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-31-17 04:16 AM
    Dock experience will be pretty good combined with snapdragon 835 but we'll see if dock feature really justify retail $725 for S8.

Posted via CB10
    I can buy a KEYone and a Sentio superbook, for less than the cost of an S8 549 for phone, 119 for Sentio.
    03-31-17 04:43 AM
    We all know that Apple launches new phones every September. TCL does not have that luxury, and by teasing at CES, and announcing at Barcelona, some of the people who would have bought either of the DTEK's or another android and put the BB hub and services on it, may well have changed their minds to wait for this device. I am confident this is not an earth shattering amount of people, but every bit helps when the brand name is as faded as it is. We are waiting with baited breath, but we are part of the 1%
    03-31-17 05:12 AM
    We all know that Apple launches new phones every September. TCL does not have that luxury, and by teasing at CES, and announcing at Barcelona, some of the people who would have bought either of the DTEK's or another android and put the BB hub and services on it, may well have changed their minds to wait for this device. I am confident this is not an earth shattering amount of people, but every bit helps when the brand name is as faded as it is. We are waiting with baited breath, but we are part of the 1%
    You mean BlackBerry Mobile would like to be @1%. That would like triple market share ;-)

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-31-17 06:17 AM
    So for all those people planning to upgrade, they need the details to make plans for that purchase.
    Make plans to buy a phone?

It's just a phone! If you can't buy it at launch, you buy it next week, or next month.

Again, just a phone people...

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    Last edited by G_Unit MVP; 03-31-17 at 11:08 AM.
    03-31-17 06:20 AM
    Make plans to buy a phone?

It's just a phone? If you can buy it at launch, you buy it next week, or next month.

Again, just a phone people...

People plan out their meals, why wouldn't they plan out buying a phone?...

Yeah that's IF it comes out then (Which is the issue of not having a set date)

Yeah you're right, it's just a smartphone. Just one of the most impactful innovations in the past 25 years, no big deal. I'm not even sure why you and I are in a forum about phones...
    03-31-17 07:34 AM
    From Bla1ze reporting on this morning's earnings report conference call:

First production run of KEYone coming at end of April according to John Chen.
    Frenzytom likes this.
    03-31-17 07:36 AM
    look like MAY now...
    03-31-17 07:44 AM
    Yeah that's IF it comes out then (Which is the issue of not having a set date)
    It will, don't worry

Just one of the most impactful innovations in the past 25 years, no big deal.
    Wow, you went a little too far on that one

I'm not even sure why you and I are in a forum about phones...
    I am because I like phones, but that doesn't mean my life revolves around phones.

Last edited by G_Unit MVP; 03-31-17 at 11:09 AM.
    03-31-17 07:48 AM
    It's not a matter of competition. The reality is its extended on for so long (CES, MWC, meet up after meetup) that the hype has faded. And if there was anyone who wasn't totally and utterly committed like the pkb hardcores are but was willing to give it a shot, they likely have moved on or will now. Sure, You could say those people didn't exist or did in small numbers but at this point when trying to resurrect a brand, every potential customer counts.
    My sentiments exactly! The same happened for me with Priv, I waited and waited until I decided maybe I can become good with virtual kb eventually so I bought a compact Sony instead. Then Priv was final released. Now this. I was very eager to get this phone because apparently VKB just doesn't work for me, but more and more great phones are coming out and here I am contemplating on just getting a big a55 phablet and maybe the VKB on it won't be that bad.
    So yeah, I probably won't get this phone anymore if it doesn't come in April.
    03-31-17 07:53 AM
    So I the World just ended because KEYone looks like will be available in May?. Come on..
    It's just 4 weeks and devices tested and retested...and tested...
    Can't wait to get my KEYone

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 08:36 AM
    It's BlackBerry's official slogan - "Coming Soon" - and TCL seems to have adopted it.

This is yet another reason why BB has become the laughingstock of the tech industry.

And before the fanboys come in with the "It's TCL not BB" excuse, we've been told repeatedly that hardware is final, software is not, and BB is doing the software.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    03-31-17 09:56 AM
    It's BlackBerry's official slogan - "Coming Soon" - and TCL seems to have adopted it.

This is yet another reason why BB has become the laughingstock of the tech industry.

And before the fanboys come in with the "It's TCL not BB" excuse, we've been told repeatedly that hardware is final, software is not, and BB is doing the software.
    Is it me or did you post the same thing in another thread?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 10:13 AM
    Well we have a time frame now, May it is then.
    03-31-17 10:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    he did
    03-31-17 10:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oops, got my tabs mixed up.
    03-31-17 10:23 AM
    Looking more like star wars day now for the release, may the 4th be with you ;-)
    03-31-17 10:50 AM
    May 2018 :P

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 11:12 AM
    It has just been delayed till May...
    03-31-17 11:33 AM
    Regardless he has a point.

All he has to do is change the hypothetical scenario to "there are 2 vacation programs available, one with a date and the other without."

Most people are only going to own one phone at a time. So for all those people planning to upgrade, they need the details to make plans for that purchase.

And if they decide to go with a different phone instead, and say later on the KEYone releases and proves to be a huge success. That person isn't likely to switch right away, but instead they'll just consider to switch over to BB on their next upgrade cycle, which could be 1-3 years.
    A point? Sure... a good and relevant point? No comment...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-31-17 11:44 AM
    To be honest, I actually do. But I'm totally a rare exception lol. I have a family trip planned right now that might have to be canceled depending on the release date.
    Lol, but we all cannot be Bla1ze so, you're an exception. :-P

03-31-17 11:46 AM

Where did you hear hardware is final? They said the specs are final, not that the ones we saw are final. The ones I and some others saw at Barcelona was definitely not final, straight from the horse's mouth. But hey, that doesn't mean anything...

03-31-17 11:49 AM
    Company CEO John Chen announced the delay during the company’s fiscal Q4 2017 earnings call, saying the phone will instead ship sometime after May. He added that TCL, the Chinese firm that has partnered with BlackBerry to manufacture and market its phones in several markets across the globe, will start producing the device at the end of April.

There you have it, folks. So tell us again why we don't need an actual date? My money says this launches in June.
    03-31-17 11:57 AM
    this is rediculous
    03-31-17 11:58 AM
615 ... 678910 ...