We've been waiting a very long time for this phone and honestly, I'm simply curious how much longer after the 25th of February we have to wait.

This thread will hopefully compare the intervals between previous devices' launch dates and (pre-)order + shipping for speculation purposes.

We can't really do anything but wait either way. I guess I just like suffering.

What do you guys think?
    02-11-17 05:17 AM
    I'm guessing immediately available

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-11-17 05:42 AM
    Here's hoping... today my Passport started freaking out and refusing to start up again. Finally got it going again, but I consider it a sign to switch phones
    Mattster723 likes this.
    02-11-17 06:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree - the first live image leak of the Mercury from December was likely from a carrier, and TCL seem to be very on the ball.
    02-11-17 07:08 AM
    I agree - the first live image leak of the Mercury from December was likely from a carrier, and TCL seem to be very on the ball.
    The deal with TCL wasn't signed until late December. Steve Cisculli says TCL will be developing their relationship with carriers over the next couple of years.
    02-11-17 10:19 AM
    The Priv had no real rollout, it just sort of appeared on their website with some creepy ads. Hopefully TCL knows how to do a professional release.
    02-11-17 10:48 AM
    Obviously no one knows, so it's all just conjecture, but i'm HOPING for, at minimum, pre-orders right away and shipping within a couple of weeks.
    02-11-17 10:53 AM
    I sure hope carriers in the US release quickly as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 10:57 AM
    I sure hope carriers in the US release quickly as well.

Posted via CB10
    Especially Verizon...
    phuoc, bluesqueen23 and PJD642 like this.
    02-11-17 11:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    This ^^^
    02-11-17 11:09 AM
    Obviously no one knows, so it's all just conjecture, but i'm HOPING for, at minimum, pre-orders right away and shipping within a couple of weeks.
    Keep watching shop BlackBerry for when they accidently load the page for ordering days before the announcement, then pull it down. They have done that on the last two devices.
    02-11-17 11:12 AM
    My thought is it must be production now, ready to ship on or before Feb 25th, once you make the big roll out. Then tell people to wait 3 months before delivery kills any momentum that you built up. First rule of Sales get it into there hands before they have time to think about the purchase.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 11:34 AM
    Since Blackberry Mobile said we will get pricing info at MWC I don't think there will be too much of a delay, well, I'm hoping for no delays lol

I don't imagine it will be available from carriers though, if I had to guess it will be direct purchase like the DTEK50/60 not like say new Samsung/iphone launch
    02-11-17 12:15 PM
    Keep watching shop BlackBerry for when they accidently load the page for ordering days before the announcement, then pull it down. They have done that on the last two devices.
    This was with the DTEK devices?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 12:20 PM
    Not optimistic for immediate shipping. We haven't seen them pass FCC/WiFi yet.
    02-11-17 01:08 PM
    Especially Verizon...
    Yes and yes. I'm hoping TCL does an awesome job with the release and clear communication of when the device to be released in certain regions. Fingers crossed it releases in USA, Canada and Europe simultaneously and quickly after official announcement.
    02-11-17 01:12 PM
    This was with the DTEK devices?

Posted via CB10
    Yep...someone messed up and both the 50 and 60 were put up on shopblackberry early then taken down very quick . In both cases it was a day or two early and early in the morning
    02-11-17 01:18 PM
    Yep...someone messed up and both the 50 and 60 were put up on shopblackberry early then taken down very quick . In both cases it was a day or two early and early in the morning
    Haha nice! I'll be keepin' my eyes out.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-11-17 02:00 PM
    Do we even know it will use ShopBB? Currently that's run by Digital River for all of the existing "BlackBerry" devices so we may see a new store for the Blackberry Mobile devices, wonder if anyone has insights on this?
    02-11-17 02:02 PM
    My thought is it must be production now, ready to ship on or before Feb 25th, once you make the big roll out. Then tell people to wait 3 months before delivery kills any momentum that you built up. First rule of Sales get it into there hands before they have time to think about the purchase.
    This makes me very hopeful for the couple weeks after launch. Thank u for ur point of view and insight ;-) Can't wait

Classic, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9000...do u notice the pattern? :-)
    02-11-17 03:21 PM
    Do we even know it will use ShopBB? Currently that's run by Digital River for all of the existing "BlackBerry" devices so we may see a new store for the Blackberry Mobile devices, wonder if anyone has insights on this?
    In the recent CB podcast Steve Cisculli said that "those who you've work with in the past that were part of BlackBerry will still be there, they'll just be under the umbrella of TCL communications." So, it sounds like moving forward BlackBerry's existing consumer customer support people will be working under BlackBerry Mobile. As for device sales I would expect that as with Alcatel they will provide links to carriers and retailers through their US and Canadian websites.
    02-11-17 03:46 PM
    In the recent CB podcast Steve Cisculli said that "those who you've work with in the past that were part of BlackBerry will still be there, they'll just be under the umbrella of TCL communications." So, it sounds like moving forward BlackBerry's existing consumer customer support people will be working under BlackBerry Mobile. As for device sales I would expect that as with Alcatel they will provide links to carriers and retailers through their US and Canadian websites.
    I don't think he meant Digital River though as they aren't Blackberry people it's a third party providing the service for BlackBerry. I think it would be weird for a company like TCL to have a company like Digital River manage that for them but I'm not an expert at all. I thought Steve's comments were more like the enterprise sales people etc would be the same.

I also doubt they will launch through carriers, but again who knows.
    02-11-17 03:58 PM
    Shipping on July, first double type on November and the screen lift on december... :P

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    elfuzz likes this.
    02-11-17 04:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nah. Needs marketing and channel filling time.
    02-11-17 05:19 PM
    It will be interested to see how it will be available direct.

Will BlackBerry put up a link to the BlackBerry Mobile site, or take orders themselves (as well) on their behalf?
    02-11-17 05:27 PM
80 123 ...