We STILL have to wait like 2 months!

The reviews were so good, it made me want to get the phone sooner. I watched every review video on YouTube a few times since the show. It really doesn't help that every day were on cb with other impatient people.

Really annoyed that they get everyone excited and then still make us wait months.

Even crackberry kevin has slowed down with content because there simply isn't anything left to talk about. Maybe he quietly slipped back into retirement.
    04-06-17 06:24 AM
    Kevin got grounded by his wife

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 06:52 AM
    What reviews?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-06-17 07:10 AM
    What reviews?

Depth Review with more details of #Keyone ... We had the same details for every reviews i saw.
    04-06-17 07:26 AM
    What reviews? There's a difference between a hands on review and a device review. Hands on reviews tell you nothing but findings from spending a few minutes with the phone.
    04-06-17 07:36 AM
    What reviews? There's a difference between a hands on review and a device review. Hands on reviews tell you nothing but findings from spending a few minutes with the phone.
    Thanks for clarifying what I asked as well, lol.

04-06-17 07:42 AM
    Wait a minute. According to people here, all review sites except CrackBerry are biased against them, so even hands on reviews are not to be trusted. They are secretly negative and against the company. Don't watch them.
    04-06-17 07:58 AM
    Wait a minute. According to people here, all review sites except CrackBerry are biased against them, so even hands on reviews are not to be trusted. They are secretly negative and against the company. Don't watch them.
    According to what people? By all accounts the majority of hands-ons have been positive for the KEYone...

04-06-17 10:27 AM
    According to what people? By all accounts the majority of hands-ons have been positive for the KEYone...

Not what I meant. When reviews for previous BlackBerry devices weren't all gleamingly positive everyone accused all of these review sites of being biased and paid off by other manufacturers. Its just funny now that with some early hands on positive reviews that people are going on about how great the reviews are.
    04-06-17 10:53 AM
    Not what I meant. When reviews for previous BlackBerry devices weren't all gleamingly positive everyone accused all of these review sites of being biased and paid off by other manufacturers. Its just funny now that with some early hands on positive reviews that people are going on about how great the reviews are.
    What reviews??

Anyway, moving on from that, it's not a simple "it's always so" or "it's never so" type of deal. Reading the reviews of previous devices, some negative reviews were completely fair (I myself have a pretty good laundry list of things that could be improved about BB10 and the phones I have owned), but many others were definitely biased. The KEYone should fare better now that the whole BB hate-train has died down a bit. I judged the reviews then on an individual basis, and to claim that there wasn't a bias is just as foolish as claiming they were all biased. There definitely was a time where it was "cool" to hate on BB. Evidence of this was that a lot of it was unprovoked, meaning it wasn't a review, hands on, nobody asked about it, basically there was no reason the topic should even be brought up and people would randomly bring up BB and how prehistoric they are... Now BB is not really on people's mind anymore. It's neither "cool" nor "uncool." So it's kind of a good time to try to get a somewhat fresh start on their reputation...

AshMcAuliffe likes this.
    04-06-17 11:21 AM
    Ill add, just saw kevins sized up video. This this is as big as the iphone 7plus which is huge and i ended up keeping going back to the 4.7 each year. Could it be a bit too big? Or video adds pounds?
    04-06-17 11:57 PM
    Ill add, just saw kevins sized up video. This this is as big as the iphone 7plus which is huge and i ended up keeping going back to the 4.7 each year. Could it be a bit too big? Or video adds pounds?
    To have a 4.5" screen, keyboard, and bezel...yes it must be larger than the 4.7" iPhone variant. That said, remember that scrolling on the Keyboard brings things down within reach. The best comparison I've heard is the a lot of similarity to the PRIV while Keyboard is closed. About same height, lighter overall, not as thick.
    04-07-17 01:28 AM
    To have a 4.5" screen, keyboard, and bezel...yes it must be larger than the 4.7" iPhone variant. That said, remember that scrolling on the Keyboard brings things down within reach. The best comparison I've heard is the a lot of similarity to the PRIV while Keyboard is closed. About same height, lighter overall, not as thick.
    Same can be done on the touch screen though. Also looks thick in a way. Anyway it has to be seen in person.
    04-07-17 07:30 AM

The reviews were so good, it made me want to get the phone sooner. I watched every review video on YouTube a few times since the show. It really doesn't help that every day were on cb with other impatient people.

Really annoyed that they get everyone excited and then still make us wait months.

Even crackberry kevin has slowed down with content because there simply isn't anything left to talk about. Maybe he quietly slipped back into retirement.
    yea, ridiculous. should be a max of two weeks for any product to come to market after a release. not a big fan of apple, but they do this correctly. after an announcement, you usually wait a week before the iphone is released. never this long. annoying.
    04-07-17 07:42 AM

CBK literally just posted a video on the keyboard lol
    04-07-17 07:44 AM
    Same can be done on the touch screen though. Also looks thick in a way. Anyway it has to be seen in person.
    Until you get ready to type. If you don't have the slider or dedicated pkb you lose a ton of screen at that point
    04-07-17 08:07 AM
    Until you get ready to type. If you don't have the slider or dedicated pkb you lose a ton of screen at that point
    To be fair ou are losing just as much screen real estate having a physical keys at the bottom. Just that with the board its adjusted by the software.
    04-07-17 09:39 AM
    No. Stop. The specs are out. It's not about how it looks. Of course seeing in person and deciding if it's for you is most important, but...

You can physically compare the specs. It is the same height as the PRIV, weighs less, and is thinner and slightly less wide.
    04-07-17 09:57 AM
    To be fair ou are losing just as much screen real estate having a physical keys at the bottom. Just that with the board its adjusted by the software.
    To be fair, that is not true. Side by side when compared in videos to other devices such as Pixel, IPhone 7, S7....when you start a message and Virtual Keyboard pops up, you have less than 4.5" of screen left. Where as with KEYone, the screen real estate remains at 4.5" except for special characters. So actually the PKB of the KEYone allows for more screen real estate.
    04-07-17 10:01 AM
    Here we go with yet another specs discussion.
    04-07-17 10:30 AM
    Here we go with yet another specs discussion.
    Wasn't meant to be an internal specs discussion, so sorry if you took it that way or didn't read back to original posts.

I was merely pointing out that PKB with 4.5" display actually has more display size than typical slab when the Virtual Keyboard pops up for typing. That was all. The Virtual Keyboard covers over 1/3 of the display for the most part.
    04-07-17 10:41 AM
    Uh, not really, unless you want a phone with a really really odd aspect ratio screen...

04-07-17 12:13 PM
    Wasn't meant to be an internal specs discussion, so sorry if you took it that way or didn't read back to original posts.

I was merely pointing out that PKB with 4.5" display actually has more display size than typical slab when the Virtual Keyboard pops up for typing. That was all. The Virtual Keyboard covers over 1/3 of the display for the most part.
    As the OP, I started the thread only in observation of the video reviews, or first looks, whatever you nit pickers want to call it. Not the actual specs of the phone.

It never fails, start a thread and watch it turn into the same 2 or 3 topics.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    04-07-17 04:09 PM
    As the OP, I started the thread only in observation of the video reviews, or first looks, whatever you nit pickers want to call it. Not the actual specs of the phone.

It never fails, start a thread and watch it turn into the same 2 or 3 topics.
    Okay...clearly you don't get it. Also look at the comment above your last post from Slagman5 where he says basically the same thing as me. I didn't start a convo about specs. So again, read back or just stop. I replied to a message about "the KEYone having a terribly small screen". In response to that, I wrote a fact based response that illustrated the KEYone actually had more screen size because the Physical Keyboard didn't take screen space like Virtual Keyboard does. It's been noted all over the place. I merely corrected an incorrect statement.

But it never fails...watch a thread and there is always somebody there with ZERO to contribute, so instead they direct ridiculous comments at people in the thread. Like I said, read back and you'll see there was no spec convo. Simply an incorrect comment and comment correcting it. No need to respond here, I assure assure you there is nothing to respond to. Just resist the impulse, shake your head and agree, you jumped the gun...thought the comments were something they were not and fired off a comment for no reason at all. Let it go.
    04-07-17 06:21 PM
    Okay...clearly you don't get it. Also look at the comment above your last post from Slagman5 where he says basically the same thing as me. I didn't start a convo about specs. So again, read back or just stop. I replied to a message about "the KEYone having a terribly small screen". In response to that, I wrote a fact based response that illustrated the KEYone actually had more screen size because the Physical Keyboard didn't take screen space like Virtual Keyboard does. It's been noted all over the place. I merely corrected an incorrect statement.

But it never fails...watch a thread and there is always somebody there with ZERO to contribute, so instead they direct ridiculous comments at people in the thread. Like I said, read back and you'll see there was no spec convo. Simply an incorrect comment and comment correcting it. No need to respond here, I assure assure you there is nothing to respond to. Just resist the impulse, shake your head and agree, you jumped the gun...thought the comments were something they were not and fired off a comment for no reason at all. Let it go.
    Never said it was a small screen or in that sense. Just from videos about the footprint of it compared to iphone plus on Kevins own video.

Are you commenting at me as the non contribot that you had to correct?
    04-07-17 07:55 PM
80 123 ...