I have seen some ads from people selling their KeyOne. Most times they have really liked the phone but have various reasons for selling. So if I were to buy from them and (knowing my luck) the phone has an issue later on, am I left with no support or help if the phone still has the original warranty still in place? Will the response I get be "Sorry, go back to your seller for help."?
    11-05-17 02:16 PM
    I have seen some ads from people selling their KeyOne. Most times they have really liked the phone but have various reasons for selling. So if I were to buy from them and (knowing my luck) the phone has an issue later on, am I left with no support or help if the phone still has the original warranty still in place? Will the response I get be "Sorry, go back to your seller for help."?
    The warranty goes with the phone.
    11-05-17 02:31 PM
    The warranty goes with the phone.
    Yeah I was thinking that. Why would manufacturers force people into keeping their phones? Warranty goes by IMEI/serial number, not owner's name, that would be terrible
    anon(870071) likes this.
    11-05-17 03:01 PM
    If I recall, in older BB's or maybe it was BB itself but the warranty was to the original purchaser and did not transfer. I don't know if that is now different or if it might differ in different jurisdictions.
    11-05-17 03:09 PM
    Assuming the phone one desires is available new, the discount offered by buying used should compensate for the following:

Elapsed time under the warranty
    Loss of ability to return/exchange the phone through a retailer
    Any physical wear and tear on the device
    Risk of a problem with the sale (device not as advertised, fraud, delays, etc.)

I have had good luck with used devices, but I look for a discount of at least 25% from the price of a new device.
    Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-05-17 03:28 PM
    Yes, you may want to check with BB Mobile to see if warranty transfers before you part with your hard earned clams... Me personally...I never buy used electronics from people I do not know. I will gladly pay full retail from the OEM.
    11-05-17 03:30 PM
    If you are not comfortable then don't do it. Pay the extra few dollars and buy new.
    11-05-17 06:47 PM
    Thanks everyone for the comments. You brought up some very valid points.
    11-05-17 07:36 PM