If I buy a bell locked phone off kijiji and unlock it to use on Telus, how would warranty work for me? It is a phone that he got on a contract renewal. Is there going to be a problem for me with warranty if I have trouble with the phone?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 08:48 PM
    You better make sure it's paid off and not on some finance plan. I'm not sure if they will even cross honor warranty some companies only provide warranty to the original owner.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-03-17 09:04 PM
    Wait until Monday then check the Telus website or call Telus and find out when and where they will have them available. It should be soon.

Then you will have both a Telus and a BlackBerry Mobile warranty.
    06-03-17 09:27 PM
    If I buy a bell locked phone off kijiji and unlock it to use on Telus, how would warranty work for me? It is a phone that he got on a contract renewal. Is there going to be a problem for me with warranty if I have trouble with the phone?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    If you call Telus Mobile customer service Monday and are renewing your contract they should sell you a phone. I bought one Friday for delivery next week (3-5 days). They said the phones were in stock.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 09:33 PM
    If you call Telus Mobile customer service Monday and are renewing your contract they should sell you a phone. I bought one Friday for delivery next week (3-5 days). They said the phones were in stock.

Posted via CB10
    I am def not renewing a contract. I have a good plan and want to keep it. Maybe they will sell me a phone without a contract? I'd rather have an unlocked keyone direct from bbmobile but it seems there is going to be a wait for that.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 09:40 PM
    I am def not renewing a contract. I have a good plan and want to keep it. Maybe they will sell me a phone without a contract? I'd rather have an unlocked keyone direct from bbmobile but it seems there is going to be a wait for that.
    BlackBerry Mobile is not selling phones directly. I don't see why you couldn't buy it on a pay as you go basis.

Just make sure you buy it from the website or a real Telus corporate store, not just a franchise store that only sells contracts.
    06-03-17 09:57 PM
    They sweetened it with a couple of tablets.
    06-03-17 10:00 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile is not selling phones directly. I don't see why you couldn't buy it on a pay as you go basis.

Just make sure you buy it from the website or a real Telus corporate store, not just a franchise store that only sells contracts.
    Sorry, I didn't mean I wanted it from bbmobile only. I just meant a factory unlocked phone. I'm gonna call telus tomorrow to see what they say.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 10:02 PM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    That's a great question BTW!! Yeah it is a concern for slot of people. The original activator will determine the time of the warranty length. It's tied to the IMEI of the phone as they can check the internal clock of the phone and see what sim was attached to it!
    06-04-17 12:26 AM
    If you're willing to pay full price and not particularly concerned with buying factory unlocked, then just buy it from Telus when they have it.

The issue is buying a phone if you're not a customer, or want a discount.

But if you're willing to pay full price, and you're a Telus customer, then you can still in and pick one up without changing your plan.
    EndRacism likes this.
    06-04-17 05:01 AM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    So if I were to get this phone and needed to use the warranty, would I contact bell or blackberry mobile? I have actually never had to use warranty for any of my phones before.

Any help is appreciated. I have a chance to buy this phone for a pretty good price.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 02:43 PM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    What's important is they give you the original sales receipt for the phone, TCL warranties phone for one year after purchase.
    06-04-17 03:35 PM
    What's important is they give you the original sales receipt for the phone, TCL warranties phone for one year after purchase.
    Thanks for the quick response EndRacism!

So if I have the original receipt I should be able to go back to TCL if needed for warranty, right? I wouldn't need to contact bell at all?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 03:45 PM
    Well I bought it. I couldn't wait for an unlocked version and this was too good of a deal to pass up.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:51 PM