Bought a keyone and after about 9 months of use, the charging port had issues. There was a burnt smell and so I sent it in for repair.

The phone went in for three months, effectively wiping out my warranty for the phone and caused me to be without a phone for the duration. Emailed BB and asked for an extension of the warranty to compensate for my lost of use of the phone and they refused.

Till today, I had yet to receive the phone back.

This is a warning for people thinking of buying BB phones. Their after sales care is terrible. I really regret buying the key2 to replace my keyone.

This will be my last BB phone for sure.
    12-02-18 08:00 PM
    Terrible. Which market are you at?
    12-02-18 08:38 PM
    Terrible. Which market are you at?
    Singapore
    12-02-18 09:14 PM
    Singapore
    Who is the retailer there?
    12-02-18 09:26 PM
    the retailers are the Telcos but the problem lies with the service center.
    12-03-18 01:23 AM
    the retailers are the Telcos but the problem lies with the service center.
    Is this who you are in touch with?

TOM
    6 Eu Tong Sen St,Clark Quay Central #04-89D
    Singapore, Singapore
    Email: [email protected]

Hotline:
    12-03-18 09:23 AM
    that's the only reason I don't buy the keyone right now.
    once they start caring about their customers, I may consider it, until then passport...

Posted via CB10
    12-03-18 09:35 AM
    that's the only reason I don't buy the keyone right now.
    once they start caring about their customers, I may consider it, until then passport...

Posted via CB10
    So NO support versus pockets of poor support while the infrastructure is grown?
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    12-03-18 09:59 AM
    it's more about the mentality of the company. I don't give my money to a company which doesn't give proper support to a phone that has been released less than one and a half year ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-18 10:34 AM
    it's more about the mentality of the company. I don't give my money to a company which doesn't give proper support to a phone that has been released less than one and a half year ago.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty hard to mobilize global support infrastructure in just over a year without having to depend on 3rd parties (at least at first). Many areas have excellent support though.

To say they "don't care" is nonsense.
    RK_BB likes this.
    12-03-18 10:38 AM
    Pretty hard to mobilize global support infrastructure in just over a year without having to depend on 3rd parties (at least at first). Many areas have excellent support though.

To say they "don't care" is nonsense.
    TCL has been making and selling phones for years . You make it sound like BlackBerry Mobile is a struggling start up.

Why do you find it necessary to be the BlackBerry apologist in all matters big and small?
    12-03-18 11:02 AM
    TCL has been making and selling phones for years . You make it sound like BlackBerry Mobile is a struggling start up.

Why do you find it necessary to be the BlackBerry apologist in all matters big and small?
    OK, so BBMo simply "doesn't care". Fine.

Incidentally, TCL's only support centre for Alcatel in Singapore is the 3rd party "Total Outsource Management".

TCL's entire mobile division is quite small, and distribution/support was never their strong suit - manufacturing is.
    Last edited by conite; 12-03-18 at 11:15 AM.
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    12-03-18 11:04 AM
    I don't know how it works in Singapore, but if I experienced an instance where a retailer or OEM didn't meet their warranty obligations, I would send a registered letter with a complete history and a copy of the warranty to the legally responsible party and then file a claim in small claims court, which does not require hiring a lawyer.

That would usually prompt a satisfactory resolution, and if not, I'd likely win in court.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    RK_BB and Midnightflyer like this.
    12-03-18 11:50 AM
    I don't know how it works in Singapore, but if I experienced an instance where a retailer or OEM didn't meet their warranty obligations, I would send a registered letter with a complete history and a copy of the warranty to the legally responsible party and then file a claim in small claims court, which does not require hiring a lawyer.

That would usually prompt a satisfactory resolution, and if not, I'd likely win in court.

Unfortunately, sometimes it's the only way to go.

I hate it when companies abuse the customer's money.
    12-03-18 12:02 PM
    Unfortunately, sometimes it's the only way to go.

I hate it when companies abuse the customer's money.
    I have no such passion about these things.

Caveat Emptor!

I don't expect anything that isn't provided in a binding agreement where I know my legal recourse. That's why I don't install apps from developers for which there is no legal accountability.

In my experience with most companies, things fall through the cracks, and it's rarely intentional. By documenting my grievance and filing a claim, I make it easy for the company to resolve the issue appropriately.

I don't love or hate companies. I just do business with some of them.

12-03-18 12:08 PM
    I have no such passion about these things.

Caveat Emptor!

I don't expect anything that isn't provided in a binding agreement where I know my legal recourse. That's why I don't install apps from developers for which there is no legal accountability.

In my experience with most companies, things fall through the cracks, and it's rarely intentional. By documenting my grievance and filing a claim, I make it easy for the company to resolve the issue appropriately.

I don't love or hate companies. I just do business with some of them.

"Hate" is a wrong word choice on my part. I agree with you.
    12-03-18 12:38 PM

Agree... but again it's Singapore, so who knows how it works there.

Social Media is everywhere, and works much the same everywhere.... post on BBMo Twitter page and a few other places and might be easier to resolve this. At the very least it would warn others in your market of the pitfalls of buying that brand.

My view is buying fringe products comes with a risk...
    12-03-18 01:23 PM

Social Media is everywhere, and works much the same everywhere.... post on BBMo Twitter page and a few other places and might be easier to resolve this. At the very least it would warn others in your market of the pitfalls of buying that brand.

Or buying a product in a fringe market (for BBMo).
    12-03-18 01:25 PM

Personally, I would find it much easier to send a registered letter and file a small claims suit with the court than use social media over a product complaint!

My only social media accounts are for professional use, and I don't want my clients and network to see a minor vendor dispute!
    12-03-18 02:12 PM
    Had a poor built Samsung Galaxy S8, the front glass display was coming away from the metal frame, apparently I missed the automatic replacement after 3 months ownership (by 2 weeks) so had to send it in for repair, 3 times they failed to fix it

1, just used a heat gun to try and get the adhesive to bond back to the frame
    2, same again no improvement.
    3, finally replaced the glass back to a plain black panel with no writing on, and it wasn't aligned correctly

finally after a 5 week duration they agreed to replace it for a new sealed unit

Think most companies outsource there repair to a authorised repairer to the country of sale, I spoke to the repair centre and they told me as the phone was so new they were yet to have the parts in or training to repair that phone, to get to the front glass they have to take the whole thing apart

I will never buy Samsung again that's for sure

Sold it for a KEYone followed by the KEY2
    the_boon and Midnightflyer like this.
    12-03-18 04:13 PM
    OK, so BBMo simply "doesn't care". Fine.

Incidentally, TCL's only support centre for Alcatel in Singapore is the 3rd party "Total Outsource Management".

TCL's entire mobile division is quite small, and distribution/support was never their strong suit - manufacturing is.
    They do care. If they did not care , they would have offered a “premium “ Alcatel device rebranded under the BlackBerry nameplate.

The “House of Brands” strategy with a premium nameplate can work . Volvo is a great example. Perhaps Nokia too. The problem is in engineering and manufacturing a product that is premium or upmarket to Alcatel.

It could be that the BlackBerry royalty and other charges are just too big a pill to swallow. Not enough remaining profit for a premium level of engineering and post sales support.
    12-03-18 04:34 PM
    They do care. If they did not care , they would have offered a “premium “ Alcatel device rebranded under the BlackBerry nameplate.

The “House of Brands” strategy with a premium nameplate can work . Volvo is a great example. Perhaps Nokia too. The problem is in engineering and manufacturing a product that is premium or upmarket to Alcatel.

It could be that the BlackBerry royalty and other charges are just too big a pill to swallow. Not enough remaining profit for a premium level of engineering and post sales support.
    Well, they've nailed then engineering, AND the support in many markets - just not all. It's a work in progress.
    12-03-18 04:40 PM
    Is this who you are in touch with?

TOM
    6 Eu Tong Sen St,Clark Quay Central #04-89D
    Singapore, Singapore
    Email: [email protected]

Hotline:
    Nope, it should be this service center.

Dear Customer,
    Your BlackBerry device is currently facing some delay, it will be ready for collection latest by the end of November.
    We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding.

Mon-Sat : 11am-9pm
    Sun & PH - closed
    6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #04-89D The Central,059817
    ..UN to 96827028

This is the message that I got from them on 11 Oct. Till today, I still had not received my keyone back and my warranty had expired in mid Nov.
    12-03-18 05:29 PM
    Nope, it should be this service center.

Dear Customer,
    Your BlackBerry device is currently facing some delay, it will be ready for collection latest by the end of November.
    We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding.

Mon-Sat : 11am-9pm
    Sun & PH - closed
    6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #04-89D The Central,059817
    ..UN to 96827028

This is the message that I got from them on 11 Oct. Till today, I still had not received my keyone back and my warranty had expired in mid Nov.
    Singapore is covered by TOM. You should reach out to them with the details of your case.
    12-03-18 05:36 PM
    Singapore is covered by TOM. You should reach out to them with the details of your case.
    It had changed to Mcare.
    I emailed blackberry and they said they are working with Mcare but cannot extend my warranty.

Really disappointing.
    12-03-18 05:54 PM
43 12