I have an odd gradient in the header & footer of my home screen. This wallpaper image shows perfectly fine when opened as an image or even when selected as a wallpaper but after it's applied the 'haze' appear as seen in this pic.

Does anybody experience the same?

Wallpaper Header & Footer Gradient-screenshot_20180515-210502.jpg
    05-15-18 11:22 PM
    I have an odd gradient in the header & footer of my home screen. This wallpaper image shows perfectly fine when opened as an image or even when selected as a wallpaper but after it's applied the 'haze' appear as seen in this pic.

Does anybody experience the same?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180515-210502.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	436263
    I think it may be shading or gradient where the Notification Icons and the fixed app icons would be located top and bottom???
    05-16-18 12:08 AM
    I think it may be shading or gradient where the Notification Icons and the fixed app icons would be located top and bottom???
    Do you have it? Are you saying that's a 'feature'?
    05-16-18 12:10 AM
    Do you have it? Are you saying that's a 'feature'?
    The picture I use makes it hard to determine if it is there. I think I notice it at the top but not the bottom.
    05-16-18 12:32 AM
    The picture I use makes it hard to determine if it is there. I think I notice it at the top but not the bottom.
    If that's a feature its a really bad one...
    05-16-18 12:36 AM
    Still waiting to see what others report.
    05-16-18 09:31 AM
    Still waiting to see what others report.
    Me too...
    05-16-18 09:32 AM
    Appears to be built in to the BB stock launcher? I set a similar color wallpaper. In Microsoft Launcher (my daily driver) it doesn't show up but in BB Launcher it does

FF22 likes this.
    05-16-18 09:47 AM
    Appears to be built in to the BB stock launcher? I set a similar color wallpaper. In Microsoft Launcher (my daily driver) it doesn't show up but in BB Launcher it does

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f8a3fdc72e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...89dc7c1aac.jpg
    Oh god...I was hoping it was NOT a feature....
    FF22 likes this.
    05-16-18 10:23 AM
    Oh god...I was hoping it was NOT a feature....
    IMO at the top it doesn't look so bad, makes the icons stand out a little more. But I can see how annoying that would be at the footer if you choose to not have any icons on the dock.
    05-16-18 10:27 AM
    This I think is called screen burns, the Pixel has the same issue.
    05-16-18 10:28 AM
    No it's not screen burn. See my screen shots above. It's built in to the stock launcher
    05-16-18 10:31 AM
    This I think is called screen burns, the Pixel has the same issue.
    If I am not mistaken 'screen burns' relate to an image that 'burned' a shadow of itself on the screen over time; like on-screen navigation buttons that once disappear (as part of the OS) leave a shadow behind.

I don't think this issue has anything to do with that.
    john_v likes this.
    05-16-18 10:32 AM
    I see, that's strange cause while looking at the same wallpaper I don't have that problem.
    No it's not screen burn. See my screen shots above. It's built in to the stock launcher
    05-16-18 10:33 AM
    IMO at the top it doesn't look so bad, makes the icons stand out a little more. But I can see how annoying that would be at the footer if you choose to not have any icons on the dock.
    Do you think it has something to do with running multiple launchers? I have Nova and you have Microsoft...

I am wondering if this issue goes away upon disabling or removing the 3rd party launchers.

If anyone with no 3rd party launcher can chime in here we will know...
    05-16-18 10:34 AM
    I see, that's strange cause while looking at the same wallpaper I don't have that problem.
    Are you just looking at the image or did you actually set it as your wallpaper? As the OP mentioned, when previewing it, it looks just fine. Set it as your wallpaper and the gradient appears. It's most likely there to make the icons stand out.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-16-18 10:35 AM
    Yes it's usually the navigation bar, my Priv did it bad. But from ready post it happens to any part of the screen that has a constant color as it the top clock etc. But if it's only with BlackBerry Launcher then your definitely right it's not screen burn.
    If I am not mistaken 'screen burns' relate to a image that 'burned' a shadow of itself on the screen over time; like on-screen navigation buttons that once disappear (as part of the OS) leave a shadow behind.

I don't think this issue has anything to do with that.
    05-16-18 10:36 AM
    Do you think it has something to do with running multiple launchers? I have Nova and you have Microsoft...

I am wondering if this issue goes away upon disabling or removing the 3rd party launchers.

If anyone with no 3rd party launcher can chime in here we will know...
    I doubt it. It's probably a "feature" as you so aptly called it earlier. Some designer played with too many instagram filters and said "hey that would be cool...we'll give the launcher an X-Pro II look"

I had never noticed it when I used to use the stock launcher as I tend to gravitate towards darker wallpapers. I'm like Batman that way
    05-16-18 10:38 AM
    No I'm not just looking at the image, that's my wallpaper to and I don't see it on mine. See
    Are you just looking at the image or did you actually set it as your wallpaper? As the OP mentioned, when previewing it, it looks just fine. Set it as your wallpaper and the gradient appears. It's most likely there to make the icons stand out.
    05-16-18 10:40 AM
    I doubt it. It's probably a "feature" as you so aptly called it earlier. Some designer played with too many instagram filters and said "hey that would be cool...we'll give the launcher an X-Pro II look"
    One more reason to use another launcher. I wanted to give it a go the other day but these little things bother me.
    john_v likes this.
    05-16-18 10:40 AM
    mmmm I see it on yours as well. It doesn't stand out as much when you have the icons on the dock
    05-16-18 10:41 AM
    One more reason to use another launcher. I wanted to give it a go the other day but these little things bother me.
    That and the fact I love to edit icons within an icon pack. And have more than 4 icons on the dock without jumping through hoops
    05-16-18 10:42 AM
    That and the fact I love to edit icons within an icon pack. And have more than 4 icons on the dock without jumping through hoops
    Unfortunately the BlackBerry Launcher is years behind so many 3rd party launchers out there.

I am not saying it needs to be as robust as Nova but certainly many elements that are considered standard these days are missing...swipe up to open the app drawer, remove the app drawer icon, enable on screen gesture control and so on...

That being said, in a recent poll here in CrackBerry it seems most BlackBerry owners use the BlackBerry Launcher so I am certainly unique in my wishes it seems.
    05-16-18 10:52 AM
    Unfortunately the BlackBerry Launcher is years behind so many 3rd party launchers out there.

I am not saying it needs to be as robust as Nova but certainly many elements that are considered standard these days are missing...swipe up to open the app drawer, remove the app drawer icon, enable on screen gesture control and so on...

That being said, in a recent poll here in CrackBerry it seems most BlackBerry owners use the BlackBerry Launcher so I am certainly unique in my wishes it seems.
    Eh not too unique. I too use all those features in MS launcher. At least we have lots of choices so each can set to their own liking

I do believe those features are Coming Soon so Stay Tuned
    05-16-18 10:57 AM
    Eh not too unique. I too use all those features in MS launcher. At least we have lots of choices so each can set to their own liking

I do believe those features are Coming Soon so Stay Tuned
    No, not unique ! Using Smart Launcher on my side, for all the reasons you mentioned, swipe gestures, icon change, app drawer removal...
    The beauty of it all is that you can even have shortcuts working using a third party app.;-)
    05-16-18 11:18 AM
33 12