Hello there,

I was wondering what kind of charger is proper to use without damaging or reducing the battery lifespan on the Blackberry Keyone for those outside the UK (North America). I've read a few article about Quick charge 3.0 being better than 2.0, but I would like some advices from actual users.

I don't need to fast charge it, as long it keeps the battery lifespan healthy. So what's the best way to charge it (assuming i'm using the OEM USB-C cable) ?

1. Buy an OEM Blackberry charger for the Keyone when it comes out? (North America)
    2. Use a travel adapter for the UK charger I got with the phone?
    3. Buy a wall charger with Quick charge 3.0 compatibility like Anker/Aukey?
    4. Use the OEM USB-C that came with the phone + my Samsung charger QC 2.0 (S7 edge)
    5. Use an adapter USB-C to Micro-usb and +Micro-Usb cable + my Samsung charger QC 2.0 (S7 edge)?

Thanks!
    05-14-17 04:17 PM
    Hi,

Same situation for me (going from UK to EU). Was thinking of buying a OnePlus charger, though I assume Anker/ Aukey would work too provided they output the same.
    05-14-17 04:21 PM
    Hello there,

I was wondering what kind of charger is proper to use without damaging or reducing the battery lifespan on the Blackberry Keyone for those outside the UK (North America). I've read a few article about Quick charge 3.0 being better than 2.0, but I would like some advices from actual users.

I don't need to fast charge it, as long it keeps the battery lifespan healthy. So what's the best way to charge it (assuming i'm using the OEM USB-C cable) ?

1. Buy an OEM Blackberry charger for the Keyone when it comes out? (North America)
    4. Use the OEM USB-C that came with the phone + my Samsung charger QC 2.0 (S7 edge)
    5. Use an adapter USB-C to Micro-usb and +Micro-Usb cable + my Samsung charger QC 2.0 (S7 edge)?

Thanks!
    As long as it's Qualcomm certified. Anything that is Quick charge 3.0, 2.0, or other. Make sure the cable is of equal capacity. Put a 3.0 charger with a 3.0 cable. You could have a 2.0 charger with a 3.0 cable.

Just know that 2.0 or less will charge slower than 3.0.
    05-14-17 04:21 PM
    Hello there,

Thanks!
    The KEYone is spec'd for QC3 but comes with a QC2 charger.

If you have the UK charger is the US you can just use a plug adapter. All chargers today work on both 110 and 220 Volts AC just as they are.

Make sure you get a QC certified charger and cable. QC3 chargers can can charger faster because they can deliver more power to the phone, operating at higher voltages and currents than QC2 chargers.

The charging process is controlled by your phone, but QC3 chargers are capable of negotiating the charging current with your phone.
    05-14-17 04:32 PM
    The KEYone is spec'd for QC3 but comes with a QC2 charger.

If you have the UK charger is the US you can just use a plug adapter. All chargers today work on both 110 and 220 Volts AC just as they are.

Make sure you get a QC certified charger and cable. QC3 chargers can can charger faster because they can deliver more power to the phone, operating at higher voltages and currents than QC2 chargers.

The charging process is controlled by your phone, but QC3 chargers are capable of negotiating the charging current with your phone.
    Oh so the charger that came with the phone is only QC 2.0 ? Can you tell me where that information came from?

I came across this article :
    https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...act-on-battery

So from my understanding :

From battery health point of view, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 is comparatively better than Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, since power used for charging is better controlled, resulting in lesser heat
    Quick charge 3.0 is 27% faster charging than Quick Charge 2.0 (2x faster than the original Quick Charge 1.0) while
    Reducing power dissipation by 45%
    Increasing power efficiency by 38%, and being friendlier to the battery life cycle.

You're looking at 4 times faster charging compared to regular charging, and devices capable of jumping from 0% to 80% in about 35 minutes.
    So QC3 is much more efficient and less harsh on the battery lifespan than QC2 ?

There's no option like the Galaxy S7 to enable/disable fast charging tho.
    05-14-17 09:58 PM
    The specs are printed on the side of the included charger, 5 Volts at 1.5 Amps and 12V at 1.67A as I recall.

Yes, it sounds like QC3 is easier on your battery even though it can deliver more power faster.

You don't need to disable QC for a slow change. Just use a standard 5 Volt, 1 Amp charging cube or one of your old chargers.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 05-15-17 at 12:19 AM.
    05-14-17 11:18 PM
    Hi,

Same situation for me (going from UK to EU). Was thinking of buying a OnePlus charger, though I assume Anker/ Aukey would work too provided they output the same.
    I brought a UK/IE USB-C charger for my Lumia to EU. I just use an adapter. Works fine.
    05-15-17 12:24 AM
    I brought a UK/IE USB-C charger for my Lumia to EU. I just use an adapter. Works fine.
    It does until you try plugging things into a four-way extension. A fair number of adapters take up their own plug socket along with half of the next one so your 4x extension becomes 2. Only reason I tend to prefer keeping separate UK/EU charging bricks, otherwise I'd definitely go the adapter route.
    05-15-17 01:14 AM