Good for you.
    $700.00cdn to take a chance. A bit steep
    731.00 or 741.00 depend upon the oil price.
    06-09-17 10:08 AM
    Agent Carter......
    newcollector likes this.
    06-09-17 11:36 AM
    Good for you.
    *le sigh* "But again, this is just my own person decision based on my own personal opinion and am not stating anyone else should follow suit or feel the same way as I do..."

So, again, if it's not worth it for you, then more power to you friend. I took the same risk buying a Classic after knowing the keyboard might start double typing. I had double typing on the Q10 but fixed it myself by replacing the keyboards. By the time the Classic came out they compensated for it via software. People took the same risk of screen lift on their Passports. And same for me with the Classic, there's a chance my KEYone might never have this issue, but I also know that IF it does, I can likely fix it. And if not, I will see if TCL will fix it for me.

*****AGAIN, THIS IS JUST MY OWN PERSONAL DECISION BASED ON MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY AM I SUGGESTING THAT YOU SHOULD, NEED TO, OR SHOULD CONSIDER DOING THE SAME.*****

(I bet some people out there actually wonder why I put this disclaimer at the end of every post now...)
    06-09-17 01:23 PM
    Hi Slagman installed pie control but it keeps telling me it is running how do I stop it running or is this a background thing? Be gentle with me I am a newbie at these things so what may seem simple to you is complicated to me.
    Yes, it's an app that needs to run in the background for it to work. I know, Android likes to notify you for every little thing and it's annoying... I wonder if there's an app that would let you clear those messages, lol.
    06-09-17 01:24 PM
    Go on bend it, the phone I mean :-)
    Nah, I don't think I've ever sat around bored and decided to bend my phone, lol.
    06-09-17 01:24 PM
    Good for you.
    What's the risky chance? There is a warranty and even from the person who dropped the KEYone, TCL/BBMo offered to replace it with a new unit. He/she wants a refund so is dealing with CPW.
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-09-17 06:50 PM
    What's the risky chance? There is a warranty and even from the person who dropped the KEYone, TCL/BBMo offered to replace it with a new unit. He/she wants a refund so is dealing with CPW.
    With what is happening in here. I take the wait and see approach.
    Still have a Z30 and passport se that are paper weight now.
    Tired of buying expensive BB just to be let down.
    The keyone is starting on a very wrong path for me
    06-09-17 06:57 PM
    With what is happening in here. I take the wait and see approach.
    Still have a Z30 and passport se that are paper weight now.
    Tired of buying expensive BB just to be let down.
    The keyone is starting on a very wrong path for me
    If you don't need one urgently, then wait and see will probably grant you a lower price too...
    06-09-17 07:12 PM
    If you don't need one urgently, then wait and see will probably grant you a lower price too...
    Lower price, you say.
    That will take a very long time for the price to drop as the roll out is so slow.... Lol
    Price comes down when everyone has one and when they have some inventory left over.
    06-09-17 07:25 PM
    Lower price, you say.
    That will take a very long time for the price to drop as the roll out is so slow.... Lol
    Price comes down when everyone has one and when they have some inventory left over.
    True, but things seem to be catching up. Two posters have gotten updates on their CDMA orders, due to be delivered Jun 13 and 14, respectively.
    06-09-17 07:27 PM
    06-09-17 07:31 PM
    I don't know if he has a faulty unit. My touchscreen has never been unresponsive, in fact, I use double tap to wake and sleep and it works 100% of the time. Talks about poor call quality, something I'm also not at all experiencing, been talking to my wife plenty with this new phone and she says it sounds fine, never had it slow to a point that it's hard to use. Never had a single wifi issue, or any issue, that required a restart, not once. I'm sure if I really pay attention I might see it lag, every phone has some lag, can't really say a phone has "no" lag, but it's never been noticeable, and I've had it with a crap ton of apps open in the background before, nothing... The other half of his complaints involve using the phone while driving. No comment.

I don't know, either he got a faulty unit or something, strange how mine doesn't have almost any of his problems. But maybe I just have magical powers or something. But I know, you're more willing to accept his assessment than mine, which is fine, you're inclined to lean a certain way no matter what, so I'm not trying to change your mind. That's my disclaimer.
    06-09-17 07:45 PM
    I don't know if he has a faulty unit. My touchscreen has never been unresponsive, in fact, I use double tap to wake and sleep and it works 100% of the time. Talks about poor call quality, something I'm also not at all experiencing, been talking to my wife plenty with this new phone and she says it sounds fine, never had it slow to a point that it's hard to use. Never had a single wifi issue, or any issue, that required a restart, not once. I'm sure if I really pay attention I might see it lag, every phone has some lag, can't really say a phone has "no" lag, but it's never been noticeable, and I've had it with a crap ton of apps open in the background before, nothing... The other half of his complaints involve using the phone while driving. No comment.

I don't know, either he got a faulty unit or something, strange how mine doesn't have almost any of his problems. But maybe I just have magical powers or something. But I know, you're more willing to accept his assessment than mine, which is fine, you're inclined to lean a certain way no matter what, so I'm not trying to change your mind. That's my disclaimer.
    No, I'm not going just for his assessment. I'll be reading yours as well.
    I'm sure you will give a fair review of what works and what not.
    Using while driving. If remember, he wants to use cars bluetooth with voice.
    06-09-17 08:18 PM
    Hi Slagman installed pie control but it keeps telling me it is running how do I stop it running or is this a background thing? Be gentle with me I am a newbie at these things so what may seem simple to you is complicated to me.
    Go into settings, then apps and turn off notifications
    06-09-17 08:49 PM
    I have it, but waiting on a case before I actually move my sim over to use it as my daily driver. Can't give an honest review before that. I can say that it's a very nice device and I can't wait to use it as my daily driver. But here are a few things I found that could be improved:

-No swipe-up shortcuts: But I downloaded an app called Pie Control that swipes in from the corner and so far really liking it, almost as good as having the native swipe up, but wish they would add that in, would be slightly better I think.
    -Long-pressing a key to make it capital keeps it in "capital letter mode" too long and the second letter ends up capitalized as well.
    -Double tap to enable movement of the cursor while typing sometimes needs to be a little more sensitive I think, but actually think I'm getting the hang of it...
    -While in recent apps, the "Clear All" button would be amazing if it was on the bottom of the screen instead of the top. I actually think the first thing BB needs to change from default Android in their launcher is the top-centric way of Android. They like to put everything on the top, the notification drawer, the address bar and search bars, the send icons, etc...
    -To go along with the above, another big top-centric thing they need to change in the BB launcher is the send icon to send an email from the hub. Needs to be toward the bottom of the screen, not the top.
    -"Advanced Interactions" like in BB10, such as lift to wake, flip to mute, things like that, need to be baked in. I've looked for apps that do this and found they all have reviewers stating things like them locking them out of their phones, etc... The double tap to wake and sleep feature does make it a bit better than nothing though. Would be super annoyed if I actually had to press the power key everytime...

There are probably some other things I would like to see improved as well, and plenty of things I REALLY like about it, so don't think it's all negative. For one, and this has been said everywhere, the battery life is crazy. I spent a good day and a half just downloading, installing, and setting things up on this phone, and it still has plenty of battery left... You guys probably don't know, but I customize the bejeezuz out of everything I own, lol. Right now the phone has ZERO icons on the home screen, well, I have the phone icon and camera icon in the bottom permanent row only because the app drawer icon by itself looks kind of odd, but everything is set to shortcuts from the keyboard. The only thing on my homescreen is the clock and date, and even that is not the stock one. Downloaded Xperia for that and it's great so far. But super clean, showed my wife and she thought it was nice. Her screen is just the clock and a bunch of icons everywhere, lol.

Anyway, I expect a case to be arriving in a few days, I'll use the phone as my main phone for a few days after that, then will write something up...
    Try Nova Launcher if you want to customize.
    Attached Thumbnails Waiting for slagman's review...-54560.jpg  
    06-09-17 08:57 PM
    Check keyboard browser by Alain Granger
    06-09-17 09:30 PM
    Try Nova Launcher if you want to customize.
    Yah, I know about Nova. Can't do without the keyboard shortcuts. That screen you just shared is like the polar opposite of how I like my phone. My phone has ZERO icons, everything is done via shortcuts. Very clean, and the icons are as minimalistic as possible, just lines. Your screen to me is just WAY too busy. It's just personal preference. :-)

Waiting for slagman's review...-screenshot_20170607-152826.jpg
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-13-17 11:04 AM
    Check keyboard browser by Alain Granger
    I'm using it. It's a good start, but still room for improvement. But definitely like the address bar on the bottom and the keyboard shortcuts.
    06-13-17 11:06 AM
    I've since turned productivity shade completely off, found that I don't ever use it, and didn't like that little tab there, I tried to turn opacity all the way down to make it as clear as possible, but still stuck out. And I am going to post a review as a video on youtube. Once it's done I'll link to it here. :-)
    Geselskap likes this.
    06-13-17 11:07 AM
    Yah, I know about Nova. Can't do without the keyboard shortcuts. That screen you just shared is like the polar opposite of how I like my phone. My phone has ZERO icons, everything is done via shortcuts. Very clean, and the icons are as minimalistic as possible, just lines. Your screen to me is just WAY too busy. It's just personal preference. :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170607-152826.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	425107
    I knew you wanted a blank screen, just saw that you like to customize and it gives you other options for gestures, icon size, etc ...

I was just using mine as an example of how different you can be than stock BlackBerry launcher. If you like minimalist design, don't you have to go full on black album cover for your wallpaper?
    Attached Thumbnails Waiting for slagman's review...-54580.jpg  
    06-13-17 11:22 AM
    Lol, love that gadsden nod on their album cover, not to mention the song called "Don't Tread on Me"
    06-13-17 01:10 PM
    I've since turned productivity shade completely off, found that I don't ever use it, and didn't like that little tab there, I tried to turn opacity all the way down to make it as clear as possible, but still stuck out. And I am going to post a review as a video on youtube. Once it's done I'll link to it here. :-)
    I turned mine off, too. The little white tab was just bugging me. I'm curious about your thoughts on the phone, so I'm standing by for your youtube review video. Cheers.
    06-13-17 01:14 PM
    Review video is uploading now. I would really appreciate if you guys comment, vote, and subscribe too... Of course only if you want. It's the first video on my new channel, will start uploading more reviews for many different things on that channel. :-)
    phuoc likes this.
    06-16-17 07:21 PM
    Uploading where? On CB?
    06-16-17 07:24 PM
    I hate youtube sometimes. I left it uploading and started doing a bunch of other stuff, just checked on it and it was stuck at 1%... It does that sometimes without any rhyme or reason and across different browsers too...
    06-16-17 07:30 PM
76 1234