Hi All,

I've been using by Blackberry KeyOne for a couple months now and I have been liking it a lot. The only big problem that I have is that the VPN software that I'm using keeps getting terminated (or the connection just disappear).

I tried with 4 different providers/client and result is the same: PIA, Windscribe, TunnelBear, OpenVPN.

Leads me to think that something in the phone keeps terminating these VPN connections.

Do any of you have similar issues? Anyone has a fix that they can suggest?

Thanks a lot.
    03-03-18 11:10 PM
    No problems here with the black keyone.
    03-03-18 11:17 PM
    which country are you from?
    03-03-18 11:35 PM
    In Australia. Previously I was using iPhone and there was never any issue with vpn terminating.
    03-03-18 11:52 PM
    No problems at this side. Using VPN Unlimited
    03-04-18 01:44 AM
    using vpn unlimited.. no problem here too
    03-04-18 07:36 AM
    I have PIA, and it doesn't terminate as you describe. I have had it go into "reconnecting" when switching Wireless AP's or switching to/from cellular data, but that is to be expected.
    03-04-18 08:29 AM
    Check the settings of the vpn app make sure it doesn't disconnect after a certain time after the screen is off.
    03-04-18 09:44 AM
    I use HMA and no problems here in Vancouver on Telus nor in the USA when I switch to my Roam Mobility Sim which basically is T-Mobile
    03-04-18 10:00 AM
    Make sure that the VPN app isn't "optimised" in the background settings. If it is then the OS will kill it a few seconds after it goes into the background. This will also occur if you run low on memory or if you use other memory management utilities.
    nevilledaniels likes this.
    03-04-18 01:23 PM
    Hi All,

I've been using by Blackberry KeyOne for a couple months now and I have been liking it a lot. The only big problem that I have is that the VPN software that I'm using keeps getting terminated (or the connection just disappear).

I tried with 4 different providers/client and result is the same: PIA, Windscribe, TunnelBear, OpenVPN.

Leads me to think that something in the phone keeps terminating these VPN connections.

Do any of you have similar issues? Anyone has a fix that they can suggest?

Thanks a lot.
    Please try Unseen Online VPN. It works fine for me . Only thing is that it takes time to connect thereafter it works fine.
    tmommy likes this.
    03-04-18 01:29 PM
    Another thing to check is that "always on vpn" is selected under Wireless & Networks ->VPN and in the settings for your VPN you'll find the setting in there. You can only select one VPN at a time as "always on".

What security patch of Android are you on? Last summer/fall the Keyone had a terrible time with applications closing as soon as they were cleared from resents, including VPNs. If not already, try updating to the latest patch.
    03-04-18 09:01 PM
    Make sure that the VPN app isn't "optimised" in the background settings. If it is then the OS will kill it a few seconds after it goes into the background. This will also occur if you run low on memory or if you use other memory management utilities.
    As above and check the battery optimisation is not set too short for the VPN app
    03-05-18 01:08 AM
    Yup, I'm running PIA and without background permission on it will disconnect on ya.
    03-05-18 06:20 PM