Thanks! I know that Kindle uses a "forked version" of android but I never knew that there was a possibility to get better apps than amazon is offering! I'm going to check out the link asap...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Yep, Play Store runs atop just fine! I note a slight increase in resource usage but for me it's worth the trade off. Good luck and enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-18 04:46 AM
    Has anyone tried TorGuard VPN? If so I'd appreciate your opinion!

I was about to sign up for Nord VPN but today I saw a review on the wirecutter that showed Nord as consistently 40% slower than Torguard, albeit with it set at the default 128bit vs Nord & others all using 256bit encryption. Since I'm not working on Top Secret tech, I mostly want a VPN for privacy & basic online shopping security so I wasn't sure if it would make a real difference in practical terms? I was guessing that any hackers sophisticated enough or that want my data badly enough to crack 128bit encryption would likely have some other way around it anyway... or have things progressed to where average thieves can easily crack 128 bit?

10-27-18 07:25 AM

I was about to sign up for Nord VPN but today I saw a review on the wirecutter that showed Nord as consistently 40% slower than Torguard, albeit with it set at the default 128bit vs Nord & others all using 256bit encryption. Since I'm not working on Top Secret tech, I mostly want a VPN for privacy & basic online shopping security so I wasn't sure if it would make a real difference in practical terms? I was guessing that any hackers sophisticated enough or that want my data badly enough to crack 128bit encryption would likely have some other way around it anyway... or have things progressed to where average thieves can easily crack 128 bit?

I use TorGuard on my KeyOne.

I connect to it using the OpenVPN for Android app from the F-Droid app store and have it set to "always on" and "block connections without VPN".
    Works like a charm.

You can also use their TorGuard app, but that's optional lol.
    10-27-18 01:14 PM
    Just bought a 2yr plan from TorGuard VPN, but haven't had the time to put it into effect on my Q10. Hope to have the time before the weekend though. Is there an easy way to use the app mentioned from F-Droid or do I just need to learn about the information needed & how to manually set it up?

11-28-18 07:59 AM

I use NordVPN and haven't noticed any speed difference between when it is disconnected and when it isn't. That includes double VPN through Canada or single VPN going the states. I live in the US.
    11-28-18 08:04 AM
    Just bought a 2yr plan from TorGuard VPN, but haven't had the time to put it into effect on my Q10. Hope to have the time before the weekend though. Is there an easy way to use the app mentioned from F-Droid or do I just need to learn about the information needed & how to manually set it up?

To use it on your Q10 setup here https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.p...article&id=102
    And for android, use the TorGuard app or the OpenVpn app from f-Droid (openvpn setup instructions on their we page).
    11-28-18 11:14 AM
    Appreciate it! I have a setup question their link didn't cover. The link said to leave "perfect forward secrecy" unselected. But below that my Q10 has options for automatically determine IP, DNS & algorithm. Do I select all three, none or a combination?

On the F-Droid app, if I wanted to put it on my old android tablet do I just use its browser & go to F-Droid.com and look for instructions on how to install it?

Thanks again!

11-28-18 01:01 PM
107 ... 345