So this is something I have been struggling with for a few weeks. I don’t know what caused it to happen, but it is very annoying:

I have a DTEK60 and a KEYOne. On the DTEK60 (updated with the latest patch), when I use “OpenVPN for Android” app to connect to a location, the key icon appears in the title bar. Now even if the “OpenVPN for Android” app is closed, the key remains there and I continue to be connected to the VPN server. On my KEYOne, I follow the same process. I get connected. However, if I close the “OpenVPN for Android” app, then the VPN connection is terminated.

This should not happen. I know it was not like this 2 months ago when I got my KEYOne, however now I am struggling with this. I don't know what caused it, and hence I am finding it difficult to fin a solution for it.

Any suggestions for why this is happening?
    Thanks
    08-15-17 05:30 AM
    this issue is known, last update made keyone behave like this. all we can do is hope for a fix with the next update
    08-15-17 06:47 AM
    aha... didn't know that. what is the best way to raise this to BlackBerry? is there a email address or online bug reporting link?
    08-15-17 07:57 AM
    just as a quick update: the september update fixed this issue.
    09-28-17 06:04 AM
    just an update, the latest OS update fixed this issue. the VPN continues to work even with the app now closed. thanks
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-17 07:48 AM