One of the things I miss from BB10 was the setting for my volume control to only adjust for media. That is a setting I have not found on my KeyOne. However, on my Oreo Samsung S7, that option is there.

Is this an Oreo setting or a touchwiz feature? Any Oreo KeyOne beta testers can confirm or deny this existence ?

Also, is there a way for the volume to jump songs like BB10 is the button is held down?

Thanks.
    08-08-18 09:00 AM
    One of the things I miss from BB10 was the setting for my volume control to only adjust for media. That is a setting I have not found on my KeyOne. However, on my Oreo Samsung S7, that option is there.

Is this an Oreo setting or a touchwiz feature? Any Oreo KeyOne beta testers can confirm or deny this existence ?

Also, is there a way for the volume to jump songs like BB10 is the button is held down?

Thanks.
    this is not for oreo. I work in oreo at KEY2, but there is no setting you mentioned.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    08-08-18 10:04 AM

Thanks.
    1) You can adjust media volume when media is not in use by pressing the volume rocker up or down, then tapping the volume pop-up. Various volume sliders will appear. You can also access this via settings. There is no way to customize what audio level is prioritized by the keys in Android.

2) Android does not natively support skipping songs using the volume rocker. It is an awesome feature and I do miss it.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    08-08-18 10:20 AM
    1) You can adjust media volume when media is not in use by pressing the volume rocker up or down, then tapping the volume pop-up. Various volume sliders will appear. You can also access this via settings. There is no way to customize what audio level is prioritized by the keys in Android.
    This is a poor design in my books. When I want to watch a YouTube video, or play some music at a specific volume, I usually like to adjust the volume first, before starting the media. It's frustrating, especially coming from BB10 where it was so easy and fewer clicks and screen touches to accomplish something.

Maybe BlackBerry can tweak their launcher to add this.
    08-08-18 11:17 AM