For nearly a week I have serious issues with my KeyOne. It's some kind of two-point-problem

1. The hardware volume buttons don't react as they should: they should automatically regulate the volume of media when media is running, the volume of phone calls or - when nothing is chosen - the volume of the ringtones.
    But most of the time the KeyOne allows me only to regulate the volume of phone calls, even when I'm not phoning. The display shows just this option. I have to use the drop down menu to regulate the volume of media. It is only automatically detected when an app e.g. Music Player or YouTube is running in the foreground. When I let it run in the background, again the option to regulate the volume of calls ist shown by pressing the volume buttons.
    Sometimes it works as it should without me having changed anything.

2. When myking phone calls the speaker is activated suddenly. I have to tap twice on the speaker button of the app to deactivate it.
    When connected to my car via Android Auto suddenly the music comes through the phone speaker instead of the speakers of the car. I have to pause and start the track than it works as it should - for a while.
    When connected with bluetooth to an earphone something simlar happens: suddenly the sound comes through the speakers, although the KeyOne is still conected via Bluetooth and the display shows the active BT-symbol.

I tried to replace apps with older versions, mad an 32-secomnds-reboot, used an repair app. This app seemed to help, but after 2 days it was the same.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say, because my English ist not very good... and maybe help me.

Thanks in advance
    04-08-21 04:27 AM
    I'd clean the earphone jack - make sure something isn't causing it to think something is being plugged in.

Next I'd use BlackBerry Virtual Expert to test the speakers, mic and Bluetooth. Run it a number of times to see if something has intermittent issues.

Any app you have installed in the last week or two should be uninstalled.

Then if still an issue, I'd do a Factory Reset without a restore... test the phone.

After that it's most likely hardware that's gone bad or been damaged.
    04-08-21 07:37 AM
    Thank you for your answer.
    I cleaned the earphone jack.
    Unfortunately Virtual Expert isn't compatible with my device.
    I then uninstalled the latest versions of Android Auto and Sygic, then reinstalled an 2 month old version of AA.
    KeyOne runs without problems. It seems to be Sygic that caused the trouble.
    If the problem(s) occur again, I will go on uninstall further apps.
    Last edited by ScherikSchm; 04-09-21 at 02:02 PM.
    04-08-21 04:15 PM