Yeah for Android BlackBerry I suppose it was kind of hard to remain a leader in security when the OS you use comes mainly from one of your competitors.
    That's not really an issue.

Knox does perfectly fine.
    09-27-21 07:06 AM
    That's not really an issue.

Knox does perfectly fine.
    I suspect Knox does indeed do perfectly fine, and as Android security even further improved, les room for BlackBerry Android to offer something extra.
    09-27-21 07:10 AM
    I suspect Knox does indeed do perfectly fine, and as Android security even further improved, les room for BlackBerry Android to offer something extra.
    In 2014 when they starting thinking about moving to Android.... There was a lot BlackBerry could offer.

But a moving target that you don't control... is hard to hit when your blindfolded.
    spARTacus and elfabio80 like this.
    09-27-21 07:18 AM
    October 1st, 6 months using the Keyone & still no problems WHATSOEVER!!! Looking forward to all the negative comments. Bring em' on. πŸ˜‹
    to boldly go and Ph1llip like this.
    10-01-21 07:53 PM
    October 1st, 6 months using the Keyone & still no problems WHATSOEVER!!!
    ...that you're aware of.

I'm not sure what you're excited about. One could also say they are still alive after 6 months of not wearing a seat belt. Congrats?
    pdr733 and mikael11 like this.
    10-01-21 09:19 PM
    October 1st, 6 months using the Keyone & still no problems WHATSOEVER!!! Looking forward to all the negative comments. Bring em' on.
    I am also sticking with the KeyONE til I can't. At this point in my life it's nowhere near the top of my Things to Worry About . 'Nuther topic for 'nuther time and place .
    KnackBerry likes this.
    10-01-21 09:29 PM
    VIRUS TALK. Knack Reports No Hack on KEYone. Five Months Virus Free!!! 😁-screenshot-2022-02-23-183444.png
    the_boon and italia2014 like this.
    02-23-22 07:52 PM
    October 1st, 6 months using the Keyone & still no problems WHATSOEVER!!! Looking forward to all the negative comments. Bring em' on. πŸ˜‹
    I'm with you Knackberry. I respect the current company's opinion but I detest "you should do this or else something bad will happen to you" advice. It's. Just. A. Phone.

I'm sticking with my mint Key2. Phony Google account, credits added via play store cards paid for with cash, blah blah blah. The rest is sandboxed by AOSP any way.

My security is addressed by my sidearm and rifle, not by a damn iPhone or Galaxy
    02-24-22 08:19 AM
    Thanks for the reply Ph1llip. Almost a year now and still working good. Onward Mobility just announced there will not be a new BlackBerry coming out. I would think because of that announcement it will soon be more difficult to find a Keyone or Key2 in good shape at a reasonable price. I managed to find two new unused ones last year. Good to hear you have a Key2. I also wanted a Key2 but went with the Keyone because it can be easily taken apart in case any repairs need to be done. Wish you good service with your Key2 for years to come. οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
    02-24-22 08:59 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-23 183444.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	269.3 KB 
ID:	451798
    https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/2...any-protection

"A new analysis from Austrian antivirus testers AV-Comparatives claims that most AV apps on Android are ineffective, and some are downright frauds."
    02-24-22 09:00 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-23 183444.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	269.3 KB 
ID:	451798
    Well if you are ok with "I think it's safe enough".... coming from some random Youtube personality (sorry Adam) that doesn't have a background in cybersecurity that I know of, go for it.
    02-24-22 09:12 AM
    Well if you are ok with "I think it's safe enough".... coming from some random Youtube personality (sorry Adam) that doesn't have a background in cybersecurity that I know of, go for it.
    Actually, Adam has mentioned in many of his BlackBerry videos the importance of regular security updates. I posted the question because I value his opinion. I appreciate your input also Dunt. Thanks for your reply. All I am saying is that Norton seems to be doing it's job. It has App Security, Internet Security, Wi-Fi Security, Device Security and just recently added SMS Security. It does regular scans of the operating system (I can do a manual scan also), will not let me download outdated Apps, scans all other Apps before downloading, scans websites and has auto Auto VPN for when it detects an unsecure network. Almost a year now with no problems. Any more comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    02-24-22 10:11 AM
    Actually, Adam has mentioned in many of his BlackBerry videos the importance of regular security updates. I posted the question because I value his opinion. I appreciate your input also Dunt. Thanks for your reply. All I am saying is that Norton seems to be doing it's job. It has App Security, Internet Security, Wi-Fi Security, Device Security and just recently added SMS Security. It does regular scans of the operating system (I can do a manual scan also), will not let me download outdated Apps, scans all other Apps before downloading, scans websites and has auto Auto VPN for when it detects an unsecure network. Almost a year now with no problems. Any more comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    This sums it up.... https://www.xda-developers.com/android-antivirus-app/

If you ignore the basics of keeping your OS current... nothing else is going really matter. Norton's like using a Band-Aid on an open wound that get's worse each month.

Bottom line, don't ask random folks on a forum or Youtube site... ask the experts.
    02-24-22 11:13 AM
    Sample Scan VIRUS TALK. Knack Reports No Hack on KEYone. Five Months Virus Free!!! 😁-scan.jpgVIRUS TALK. Knack Reports No Hack on KEYone. Five Months Virus Free!!! 😁-report.jpgVIRUS TALK. Knack Reports No Hack on KEYone. Five Months Virus Free!!! 😁-apps.jpgVIRUS TALK. Knack Reports No Hack on KEYone. Five Months Virus Free!!! 😁-internet-security.jpgVIRUS TALK. Knack Reports No Hack on KEYone. Five Months Virus Free!!! 😁-networks.jpg
    02-24-22 11:29 AM

If you ignore the basics of keeping your OS current... nothing else is going really matter. Norton's like using a Band-Aid on an open wound that get's worse each month.

Bottom line, don't ask random folks on a forum or Youtube site... ask the experts.
    Thank You very much for the advice and link.
    02-24-22 11:30 AM

Just no. This guy is not an expert. Not everyone who writes for XDA is a technical SME.

VIRUS TALK. Knack Reports No Hack on KEYone. Five Months Virus Free!!! 😁-capture.jpg

But he might be good to ask if we have a question about "Space Force"
    KnackBerry likes this.
    02-25-22 11:31 AM

I'm not sure what you're excited about. One could also say they are still alive after 6 months of not wearing a seat belt. Congrats?
    This analogy may be a bit disproportionate in terms of magnitude. The risk of injury, disability or death is not really comparable to the risk of one's cellphone being hacked.

Besides, there's another factor in that most North American jurisdictions have mandatory seat belt laws of some form. We must wear seat belts. There's no law that says our phones must be capable of receiving security updates.
    KnackBerry likes this.
    02-25-22 11:45 AM

Who's "random people" and who's "experts" ?
    KnackBerry and bh7171 like this.
    02-25-22 04:52 PM
    Who's "random people" and who's "experts" ?
    Typically a YouTube blogger is a random person, and security analysts are experts.
    02-25-22 05:09 PM
    April first will mark one year using the KEYone with no problems.
    italia2014 likes this.
    03-30-22 04:11 PM
    April first will mark one year using the KEYone with no problems.
    How would you exactly know there’s no problem?
    03-30-22 04:26 PM
    How would you exactly know there’s no problem?
    His money is still in his bank account....
    03-31-22 08:07 AM
    His money is still in his bank account....
    LMAO
    03-31-22 11:42 AM
    Yeah, over two years now and my money is still in my bank account and the phone is working fine. Any more negative comments about not using the device because of the lack of "security patches"? What a joke.
    06-13-23 05:25 PM
    Yeah, over two years now and my money is still in my bank account and the phone is working fine. Any more negative comments about not using the device because of the lack of "security patches"? What a joke.
    I've smoked two packs a day for the last two years, and haven't worn a seatbelt either.

Still cancer free and haven't been ejected from my car!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-13-23 05:51 PM
112 ... 2345