I wanted to try these personal emojs but hate the virtual keyboard really, so I was looking for a way to use the virtual keyboard only when needed, for instance by assigning to the virtual keyboard a shortcut, becuase to have the VK launched by default when typing the text is unbereable for me.
    Last edited by crowning73; 11-21-19 at 06:50 AM.
    11-21-19 06:00 AM
    I wanted to try these personal emojs but hate the virtual keyboard really, so I was looking for a way to use the virtual keyboard only when needed, for instance by assigning to the virtual keyboard a shortcut, becuase to have the VK launched by default when typing the text is unbereable for me.
    Just turn the phone sideways.
    11-21-19 07:32 AM
    or press SYM and select ABC lower left corner...
    whatnow00 likes this.
    11-21-19 12:22 PM
    I'm not sure I explained myself, the VK comes up by default, then you can dismiss it if not useful, is there a way to do viceversa? The VK does not come up when entering text but you can "call" it when needed?
    11-21-19 03:50 PM
    I'm not sure I explained myself, the VK comes up by default, then you can dismiss it if not useful, is there a way to do viceversa? The VK does not come up when entering text but you can "call" it when needed?
    Is this system wide or does the issue pertain to a certain app?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-19 08:07 PM
    The easiest way I know of to bring up the vkb is to hit your symbol key (which initially displays symbols, but has an ABC key in the bottom left) and tap that ABC icon. I've never had the vkb pop up by default cuz I'd lose too much screen. Also while I love BlackBerry vkb, like on my Priv for ex, I don't particularly like using it on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ because it sits so high on the screen, even if it does make one hand use a little bit easier
    11-23-19 12:36 AM
    You must have accidentally turned on the virtual keyboard.

Go to Android settings menu > Languages & input > Current Keyboard > Turn off "Show virtual keyboard".

Once that's off, you can call up the virtual keyboard on demand by tapping in a text field and pressing the "sym" key and then press ABC on the bottom left.
    11-26-19 05:00 PM