A Track Pad and Tool Box like on the Classic or a Keyboard like the Passport or Priv can replace the on screen clutter.
    I'm not sure how that would work. We're not talking about input methods here, we're talking about all the junk that's often built into Android's UI.
    02-07-16 01:30 PM
    The cracks are starting to show it seems. We're 4 months in since launch of the PRIV, with no news of the Marshmallow update. With BlackBerry's trackrecord as of late, it is perfectly safe to assume it may never materialize, and if it does, it will be severely late. Their Android implementation is deficient, the device is of sub-par quality. I too think they're done with HW.
    Marshmallow update: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/12...in-q1-2016.htm

I don't think the implementation of Android is "deficient " either. Many people are quite satisfied with the device and reviews have been fairly positive and the device has been well received.

Also, BlackBerry is not done with hardware. Quite the opposite, actually. Had you done a bit of research before making such a claim, your credibility going forward would remain intact.

http://www.ibtimes.com/blackberry-he...launch-2257788

http://www.sciencetimes.com/articles...phone-year.htm

Good day!

Z10, 10.3.2.858, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    02-07-16 01:35 PM
    I still don't get how the literally one render of the Vienna in existence causes all this.

Will it come out with Marshmallow? On Verizon? In India? Will it have the option of BB10?

Will it have a Snapdragon 801, 808, 810 or something else?

Should I buy the Vienna or the iPhone 7?

It's one damn .jpg with a codename on it, nothing more.
    JeepBB, eldricho, ayngling and 2 others like this.
    02-07-16 02:11 PM
    I still don't get how the literally one render of the Vienna in existence causes all this.

Will it come out with Marshmallow? On Verizon? In India? Will it have the option of BB10?

Will it have a Snapdragon 801, 808, 810 or something else?

Should I buy the Vienna or the iPhone 7?

It's one damn .jpg with a codename on it, nothing more.
    You are right dude, but the fact Bla1ze opened up this section stated more than 10s of leaks all together Moreover, if I recall well, it was Bla1ze himself who posted the news with the .jpg you are referring to..

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 03:50 PM
    With the recent layoffs, will blackberry continue with the vienna or will priv be the last blackberry? I really hate to say it but it seems that the layoffs were mostly in devices and that leads me to wonder that since they were already basically at as low as they can go and still make devices have they crossed the line and ended devices?

Posted via CB10
    I think the layoffs are related to BB10 not hardware. Hardware and Android development would be separate from BB10 OS development.

I'm hoping if they make the move 100% to Android they do it quickly and fast offering at least 3 models within the year. A Classic (Vienna), a touch and the Priv would be perfect.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-07-16 04:06 PM
    Why would a BlackBerry Android be any better than a Samsung Android?
    No TouchWiz is enough for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    Last edited by paulbbp; 02-07-16 at 06:59 PM.
    tmf06 likes this.
    02-07-16 04:43 PM
    Let's hope BlackBerry doesn't waste any more money on Crapdroid.
    Crapdroid for you. Superior user experience for me with the bonus of huge app store.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    Z30Commission likes this.
    02-07-16 04:45 PM
    Marshmallow update: When Will The BlackBerry Priv Get Android 6.0 Marshmallow? You'll Find Out In Q1 2016 : CES 2016 : Tech Times

I don't think the implementation of Android is "deficient " either. Many people are quite satisfied with the device and reviews have been fairly positive and the device has been well received.

Also, BlackBerry is not done with hardware. Quite the opposite, actually. Had you done a bit of research before making such a claim, your credibility going forward would remain intact.

BlackBerry Heads Into 2016 With Renewed Confidence Following Priv's Promising Launch

BlackBerry To Release A New Smartphone This Year : TECH & INNOVATION : Science Times

Good day!

1. Announcement about an announcement. Yeah, that's real confirmation right there /sarcasm
    2. Strong launch for the PRIV? I think not. I'm not worried though because this will be confirmed at the next ER.
    3. Rumour of a new phone means nothing. BlackBerry showed off a dummy PRIV with BlackBerry 10, and now they're abandoning BlackBerry 10. With BlackBerry nothing is certain, nothing. Period.
    02-07-16 04:47 PM
    No. The Vienna is not dead. I am amazed at how many people won't do basic research. While the article doesn't specifically mention the Vienna, it does confirm BlackBerry's intention to release more Android phones in 2016. Surely, the Vienna would likely be among them.

BlackBerry To Release A New Smartphone This Year : TECH & INNOVATION : Science Times

Even if it came out of John Chen's mouth while he was standing next to the production line while the phone is being assembled, I still wouldn't believe anything BlackBerry says, let alone some unsubstantiated article. Bottom line is that they have betrayed trust so many times it is hard to count. In addition, they continue to announce and swear by things that never happen. They lied about app support at launch of BlackBerry 10, the PlayBook was abandoned despite promises of BlackBerry 10 coming to it, BlackBerry Experience Suite is nowhere to be found, Blend development was abandoned, BlackBerry Meetings abandoned and shut/shutting down, heck even BBM is scarcely improving. Should I go on?
    02-07-16 04:56 PM
    Here is a bit of an indicator of the popularity of the PRIV, two major cities in Canada and two megalopolis cities in the USA. If I assume that CL is only giving me LA proper and not LA greater, that's 20m people combined for these 4. If it is LA greater, that's nearly 40m. In all, a handful (literally) PRIV devices on sale. I think they did not sell even 500k devices since launch in all markets combined. Heck, I think they didn't even sell 250k.

Relevance? If PRIV is barely selling, why would there be another Android device.

Is the Vienna dead?-image.jpgIs the Vienna dead?-image.jpgIs the Vienna dead?-image.jpgIs the Vienna dead?-image.jpg
    Last edited by dejanh; 02-07-16 at 08:26 PM.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    02-07-16 05:11 PM
    Why would a BlackBerry Android be any better than a Samsung Android?
    Touchwiz on Samsung devices is notorious for being bloated, and Samsung has in recent years worked to streamline and improve it with some modicum of success. BlackBerry has a nearly stock Android that, despite all that appears here, works quite well.

With a smaller screen like the Classic? There's way too much clutter and junk on the screen of a typical Android device to cram into a small Classic sized screen.
    Screenshot with problem areas shown? I can see it being a problem if something didn't have a full screen setting or vanished off screen by default. A lot of the time there's a toggle for full screen in the app itself, and if not, it'll be in system settings.

On a side note, the very 1st android device was modeled after a Curve style BlackBerry but went to a touchscreen design with the advent of the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    02-07-16 05:22 PM
    I favour physical keyboards over virtual, so I'd prefer that.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 02:52 AM
    The cracks are starting to show it seems. We're 4 months in since launch of the PRIV, with no news of the Marshmallow update. With BlackBerry's trackrecord as of late, it is perfectly safe to assume it may never materialize, and if it does, it will be severely late.
    Marshmallow is due in the 1st quarter, that means the end of the 1st quarter is the LAST day of March. It not even the middle of February yet so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    02-08-16 09:09 AM
    Marshmallow is due in the 1st quarter, that means the end of the 1st quarter is the LAST day of March. It not even the middle of February yet so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    To be fair, they announced that they would announce when Marshmallow was coming out then.

Which means at the end of March they would say that Marshmallow would be coming in December.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-08-16 09:28 AM
    We'll see what they have at Mobile World Congress. If Ron Louks holds up a device with a screen that looks like an LED flashlight for only five seconds then it will show up around the end of the year on one carrier. If he holds them up in various colors then it will only come in black.
    02-08-16 09:51 AM
    Let's hope BlackBerry doesn't waste any more money on Crapdroid.
    What's surprising is it came from someone with Android as his avatar.
    02-08-16 10:13 AM
    To be fair, they announced that they would announce when Marshmallow was coming out then.

Which means at the end of March they would say that Marshmallow would be coming in December.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    To be fair, the PRIV was forced announced and pushed to market 4 months too early because of leaks.

No Blackberry Android product was ready by November 2015 and I'm sure all the security features and the polish of making Android more like BB10 was planned for Marshmallow.
    Once again the BlackBerry end user speculation and entitlement factor is way too high, there's a reason why Apple carved out the path for iOS so well. They don't care about your whining.
    02-08-16 02:00 PM
    To be fair, the PRIV was forced announced and pushed to market 4 months too early because of leaks.

No Blackberry Android product was ready by November 2015 and I'm sure all the security features and the polish of making Android more like BB10 was planned for Marshmallow.
    Once again the BlackBerry end user speculation and entitlement factor is way too high, there's a reason why Apple carved out the path for iOS so well. They don't care about your whining.
    I don't quite understand.

Are you saying they were aiming for a 2016 release running Marshmallow? If that's the case then why would they even bother working on Lollipop to have something for Nov/2015.

Or are you saying they were planning to release in 2016 with Lollipop, then update to Marshmallow later in 2016, and that's why they had something on Lollipop to release in November?

I guess what I'm asking is, if the November 2015 release was 'four months early' what do you figure they were actually going to release in March 2016?
    02-08-16 02:07 PM
    We'll see what they have at Mobile World Congress. If Ron Louks holds up a device with a screen that looks like an LED flashlight for only five seconds then it will show up around the end of the year on one carrier. If he holds them up in various colors then it will only come in black.
    It might be a shock for you, but according to my German sources, BlackBerry isn't going to be present at MWC 16... very, very sad news...

https://www.androidpit.de/mwc-news-releases-highlights

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    02-08-16 02:22 PM
    I don't quite understand.

Are you saying they were aiming for a 2016 release running Marshmallow? If that's the case then why would they even bother working on Lollipop to have something for Nov/2015.

Or are you saying they were planning to release in 2016 with Lollipop, then update to Marshmallow later in 2016, and that's why they had something on Lollipop to release in November?

I guess what I'm asking is, if the November 2015 release was 'four months early' what do you figure they were actually going to release in March 2016?
    Phone makers weren't getting Marshmallow until December 2015. IMHO they were planning to release the PRIV end of December or early January with all patches and polish needed and they could ride Lollypop for a shorter time.
    If you look at what Marshmallow has to offer with more granular security and OS polish it's more in line with BB10 2.0.0.
    Leaks and the consumer forced the early release of the PRIV, it was a must that BlackBerry had to release it or the stocks would have tumbled further.

I can't understand why so many people don't have the foresight to see that every PRIV Lollypop update and BlackBerry's "Security Update" or BB10 commitment is pretty much a stop gap to patch a half baked OS and gain some consumer confidence.
    Splitting resources puts tremendous pressure on the team trying to get the OS ready for Marshmallow.

Don't even get me started on the reality of the Google road map of ditching a Java based OS so they can fuse Chrome & Android for a new OS and making their own handsets. Can anyone say shades of BlackBerry and the BBOS change 4 years ago?

You think BlackBerry ditching BB10 and taking on Android OS was a last ditch attempt? Nope it's to make Google happy.
    IMHO don't be surprised if QNX will be Googles OS saving grace to their next OS with sprinkles of BB10. Probably by acquisition or with strategic partnership with adding the letters B and Q to their Alphabet umbrella since BlackBerry with be strictly a software company in the next 3 years.
    FeitaInc likes this.
    02-08-16 02:32 PM
    It might be a shock for you, but according to my German sources, BlackBerry isn't going to be present at MWC 16... very, very sad news...

https://www.androidpit.de/mwc-news-releases-highlights
    This just reinforces the point that the PRIV is not selling at the levels needed and that there is very high likelihood the PRIV is BlackBerry's last device.
    Last edited by dejanh; 02-08-16 at 05:22 PM.
    early2bed and crackberry_geek like this.
    02-08-16 04:14 PM
    So much doom and gloom in here. You guys must be fun at parties.
    Lol!
    Doggerz is right. Except he misspelled CrackBerry as BlackBerry.
    02-08-16 04:24 PM
    They have a sure fire winner on the Vienna...just put in the Classic keyboard

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wrec likes this.
    02-08-16 08:32 PM
    This just reinforces the point that the PRIV is not selling at the levels needed and that there is very high likelihood the PRIV is BlackBerry's last device.
    If true, while disappointing, I'm not totally surprised. Regardless of the package they put together, and the overall finish of the device they had no business pricing it where they did. The brand perception just isn't there anymore, even less so when considering it was their first entrant in the android space. You can call me cheap, tell me to get over it, but it is what it is. They made the same mistake with BB10. If you want to get it in as many hands as possible you price it to compete by under cutting the "market leaders". BlackBerry refuses to do so.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc, dejanh and crackberry_geek like this.
    02-08-16 11:22 PM

BlackBerry Heads Into 2016 With Renewed Confidence Following Priv's Promising Launch

Good day!

Thank god you don't do "research" in academia.
    02-09-16 01:26 AM
255 1234 ...