Same here, of course with a slightly taller screen
    Me too.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-10-16 05:42 PM
    I'm not sure about the specs of Vienna. But I'm looking forward to a mid-range Android device by BlackBerry that is affordable.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 09:15 PM
    Honest question here... what are most of you hoping a marshmallow update will bring to the priv? Just like ios and bb10, there is a lot of hype around android updates but the fact is they rarely bring new amazing features. I could care less whether I'm using kitkat, lollipop or marshmallow.
    04-12-16 10:53 AM
    Honest question here... what are most of you hoping a marshmallow update will bring to the priv? Just like ios and bb10, there is a lot of hype around android updates but the fact is they rarely bring new amazing features. I could care less whether I'm using kitkat, lollipop or marshmallow.
    There hasn't been any new amazing features for any phone for like 7 years, so people get excited for stupid little things like "nifty" animations and dumb things like that... And it's exactly what the industry wants.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    pooyam likes this.
    04-12-16 11:45 AM
    Most OS updates nowadays are focused on functionality and fixes over new features, which, when included, are usually just including functions that used to require apps (ex. the iPhone's new nighttime warm color setting). For me, with both my S6 and Priv, I'm most looking forward to the doze feature, which is said to make massive gains in battery life on many devices. Some with the S6 are reporting a 40% increase in standby battery life, which would be outstanding to get simply through an OTA update.

Beyond that with Marshmallow, being able to really dive in and control app permissions is important to many users, myself included. The idea that a social media app can currently turn on my phone's microphone whenever they want is cause for concern.

Companies are going to hold off on new and amazing features for their new hardware offerings. They already have your money. They want to provide you with functionality support so you'll trust the company enough to buy your next phone from them. It's a fair point that phone feature advances have plateaued a bit, which is to be expected with any technology. I do think Apple is on to something with their Force/3D touch, and it appears they will be adding it to the home button for increased functionality in the iPhone 7. Samsung continues to innovate displays and cameras. There's nowhere to go but up for the industry, and we're all the beneficiaries of their competition with each other. The most important and elusive thing that is preventing the advent of new and exciting features is batteries, which is why Marshmallow is so exciting. Anything that can be done to a phone to create a more long-lasting battery increases the ability of the developers to include new features and take what your phone can do to the next level. As battery tech advances, so will phone features.
    04-12-16 03:45 PM
255 ... 91011