What ever you think, good luck with it.
    It's not what I think, it's common sense.
    08-13-17 09:50 AM
    It's not what I think, it's common sense.
    Have a nice day
    08-13-17 09:51 AM
    Have a nice day
    You're wasting your breath. He speaks for the "majority of KEYone owners" and knows, despite this forum being filled with screen lift/reception issues, that most people have had zero problems with their KEYone and that its the best device ever built. Quit your whining and stop making things up about the phone.
    chain13 likes this.
    08-13-17 10:35 AM
    Lol..............woof
    08-13-17 10:38 AM
    You're wasting your breath. He speaks for the "majority of KEYone owners" and knows, despite this forum being filled with screen lift/reception issues, that most people have had zero problems with their KEYone and that its the best device ever built. Quit your whining and stop making things up about the phone.
    I try not to reply to you, I really do. But your posts just scream out.

Do you realize that not everyone who owns a BlackBerry is a member on CrackBerry?

Did you know, that statistically 150 or 300 out of thousands, does not equal 'most '?

Seriously, every single one of your posts conveys a certain vindictive tone against BlackBerry. If you are so disenchanted and have this deep resentment, why the #@$? do you even buy BlackBerry phones or come to this site? You do realize this is a fan site, right?
    stlabrat likes this.
    08-13-17 12:23 PM

Do you realize that not everyone who owns a BlackBerry is a member on CrackBerry?

Did you know, that statistically 150 or 300 out of thousands, does not equal 'most '?

Seriously, every single one of your posts conveys a certain vindictive tone against BlackBerry. If you are so disenchanted and have this deep resentment, why the #@$? do you even buy BlackBerry phones or come to this site? You do realize this is a fan site, right?
    Be more accurate. He 's giving an opinion about one particular model: a KEYone. And it's not a Blackberry phone. It's built by a licencee: TCL/ BB mobile.
    Carry on.
    08-13-17 01:06 PM

Wow.........he posts about facts in evidence good bad and ugly.

No one needs to post anything negative about BlackBerry. They do it to themselves all the time. For a 500 dollar plus phone, the Keyone is a dog. TCL is trying to capitalize on the BlackBerry name on the cheap. Before you respond how I am also a hater. I leave you with this, my company that I own has a few large contracts for services with BlackBerry. My company tested this phone, before we went Apple. For the money and this is about cash and large sums of it. This phone has real issues.
    08-13-17 02:06 PM
    Wow.........he posts about facts in evidence good bad and ugly.

No one needs to post anything negative about BlackBerry. They do it to themselves all the time. For a 500 dollar plus phone, the Keyone is a dog. TCL is trying to capitalize on the BlackBerry name on the cheap. Before you respond how I am also a hater. I leave you with this, my company that I own has a few large contracts for services with BlackBerry. My company tested this phone, before we went Apple. For the money and this is about cash and large sums of it. This phone has real issues.
    I am not disputing that users have experienced some issues. In the past I too have agreed that the launch wasn't good, the screen issue sucks and no doubt some people here have problems with reception.

My issue is when you try to make it sound like everyone is experiencing these issues, or overall the phone is a lemon. There are probably many more users of BlackBerry phones that don't post on CrackBerry, so don't take the complaints here are the gold standard. And as stated by lots of users here already, many K1 users are happy and have not had any problems.

This effort to manufacture a bigger problem by negative overstatement and opinions does not help. It's already been noted that there were over 150 reports of screen lift on CB (quoting donnation, so I don't know how accurate that is). But that does not equal everyone or most people, whatever way you look at it.

If someone has an issue, they can return the phone on warranty.

For those people who troll the 'complaints' threads and only seem to join the song and dance there, it would be nice to see more posting helping others, and contributing useful info.
    08-13-17 02:25 PM
    I am not disputing that users have experienced some issues. In the past I too have agreed that the launch wasn't good, the screen issue sucks and no doubt some people here have problems with reception.

My issue is when you try to make it sound like everyone is experiencing these issues, or overall the phone is a lemon. There are probably many more users of BlackBerry phones that don't post on CrackBerry. And as stated by lots of users here already, many K1 users are happy and have not had any problems.

This effort to manufacture a bigger problem by negative overstatement and opinions does not help. It's already been noted that there were over 150 reports of screen lift on CB (quoting donnation, so I don't know how accurate that is). But that does not equal everyone or most people, whatever way you look at it.

If someone has an issue, they can return the phone on warranty.

For those people who troll the 'complaints' threads and only seem to join the song and dance there, it would be nice to see more posting helping others, and contributing useful info.
    Don't hint hint me, I have posted how to many times to fix this phone. When you sell a 500 plus dollar phone and call it high end. It should be, screen lift antenna issues, keyboards. There is nothing left to go wrong......lol

Hint hint
    08-13-17 02:28 PM
    Don't hint hint me, I have posted how to many times to fix this phone. When you sell a 500 plus dollar phone and call it high end. It should be, screen lift antenna issues, keyboards. There is nothing left to go wrong......lol

Hint hint
    Well you had me fooled, because lately every timebi come across your user name it's always for something negative. You made your point, so relax on the crusade.
    stlabrat likes this.
    08-13-17 02:31 PM
    Well you had me fooled, because lately every timebi come across your user name it's always for something negative. You made your point, so relax on the crusade.
    No crusade, I just think TCL needs to get out front. Phone issues are not negative. We had the phone as a test bed. The phone failed, not because we wanted it too but because it did. My companies have contracts with TCL and when the screen fell out we contacted them and was authorized to repair it. There concern was very high at that moment. But as time has gone on the concern has been less and less. This is not acceptable at this price. That's all.

One last thing, people reporting issues are not negative, but people who spent a large chunk of change and now have real issues.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-17 02:38 PM

Since you chose to respond, I'll go ahead and reply back.

Thank you for validating my point. So many have said "Well its only 150 or so where the screen has lifted so far." My response to that has been "that's 150 in here, which doesn't represent everyone who purchased this phone." So you've just validated my point that its most likely many hundred, if not thousand more of these phones where the screen has lifted, or will lift.

I didn't say most either. I said ALL of the first run devices will have the screen fall out, because that's what I believe will happen. They aren't isolated instances and it isn't a fluke. It was a failure by TCL to apply enough adhesive on the phone, end of story.

Finally, I've said plenty of positive about the KEYone. I even gave it a mini review and overall gave it good marks. This particular thread is about poor signal, which my KEYone had. My question to you is, why are you here? You think its so isolated and isn't a big deal then why bother coming in here and reading about it? I've been a member of this forum since it started and believe me have offered more support for Blackberry in here than nearly everyone. But i'm going to be critical of a device when its warranted, and this warrants it in my opinion. So if you don't like what I have to say about this particular issue, don't come in this thread, or just click the ignore button and problem solved.
    anon(9742832) and AM83 like this.
    08-13-17 03:10 PM

My understanding is this is not just a fan site anymore. It is more or less an arm or affiliate of BlackBerry because it is the official support forum. So I don't know where else people are supposed to raise issues. It's not like there are large, concentrated numbers of BlackBerry users on other sites.
    08-13-17 03:12 PM
    Have a nice day
    The Reality Distortion Field is strong in that 1.

TCL could come out tomorrow and say all K1s will eventually have issue, and I am pretty sure he'd be here disputing it 😂

As more people report the growing number of problems of the K1, hopefully TCL will get more communicative and responsive.
    08-13-17 04:24 PM
    The Reality Distortion Field is strong in that 1.

TCL could come out tomorrow and say all K1s will eventually have issue, and I am pretty sure he'd be here disputing it ������

As more people report the growing number of problems of the K1, hopefully TCL will get more communicative and responsive.
    No what they could do is say an issues has come up from this build to the next. We are recalling them for repair. Just like all other manufacturers.
    08-13-17 04:34 PM
    I recall reading an article a few weeks ago where a scientific study was completed on the iPhone antenna and it confirmed that jf the iPhone was held in the left hand with a clenched hand the signal dropped by - 12 dbm. A drop of 20 dbm is obviously worse but this is a common problem with such tiny and low powered digital phones.
    08-13-17 06:07 PM
    I recall reading an article a few weeks ago where a scientific study was completed on the iPhone antenna and it confirmed that jf the iPhone was held in the left hand with a clenched hand the signal dropped by - 12 dbm. A drop of 20 dbm is obviously worse but this is a common problem with such tiny and low powered digital phones.
    What version of iphone? iphone 4 had this problem back then, I believe because they used their metal body frame as antenna itself. That caused signal drops once you hold it in hand
    08-13-17 07:33 PM
    What version of iphone? iphone 4 had this problem back then, I believe because they used their metal body frame as antenna itself. That caused signal drops once you hold it in hand
    Believe it or not the iPhone 7. A quick google search can find the article I'm sure. There are actually a lot of signal/reception issues with the iPhone 7/7+
    08-13-17 07:53 PM
    Believe it or not the iPhone 7. A quick google search can find the article I'm sure. There are actually a lot of signal/reception issues with the iPhone 7/7+
    Correction: it looks like the study involved the iPhone 6 not the 7. My mistake. The study basically said hold the iPhone in your right hand for better signal strength.
    08-13-17 08:07 PM
    Not an issue in my case (GSM, Chile). I made this video:
    08-14-17 08:56 AM
    Thank you for validating my point. So many have said "Well its only 150 or so where the screen has lifted so far." My response to that has been "that's 150 in here, which doesn't represent everyone who purchased this phone." So you've just validated my point that its most likely many hundred, if not thousand more of these phones where the screen has lifted, or will lift.
    Wow, many hundred to thousand or more where the screen has lifted. You are making statements based on assumptions and exaggerating without facts. Is this what they call donnation scientology?

I didn't say most either. I said ALL of the first run devices will have the screen fall out, because that's what I believe will happen. They aren't isolated instances and it isn't a fluke. It was a failure by TCL to apply enough adhesive on the phone, end of story.
    It's absurd to make comments like this when you don't work at TCL, or have any data into the actual manufacturing processes and what actually happened. So how is your own device? If you were so sure this will happen to all devices, then why did you even buy a K1? Why all the hate? It goes well beyond making a statement that the launch was lousy and some units needed warranty service.

Finally, I've said plenty of positive about the KEYone. I even gave it a mini review and overall gave it good marks. This particular thread is about poor signal, which my KEYone had. My question to you is, why are you here? You think its so isolated and isn't a big deal then why bother coming in here and reading about it? I've been a member of this forum since it started and believe me have offered more support for Blackberry in here than nearly everyone. But i'm going to be critical of a device when its warranted, and this warrants it in my opinion. So if you don't like what I have to say about this particular issue, don't come in this thread, or just click the ignore button and problem solved.
    Yeah, I read your 'review' of the K1. The one where you spent a significant amount of time critiquing things like why the headphone jack is at the top of the unit and why you think it should be at the bottom. Even your own title in that thread referring to yourself as a hater goes to show that even you acknowledge your own bitter attitude.

I don't know about others, but I just find you to be very disgruntled overall. Like you have this love/hate relationship, but never miss a beat when there is an opportunity to throw in some negative or patronizing comment about BlackBerry. It gets tiring dude. This goes back way before the K1 was ever a concept.

Why am I here you ask? Because I like BlackBerry phones, and I like CrackBerry. There are some issues I too have had, but overwhelmingly I am not a negative person like you, always looking to find something to criticize. Because that's exactly what you sound like.

And for the record, it's not just the K1 you are critical about. Your most recent posts also bash the Passport. I'm sure if someone takes an inventory of all your complaints, there will be a long list including other devices too. Oh yeah, the Z10 also now that I recall.
    08-14-17 11:32 AM
    Wow, many hundred to thousand or more where the screen has lifted. You are making statements based on assumptions and exaggerating without facts. Is this what they call donnation scientology?

It's absurd to make comments like this when you don't work at TCL, or have any data into the actual manufacturing processes and what actually happened. So how is your own device? If you were so sure this will happen to all devices, then why did you even buy a K1? Why all the hate? It goes well beyond making a statement that the launch was lousy and some units needed warranty service.

Yeah, I read your 'review' of the K1. The one where you spent a significant amount of time critiquing things like why the headphone jack is at the top of the unit and why you think it should be at the bottom. Even your own title in that thread referring to yourself as a hater goes to show that even you acknowledge your own bitter attitude.

I don't know about others, but I just find you to be very disgruntled overall. Like you have this love/hate relationship, but never miss a beat when there is an opportunity to throw in some negative or patronizing comment about BlackBerry. It gets tiring dude. This goes back way before the K1 was ever a concept.

Why am I here you ask? Because I like BlackBerry phones, and I like CrackBerry. There are some issues I too have had, but overwhelmingly I am not a negative person like you, always looking to find something to criticize. Because that's exactly what you sound like.

And for the record, it's not just the K1 you are critical about. Your most recent posts also bash the Passport. I'm sure if someone takes an inventory of all your complaints, there will be a long list including other devices too. Oh yeah, the Z10 also now that I recall.
    That was a very well thought out post, so I'll give you one back.

1. My comments regarding the screen lifting, as I've said, are my opinion. They aren't facts, and I've never stated them as facts. What I do know as a fact is that the first run of devices has a manufacturing defect. I don't know that all of the screens will come out from that batch any more than you know that they won't. You stating that its a small number of devices is no more absurd than me stating that all of them will have the problem. You don't know that all of the screens won't eventually fall out, its just your opinion. What I do know as fact is that TCL saw it as enough of a problem that they had to add more adhesive to the phone in order to prevent this from happening. If it wasn't a problem, they would have simply kept with their original statement of "Its a small number out of thousands sold" and left it at that. I purchased a KEYone before the issue was widespread and have since returned it. It doesn't mean I won't buy another one when more stock of the fixed version comes out, but I'd prefer the Black version if its ever widely available in the states because I think that that version of the phone is what TCL should have originally released. They obviously feel the same or they wouldn't have released the phone with those updated specs in the first place.

2. My review of the K1 was again, my opinion. IN MY OPINION, as I stated in the review, I think the headphone jack should be at the bottom of the phone where its out of the way when you are holding it. What you are leaving out of my review is that I said that it: Had a great look and feel; Was fast and responsive; had nice sound despite being a mono speaker; had a great innovative fingerprint reader; and a nice camera. Interesting how you seemed to leave out the positive I said about the device.

3. How can one be a BlackBerry user and not be disgruntled? And yes, I do have a love/hate relationship with BlackBerry. I'm not some blind fanboy that just gushes over the slightest thing they do. In my opinion people like that just make things worse because they let BlackBerry off the hook when they should be pushed to do better. And again, I could care less if you find it "tiring." Ignore me, don't read it, don't come into threads where issues with the phone are being discussed. Stay in the rainbow happy threads and you won't have to read about people that are having issues. I didn't ask why you were on this forum. I asked why you were coming into threads specifically with titles around where people were complaining about issues with the phone. Stay out of them if you don't want to read them.

4. Yeah, I bashed the Passport. And it deserved to be bashed. The screen lifted on both my first device as well as the second, and double typing on the second remains to this day. Oh, and the Z10 was piece of trash beta junk when it was released that BlackBerry threw out a hail mary on and failed miserably. It was awful at launch. It improved slightly but that phone should have never been released in the form that BlackBerry originally gave it to us in, IN MY OPINION. I loved the Z30 and actually enjoyed the Passport until it starting falling apart.

Again, if you don't like reading things like this about phones, then why come into the threads. Its a phone forum, not a forum about curing cancer. If you can't take some back and forth barbing about a phone manufacturer and it makes you so annoyed or find it tiring, then you should stick to the rainbow happy threads. When people start the happy threads and put "please only positive things in here" I don't run in and rain on their parade, I leave them alone and let them gush. But when people put things like "The K1 is the best BlackBerry ever made." I say things like "In your opinion." In my opinion the K1 is far far far from the best BlackBerry ever made. Its had more issues since it was released than any phone dating back to the Storm. It has some good things about it, but its been plagued with so many issues I don't know how anyone with a straight face can say its the best phone they've ever put out.

I could go back and forth all day with you, but you seem to find it "tiring," so why not make things better for yourself and click ignore and you won't feel the need to be annoyed or worn out with reading what many people in here feel about the direction that BlackBerry has taken. I'm sure you are a good guy in person, and you'd find I am too if you actually knew the slightest thing about me. Getting so upset over what someone posts in a phone forum is really kind of ridiculous. But if you ignore me on here you won't have to deal with it and can better serve those that only want to post the glowing all positive and keep away from anything that might cause some internal pain by posting issues they are having with a phone.
    mrsimon likes this.
    08-14-17 12:09 PM
    Not suprised? Before a phone is being released, it must have been tested by a lot of people for a long time. Releasing a faulty device would be ridicules. Software bugs are accepted, but faulty hardware design not. So that argument about early adopters I have read more then once on this forum is also b*ll****. The manufacturer must take back the phones and adjust/fix or return money if the design is wrong. A consumer assumes he/she is buying a good product.

Btw I like the phone. I only experienced the tempered glass issue and some software issues that probably get fixed.
    There is another possibility. That the reception issue was known by TCL, and a calculated risk. For example, by using a case one might mitigate or eliminate the issue, and that only certain bands would be affected.
    08-14-17 12:58 PM
    There is another possibility. That the reception issue was known by TCL, and a calculated risk. For example, by using a case one might mitigate or eliminate the issue, and that only certain bands would be affected.
    Yup just like apple did
    08-14-17 02:49 PM
    Not an issue in my case (GSM, Chile). I made this video:
    This looks good - on the surface.
    In the weak reception thread that I'm running, where I've tested 4 different K1s so far, I stated several times, that my findings show that the K1 has a problem in areas of weak signal. In regular/strong signal areas, the K1 seems to perform sufficiently.
    As the testing of the OP shows, his 'hands free' signal is already in the yellow zone, meaning weak, while yours is solidly blue, i.e. strong. So it is apparent that the OP was in a much weaker signal area than you.
    The issue is, that all other phones that I tested in my weak signal area performed well, while all my 4 K1s showed no or very weak signal, and the effect that the OP demoed, was totally reproducible.
    My testing started in the middle of the yellow zone with no hands on the phone, and went down to the very end of red, when I held it at the bottom.
    So your test shows that the K1 performs ok when the signal is strong, but nothing more, sorry.
    08-14-17 03:52 PM
136 ... 3456