I have when my companies tech department contacted them the answer was. We cannot find and issue.

Not good
    May I suggest your tech department contact them again with reference to the video posted in this thread. It is pretty clear that something MIGHT be an issue.
    08-11-17 08:48 PM
    I personally believe the issue is related to hardware flawed design (speculation, I know), and not fixable by sw updates. Therefore this radio silence from the manufacturer, or denial of any problem.
    Radio silence due to dropped signal while holding their devices
    gnirkatto likes this.
    08-11-17 09:45 PM
    Radio silence due to dropped signal while holding their devices
    Holding them wrong!
    08-12-17 01:58 AM
    May I suggest your tech department contact them again with reference to the video posted in this thread. It is pretty clear that something MIGHT be an issue.
    Thank you for the input. We have contracts with TCL so we contact a different level of support. When we contacted them with screen lift there was deep concern, this time it was more "no issue here".
    08-12-17 07:54 AM
    I'm not sure what the problem is folks.

This is how I make calls on my Keyone and I never have a problem ;-)

Attachment 428460
    LOL I love it

Posted via CB10
    08-12-17 09:07 AM
    perfect reception on my launch keyone
    08-12-17 09:16 AM
    Weak reception may happen at some band only, but the real problem is the weakening happens when you grip the phone, its probably bad antenna design. iPhone 4 had its problem because it used its metal frame body as antenna itself.
    08-12-17 09:37 AM
    Thank you for the input. We have contracts with TCL so we contact a different level of support. When we contacted them with screen lift there was deep concern, this time it was more "no issue here".
    Ah, sad but at this stage not unexpected.
    08-12-17 09:43 AM
    To be fair to TCL, the reception issue is much more complex than the screen issue, and even harder to address. Not only will it take some investigation to determine the exact cause...but it could trigger an extremely expensive recall.

If TCL chooses to do anything it will be a damage control approach. Perhaps a new line of BlackBerry branded cases for the K1. And if they are really on the ball...that new black coating on the 'limited edition' has another purpose besides pure aesthetics...

On the BlackBerry side of the equation, hopefully some tweaking of the radio firmware / OS optimization is also in the cards for this device.
    Last edited by panopticon; 08-12-17 at 12:37 PM.
    08-12-17 12:19 PM
    To be fair to TCL, the reception issue is much more complex than the screen issue, and even harder to address. Not only will it take some investigation to determine the exact cause...but it could trigger an extremely expensive recall.

If TCL chooses to do anything it will be a damage control approach. Perhaps a new line of BlackBerry branded cases for the K1. And if they are really on the ball...that new black coating on the 'limited edition' has another purpose besides pure aesthetics...

On the BlackBerry side of the equation, hopefully some tweaking of the radio firmware / OS optimization is also in the cards for this device.
    Well, then you'd hope that they are reaching out to folks who have said they have a problem so that they can figure it out better.

Obviously, they don't need another defect issue but if one exists....
    08-12-17 12:48 PM

I would hope, but I think the design of the phone and build has many flaws that are coming out.

They should have done a general recall with the screen issue, but did not. Now its this, the market for this phone is getting smaller by the day. I know first hand a few companies that looked at the KeyOne. After the issues started they went elsewhere. They must have the same "team" from BlackBerry that proclaimed the Priv earth shattering................OS 10 is the do all OS. (sad that it did mature into that, no help from BlackBerry).
    FF22 likes this.
    08-12-17 01:12 PM
    cheap bastards should have put the paratek antenna in it.
    08-12-17 01:43 PM
    Well, then you'd hope that they are reaching out to folks who have said they have a problem so that they can figure it out better.

Obviously, they don't need another defect issue but if one exists....
    The only way I see TCL dealing with this is quietly...with future hardware revisions, and perhaps working with Qualcomm and BlackBerry to rectify some software issues. It may lead to lost sales and a few disappointed customers (myself included), but that is still far less a hit than sacrificing the entire production run.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-12-17 01:56 PM
    I love this phone and I guess it's not so surprising that a first year model will have its share of issues. If Sprint/Verizon, et.al would support WiFi calling for this device it certainly would help.
    08-12-17 02:10 PM
    I would hope, but I think the design of the phone and build has many flaws that are coming out.

They should have done a general recall with the screen issue, but did not. Now its this, the market for this phone is getting smaller by the day. I know first hand a few companies that looked at the KeyOne. After the issues started they went elsewhere. They must have the same "team" from BlackBerry that proclaimed the Priv earth shattering................OS 10 is the do all OS. (sad that it did mature into that, no help from BlackBerry).
    We also have to keep in mind this is TCL's first dedicated, all-in BlackBerry device. We can't expect them to 'confess their sins' with every single shortfall. A measured response is appropriate. I don't expect full disclosure on every issue, but what a do expect is to see a noticeable improvement the next time I take a chance purchasing a TCL BlackBerry.
    08-12-17 02:36 PM
    We also have to keep in mind this is TCL's first dedicated, all-in BlackBerry device. We can't expect them to 'confess their sins' with every single shortfall. A measured response is appropriate. I don't expect full disclosure on every issue, but what a do expect is to see a noticeable improvement the next time I take a chance purchasing a TCL BlackBerry.
    No I must disagree, this is not a new manufacturer. But one that is seasoned. They are handling this wrong and damaging the BB brand. But truthfully not much more can be done.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-12-17 03:26 PM
    you clearly have a defective phone ,return it for a new one ,problem solved. I'd like to add that my BlackBerry PRIV is no 💎 either, signal 📶 is all over the map as well. still able to make calls. also the Sim card can be a culprit in some cases
    08-12-17 04:07 PM
    perhaps CrackBerry Kevin can perform this exact same test on all his keyones and let us know?
    08-12-17 04:14 PM
    what is the name of the app he's using
    08-12-17 04:19 PM
    I love this phone and I guess it's not so surprising that a first year model will have its share of issues. If Sprint/Verizon, et.al would support WiFi calling for this device it certainly would help.
    Not suprised? Before a phone is being released, it must have been tested by a lot of people for a long time. Releasing a faulty device would be ridicules. Software bugs are accepted, but faulty hardware design not. So that argument about early adopters I have read more then once on this forum is also b*ll****. The manufacturer must take back the phones and adjust/fix or return money if the design is wrong. A consumer assumes he/she is buying a good product.

Btw I like the phone. I only experienced the tempered glass issue and some software issues that probably get fixed.
    Last edited by Sander02; 08-12-17 at 06:07 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-12-17 04:24 PM
    Yeah, well if I wasn't satisfied, I'd certainly return it and move on with life. I have no issues currently, but I did have to swap my first one because the screen was defective. But overall I love the device and it's great to have a keyboard.
    thekidshop likes this.
    08-12-17 04:37 PM
    LULZ this thread is hilarious

A few individuals have dodgy reception and its time to write the entire phone off.

I have a perfectly functioning phone, as do most people who bought a keyone.
    08-12-17 05:18 PM
    LULZ this thread is hilarious

A few individuals have dodgy reception and its time to write the entire phone off.

I have a perfectly functioning phone, as do most people who bought a keyone.
    While I glad your phone works fine, the amount of people with issues is not small. The return rate at Amazon is almost 35% with phone problems. Also TCL is making no effort to get out in front, but letting people do the trouble shooting. It just leaves a bad taste in ones mouth. This is not a cheap phone, but the response from them is.....

BTW I know the return rate because a friend works in logistics for Amazon and he told me the numbers.
    08-13-17 09:21 AM
    While I glad your phone works fine, the amount of people with issues is not small. The return rate at Amazon is almost 35% with phone problems. Also TCL is making no effort to get out in front, but letting people do the trouble shooting. It just leaves a bad taste in ones mouth. This is not a cheap phone, but the response from them is.....

BTW I know the return rate because a friend works in logistics for Amazon and he told me the numbers.
    Show me some official numbers for faulty units returned, then we can have a conversation. Sorry but my friend told me doesn't work.

I am aware of people on this board who returned their devices because of all the scaremongering.
    08-13-17 09:32 AM
    Show me some official numbers for faulty units returned, then we can have a conversation. Sorry but my friend told me doesn't work.

I am aware of people on this board who returned their devices because of all the scaremongering.
    What ever you think, good luck with it.
    08-13-17 09:41 AM
136 ... 23456